It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Zantrex Side Effects

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2003, 12:30 PM   #1
heather6869
(female)

heather6869 HB User
Red face Zantrex Side Effects

Hi, I just starting taking Zantrex and I had some really bad side effects and was wondering if anyone else has had any? I took one my first day and just felt really wired but then I noticed that when it started to wear off I got really moody and depressed. The second day I took two and had engery but then the same thing-I became really depressed and anxious and just felt like I was not all there. I have not taken them since and Im scared to start again. Any advise?
117 CW
115 GW

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2003, 12:44 PM   #2
southern_mom33
Veteran

southern_mom33 HB User
Question

I haven't had any side effects...But I was told that could happen if I didnt take a multi vitamin....Maybe that could of happened to you...Or maybe your not on the right one....

I hope this might of helped you some...
Dee

Old 07-16-2003, 01:45 PM   #3
iamlotus

iamlotus HB User
Exclamation

I started taking it a few days ago and at first had no side effects, not even increased energy really. THen i accidentally took it WITH my food and made my stomach absolutely horrible. I was sick for like an hour, i couldn't hold the food down or anything. After that happened i lowered my dosage down to 1 pill 20 mins before i eat, and boy do i drink a LOT of water. I've done that twice today and have had no problems whatsoever. I do notice that i get a little jittery if i don't eat after i take it though. Does anyone else know what i'm talking about - being sick i mean?

Old 07-17-2003, 05:38 AM   #4
Blue2U

Blue2U HB User
you really have to watch your dosage and listen to your body. I've been taking these for a little over 3 weeks now. The first week I only took one pill before breakfast. The second week I upped it to 1 before breakfast and 1 before lunch. I have not been able to take 2 at once and if I take the two doses closer than 6 hours together, I get really strange effects.

Listen to your body, start out slow until you body gets used to them, you HAVE to eat when you take them and a multi vitamin is a must !!!

Also - I did not lose any weight for the first three weeks while taking them ....so don't get discouraged if it takes this long to see any results.

Old 07-17-2003, 08:30 AM   #5
iamlotus

iamlotus HB User
jlaffey - do you what i'm talking about with the stomach problems though? I'm wondering if that's a normal thing or what. And I am definitely taking a multivitamin too.

NOw i'm letting my body get used to them. I actually took 3 total yesterday and didn't experience any side effects! yay!

Old 07-17-2003, 08:33 AM   #6
Blue2U

Blue2U HB User
I have not had the stomache trouble but several people on here have. If you do a search through this thread for zantrex it will pull all the old posts and you can read up on them.

I think it has to do with your dosage. You need to start these slow and work up ....if you take the recommended dose before allowing your body to get used to them ...you will get sick. Most people did.

As I said ...everyone's differant ...but 3 weeks later, I still can not take 2 at once ....heck, I can't even take more than 2 per day ...and that's at 6hrs a part !!!

Old 07-17-2003, 01:02 PM   #7
iamlotus

iamlotus HB User
You must be right. I started out taking the full recomended dosage and that just killed me. But yesterday and today i have been taking 1 pill at least 15 mins before food, with lots of water, and i have been just great! I'm really excited!

Thanks so much for your help!

Old 07-17-2003, 06:49 PM   #8
crazyabout blue
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

I had some fun bowel movements the next morning...

I havent lost weight with those pills.. it doesnt even give me any energy at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-17-2003, 10:15 PM   #9
jennfer

jennfer HB User
Hi,
I've been on the pills for 2 1/2 weeks now and the 1st week I only took 1 before lunch and 1 before dinner. I felt great then. The 2nd week I started taking two before lunch and 2 before dinner. I was absolutely fine until about day 11. I began to get very nauseated every afternoon. I am not sure if it was because of the Zantrex or something else because I stopped taking them 2 days ago to try to figure it out. I was still pretty nauseaus yesterday but started feeling better today. I will start them again tomorrow and see what happens. I have only lost 4 pounds so far, but I am not on a vitamin either. I need to pick some up. What kinds of vitamins are you all taking? And how much weight have you lost since starting them?

Old 07-18-2003, 07:27 AM   #10
Blue2U

Blue2U HB User
Ummmmmmm.....let's see. Of course you're getting sick. These pills are VERY potent. Have you read all the posts on this board regarding Zantrex? You have to go SLOW. I have been taking these pills for almost 4 weeks now and CAN NOT take two pills at once. As a matter of fact, I can only take 2 in one day ....1 for breakfast and another 6 hours later ...if I take them any closer I get sick and strange feeling.

Any diet pill, Zantrex included is not a "quick fix" or miracle pill. You still need a sensible diet ...these work with food, so if you're not eating, you're going to get sick to your stomache, etc. Now, you don't get to eat everything in sight, you need to eat sensible and healthy.

As far as "I've taken them for 11 days ...." ....for some people, myself included ....they have to be in your system before they begin to work. It took me 3 weeks of taking 2 per day to finally begin to lose weight.

You need to listen to your body, if you're getting sick, lower your dose, obviously, it's not healthy if it's making you sick.

Old 07-18-2003, 07:29 AM   #11
Blue2U

Blue2U HB User
Oh and also ......lots and lots of water !! I drink about 80 -128 oz of water per day !!! There are times when I still feel a little wierd when taking these, but alot of water makes the feelings go away.

Old 07-18-2003, 12:17 PM   #12
Christyus

Christyus HB User
Cool

I have been taking Zantrex 3 for a few months and have lost alot of weight. First of all when you buy stuff like this you should get a whole run down from the place you buy it. If they don't know then don't buy it unless you have facts. Do total research before taking. You should start off with half a pill 15-30 before a meal and do it again for another meal that way you have only consumed 1 pill. Do that for a couple of days to see how your reaction is. You may think it's not going to work but it does but keep in mind your body has to test it as well. That's the info that was given to me when I bought it at the GNC and he was going to pharmasudical school.
But it is very affective. And then again if the people who took it alittle at a time and it still gave bad reactions then there may be something that it contains something you didn't know you were allergic to.
I live on a military base and know alot of woman who take it and have never heard of those kind of reactions.

Old 07-18-2003, 12:37 PM   #13
notorious b
(female)

notorious b HB User
Ok, well I just wanted to say, that I have been taking it slow and started around 7/2. I wanted everyone to know that I finally had my first bad reaction today!

Took 2 before lunch and then about 30 minutes later, my face, ELBOWS, and back of my arms turned BRIGHT RED. it was all extremely puzzling especially since i've been taking them for about 2 weeks now!

Old 07-18-2003, 01:27 PM   #14
Blue2U

Blue2U HB User
Notorious....

If you call the 800# they will tell you it's a reaction to the niacin in the zantrex ...and yes, it can happen weeks after beginning them.

It's you bodies way of telling you .....lower your dose ...you do not need nor can you take 2 pills at once.

As far as breaking them in half ...gross !! ...I read your post about that earlier, all the powdery ingrediants falls out, no way I'm swallowing them like that.

Old 07-18-2003, 10:23 PM   #15
jennfer

jennfer HB User
Don't you all think its a little sad that we have to figure all this out by trial and error and getting advice from each other? How many people are out there that don't know of this board and have stopped taking these pills because of the way they made them feel? You'd think that the company who made them would be giving a lot more info on them and how to work yourself into them.

Closed Thread