It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2003, 06:24 PM   #1

I B Da Fat Man HB User
Unhappy staples

Who hs info about having ones stomach stapled? I am just now starting to consider it, any info? Especially cost and potential dangers.

Thank you.

Old 06-12-2003, 06:02 AM   #2
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Welcome to the board! Sorry I don't have any info about stapling, but didn't want you to think you were being ignored. Have you tried good old fashioned nutrition & exercise? Just wondering. Anyway, stick around & you'll find lots of helpful info & support here. Good luck!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2003, 06:17 AM   #3
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
A friend of mine had gastric bypass a couple years ago... yes, it is a very dangerous surgery (I think they offer a laporoscopic version now, but still dangerous...) Her scar was pretty big... but she came through it okay, it was a struggle for her to get use to the new eating habits... you truly cannot eat very much at all, I don't know how people do it!! Her biggest problem was that she lost alot of weight but her skin then sagged horribly... she was very young and ended up having to have skin excissions and a tummy tuck, so yet more surgery. I know that between all of her surgeries, it cost her upwards of $15K, not sure what insurance covered, etc. She lost 120 lbs. Good luck to you!

Old 06-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #4

emptynester HB User
My sister who has fought morbid obesity all of her life had the surgery in the mid 80's. She lost her weight. However, she did not maintain it. Eventually her stomach stretched, she did not eat healthily and she is now 5'4 and is back up to about 260 pounds. I also saw an interview with Carney Wilson recently. She had a bypass (i believe) surgery a couple of years ago. She looks wonderful, but she says she is always craving food. I wish you the best in whatever decision you make.

Closed Thread