It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2003, 02:29 AM   #1

Teressa64 HB User
Question How much should I weigh?????

Having read the last thread with interest "how much do you weigh". I am confused with how much should I really weigh.

I am 27, 5ft 7in, and weigh at the moment 144.5. I have lost nearly 50 pounds, but I still feel hugh.

Having spoken to my mother, about how my weight loss seems to have stopped, she has said that I really don't need to lose any more, however I diasgree. I know I am within my healthy weight range, but I still don't feel comfortable with myself. Please advise before I drive myself mad.
Many thanks
Tree

Old 06-12-2003, 03:38 AM   #2

Las70 HB User
Hello. I am also 5'7". I have lost about 20 pounds in the last 3 months. From 155 to 135. I know the "uncomfortable feeling you are talking about. You know you are not fat, but your just not comfortable in you own skin yet. I wasn't either until about 140. Now I am trying to lose those last pesky pounds for the "bathing suit" body. I too hit a sort of plateau around 145. All I did was jumpstart my metabolism a little. Nothing strenuous. Just jumping on the trampoline with my girls...Or a walk around the lake we live by. ( not ALL the way around or I'd probably still be walking ) It seemed to boost my calorie burning ability. Now 2 days ago I joined a gym. Yes I am sore...Yes I hate it. But I hope to feel better in the LOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG run. I hate the long run. Anyways stick to it.....it'll happen if you want it bad enough. Sorry so long

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2003, 03:47 AM   #3

Teressa64 HB User
Thanks for that it is just the encouragement I needed. I was starting to think that maybe I would never be happy with my size and shape even after all my hard work. I am going to get a free week trial at the gym by where I work, and really push myself for the to see if it makes a difference. Although I can not afford to join one just yet, if I find it makes a little difference to my weight loss, I might have to try and find the money from somewhere. What weight are you aiming for?

Thanks again
Tree

Old 06-12-2003, 09:50 AM   #4

Las70 HB User
I'm not unhappy with my wieght now. Of corse I'm not walking around in a bikini either. I am trying to lose a few more pounds off the rear for the summer. It is hard to target certain areas that's why I started at the gym so somebody could tell me what to do. There are other ways to get the same results as from a gym. Do a search on "excersizing at home" or something. There are so many household items that can be used in place of gym equipment. One thing I found after I had my last daughter 5 1/2 years ago was that Yoga doesn't look like it's a workout but let me tell you what....it is. It is also good for stress and flexibility. I get very frustrated because I am impatieant. I have found that if I just do it (excersize) before I give it too much thought it goes much better. I can't give myself time to talk myself out of it or I will.

Old 06-12-2003, 01:38 PM   #5

FlaxGirl HB User
I feel the SAME EXACT WAY!! I am 5'10 and 155.... and although everyone tells me i look great.. i just dont think im there yet.... my goal is 140... and all those posts you hear about "where you gain it first is where you lose it last" is SO right on... my arms, stomach, back, are as lean as can be... still struggling with my damn butt and thighs... we will get there.. i've gotten this far! Fifteen more sounds like nothing in comparsion to the first 60!!!

Old 07-03-2003, 07:04 AM   #6

Teressa64 HB User
Hi Las70 I have made it to 140 pounds, and I do feel better, but feel I could do with lossing a bit more.

Hi Flax girl, How are you getting on?

Old 07-03-2003, 07:45 AM   #7
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Man, you guys, I am 5'5" and weigh 133. I bet you all look really good- you are taller and weigh about the same as me! And I have a bikini.... this makes me wonder about wearing it, though.

I would like to get down to 125 in a month.

Old 07-03-2003, 08:40 AM   #8

Teressa64 HB User
Hi Froggie,

I bet you look fab in your bikini, so I shouldn't worry. It is the one thing I am looking forward to wearing this year. I have lost 63 pounds so far, but am still suffering from a fat complex. Although I know I look loads better then what I did, I think I will be one of those people who still complain about being overweight even when I am not. However I can't feel too bad really, I do tend to go out in really tight jeans now, I would of never have done that when I was bigger.

Closed Thread