It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2003, 08:33 AM   #1
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Post 3-day diet substitutions?

Hope someone has some suggestions for me. I'm planning to do the 3-day diet just to help kick-start myself now that I'm finally getting back into losing weight after 2 weeks off.

Anyway... I need substitutions for the coffee/tea (I can't stand either one), the grapefruit/grapefruit juice (can't have either because I'm on Lipitor) and also the cottage cheese (yuck!).

Should I just have a diet Coke instead of coffee or tea? And should I substitute a different citrus fruit for the grapefruit, like an orange or maybe 1 cup of pineapple? I have no idea what to substitute for the cottage cheese.

I'm sure it's really not so important that it's going to make or break the diet, but thought I'd ask for your input anyway. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Houdini (edited 08-05-2003).]

Old 08-05-2003, 08:40 AM   #2

iamlotus~too! HB User
Hey Houdini - I tried that diet and almost got through day two of it, but I was too starving to make it. I looked up most of the ingredients on a Calorie chart and found that the coffee/tea has abolsolutely no caloric value at all. Zero carbs, protien, cals, everything. So basically it's just there if you want it. I didn't make it through the whole 3 days, but I didn't ever drink the coffee or tea and it didn't matter. So just drink water instead.

Also, if I had to recommend ANYTHING to you it would be to take some supplments while your on this. I think I could have done it if I would have suppressed my appetite more. The hardest thing was once I was hungry, it was just too hard to follow. SO if you can keep your appetite down you'll be okay.

Please keep me updated, I hope you have the willpower I didn't have!

Good Luck!

~LOTUS~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2003, 08:48 AM   #3
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Thanks for the luck, Lotus - I'll let you know how it goes! I did do this diet one other time (a few months ago), and made it through the 3 days. I had cravings, but wasn't actually hungry. It was a great kick start for me when I needed it, that's why I want to do it again. I already take supplements, so I'm not too worried about it - besides, it's only 3 days... I'm only gonna do it once, then I'm back to counting calories. Sooner or later, I'm gonna get rid of these last few pounds!

Old 08-05-2003, 11:55 AM   #4

Blue2U HB User
I looked this diet up on line. Am I reading the dinner's correclty? Vanilla Ice cream?

It seems like so much food for dinner, doesn't it? Am I looking at the right one?

Old 08-05-2003, 12:11 PM   #5
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Sounds like you found the right one. It's not necessarily the best plan, but it did work for me once before when I needed a kick start. And it's only for 3 days, so even if there's something missing from this diet, it's not like it's long-term. As for the big dinner, last time I did this I split it into an afternoon snack & dinner. That way I'm getting 4 meals instead of 3.

Old 08-05-2003, 03:37 PM   #6
Veteran

XXDixieXX HB User
Smile

Hi Houdini,

So your gonna do the 3 day. I wish you luck on it. I do the 3 day from time to time and love it. I lose at least 4 pounds in those 3 days. Yes to can sub not it is best to try not to. I had posted here **** some time ago about the 3 day diet and what you can sub and not. If you'd like I could try and find it???? You don't need to drink tea or coffee and for the grape fruit hmmmmm not to sure about that maybe skip it. For the sub of cottage cheese take your pick tuna, bake fish or chicken breast...I sub the tuna with bake fish all the time and I still alway lose the weight.

Good Luck and let me know if there is any other questions or if you'd like to see some of our results we had on here about a year ago....

Love,
Dix http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 08-05-2003, 07:41 PM   #7
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Thanks a bunch, Dixie! I've decided to go with the diet soda instead of coffee (gives me a change from water), and pineapple instead of grapefruit - didn't want to go with the meats because although I love meats, I get grossed out if I have too much of them. And I'm going to make myself eat the cottage cheese - after all, it's only one serving at one meal, it's not like I have to eat it every day of the diet. Besides, it could be worse - the diet could call for mushrooms or liver. Yuck and yuck!

Anyway, thanks for the advice!

Old 08-05-2003, 08:22 PM   #8
Veteran

XXDixieXX HB User
Houdini also you could some splenda in your cottage cheese with alittle vanilla extract. It's better that way. LOL If you call it better.

Love,
Dix http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Closed Thread