It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2003, 06:22 AM   #1
(female)

suzyq501 HB User
Post Atkins #3

ok....here is another one since the last one has gotten so long.

well as of today i have loss 30 lbs...I am happy about that but I thought I would of loss more! I know I shouldn't be greedy....lol......as well I have loss inches. I have to take my 2 week measurements tonight so hopefully I have gone down a bit more! lol

the only problem I have is drinking all my water and exercising....I just have to put my mind to it and get moving.

well have a great weekend.

Sue

Old 06-13-2003, 06:43 AM   #2
(female)

tasia013 HB User
Smile

Hello all... I am new to this board. I have been thinking about giving the atkins diet a try, haven`t read the book yet though. I lost 65 lbs before and last summer I reached my goal weight of 128. Basically I lost the weight by eating a very low carb /high protein diet and excersicing. But since Nov. I have been feeling a bit depressed and have put on about 30 lbs. I gave jenny craig a try over the last 6 weeks but find it very expensive and find that is too high in carbs and sodium for me. How does the atkins diet differ from any other low carb/high protein diet? How has everyone done with the atkins diet? I have read the zone, the GI revolution, protein power plan, is there a significant difference with atkins? Any feedback would be much appreciated..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2003, 07:29 AM   #3
(female)

suzyq501 HB User
Hi tasia013 - Welcome. Congrats on your weight loss. Sorry I am not to sure about the difference between the different plans - but with Atkins during the induction period you eat 20 grams of carbs per day..and that is by eating veggies and protein. check out the atkins site at atkins centre and you find all the information about this way of life. good luck.

Old 06-13-2003, 09:33 AM   #4

libby HB User
Tasia, WELCOME!

I think all the low carb plans are very similar. I also looked at the "curves" plan. That particular one stresses low fat as well. Personally, I like Atkins.

I also realize that this type of eating is a life style. For me, I know I cannot "go on...go off" all the time. I must live with the plan I have chosen. Unlike many people who follow Atkins, I find the choices very satisfying.

Hope you find the plan that works for you. Please try to think about your choice as something you can do for life.

Old 06-13-2003, 07:49 PM   #5

libby HB User
KTA....where are you today? Still hanging in there?

Old 06-13-2003, 10:38 PM   #6

kta21 HB User
Hey libby, I am here girl, I went off my diet for this weekend, but I am trying not to get too crazy.

Old 06-14-2003, 04:03 AM   #7

libby HB User
Kta...thanks for your response. It's easy to totally blow it when we let up for a few days. But with some discipline you can do it!

Have a great weekend.

Old 06-16-2003, 08:41 AM   #8

Laxhoty216 HB User
Hi everyone, I want to try this low carb diet but I am not sure what foods don't have that many carbs that are ok to eat. Eggs,cheesem,Tuna, meats... anything eles that I can have? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif
Thanks

Old 06-16-2003, 11:54 AM   #9

heres1-4u HB User
Hi all. Today is my first day on the Atkins plan. I have been doing pretty good so far. I got up at 6 am today and walked 2.7 miles. I plan to do that every morning, but hope to add the extra .3 to make it an even 3 miles. I have at least 60 pounds to lose, and this board has kept me motivated!! I have even found a walking "buddy". My sister lives 8 blocks away, and we meet in the middle and take our walk from there. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif After my walk this morning, I have felt so full of energy!! I will keep you all posted, and again, I am very glad to have all of you as my support system!!!!!

Old 06-16-2003, 12:09 PM   #10

libby HB User
Lax and Heres1.... Congratulations! Both of you sound well on the way!

Lax, There is really a lot you can eat. I bought the book, and it has been so helpful. What you will need to be, is a lable reader. No sugar...low in carbs.
You may find it helpful to look at the Atkins web site.

Here1,...I remember when I started that I went into a real bad craving spell about the 3rd or 4th day in. BEWARE! Also, make sure you are getting all your water,,,,it is critical.

Both of you....Good luck...and keep us posted!

KTA....where are you? how was your weekend? Don't give up!

Old 06-16-2003, 05:07 PM   #11
(female)

skip_to_my_lou HB User
I'm coming up on 2 weeks here. Yes, I did fall off the wagon a bit this weekend because of my bachelorette party (nothing crazy or wild). When I got back on sunday from the trip, I went back to eating the atkin's way. I haven't deviated since. Unless my eyes and my parent's scale deceive me, I have lost 2 lbs. It may not be a lot, but I'm sure happy. My mom noticed that things are not fitting me up top in the chest area very well.

Laxhoty,
The atkin's book is a great book to get. I got it the other day,and started reading it. You can also go to the website which have good articles to help you through each phase. There's also an atkin's cook book that you buy for good recipes. I have that in my possession now which will make cooking even easier.

Heres1-4u,
Goodluck to you. It will be difficult at first, but don't give up. I'm glad you found a walking buddy. That really helps to have someone to exercise with.

Old 06-16-2003, 07:43 PM   #12

heres1-4u HB User
Thanks for the extra words of encouragement. My neighbor just gave me her old 10 speed bike tonight. And I went out and got a child seat that I already have on the back of the bike!!! My sister has a bike, also, with a child seat, so I think we are going to alternate days. One day walk, and the next, ride. Should be interesting!!!!! LOL I did really good today. I do have to say, that I am exhausted, tho!!! Getting up at 5:30 am, to meet my sis at 6, has really taken it's toll on me today. But I am sure that once I keep doing it for a while, it will get easier. I do have one question, how long does it usually take to start to see the pounds come off?? Thanks all!!!!!

Old 06-16-2003, 09:52 PM   #13

libby HB User
heres1....if you are doing atkins induction...staying within the 20 carb limit, you should see results in a matter of a few days. i don't know what you weigh now, but you should see some loss in the first week regardless. Keep at it, girl.

Old 06-17-2003, 02:44 AM   #14

agapelove HB User
Question

tasia013,
i have also been trying jenny craig but hasn't quite worked yet for me, so i'm trying to research some other way to loose the weight i need, how is the atkins for everyone?

Old 06-17-2003, 10:36 AM   #15

Red2003 HB User
Hi everyone,

Has anyone stayed on the induction plan for more than the initial two weeks? If so, how does your weight loss compare now to the first two weeks?

I am now on my third week of induction and I hope to stay below 20 grams for a total of six to eight weeks before I move into OWL. On my 14th day, I had lost a total of 12.5lbs.!! I'm now curious to know how much I can expect to lose from here forward if I stay within the induction guidelines. I know it won't be six pounds a week but I'm at least hoping for three.

Closed Thread