It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2003, 03:09 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post Thanksgiving Challenge 7!

this is the thanksgiving weight loss challenge from 9-1- 11-30 to se how weight we can lose. all are welcome to join in!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 03:10 PM   #2
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
lol dp!

snoopy: im glad dd had a good 1st day

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 03:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
is everyone rushing in here.....to be 1st!!

Old 09-03-2003, 03:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
you know AP after you getting us this morning about the newbies...i couldnt let it happen again!! LOL!!

Old 09-03-2003, 03:20 PM   #5
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Well, I am off to get hair cut, then pilates, then choir practice. Not feeling very well, but I'll get it all done. Now every time I feel sick I can't help but wonder if I am pg! This is going to be a long month!

Old 09-03-2003, 03:55 PM   #6
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
lmao snoopy!

Old 09-03-2003, 03:56 PM   #7
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
rofl snoopy!!

Old 09-03-2003, 03:57 PM   #8
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
sick again?? sure sounds like pg!

Old 09-03-2003, 04:05 PM   #9

CoolHandAmanda HB User
Hey guys, can I join?

I'm trying to lose about 20 pounds. My goal is 15 by Thanksgiving. Does that sound reasonable to you guys? I have been following the zone diet, but I keep cheating, so I'm leaving that one behind. Now I'm going to try the eat-what-I-want-but-in-moderation-and-only-when-I'm-hungry diet. We'll see how that works out!

Looking forward to getting to know you all a little! Have a great night everyone.

------------------
~ Amanda ~

Old 09-03-2003, 04:17 PM   #10
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
I can't leave you guys alone for one afternoon and you're posting 2 entire new threads!!!!!LOL No wonder I have trouble keeping up!!! Actually, I'm very grateful to have wonderful friends like you--this support is beyond comparison!!! (((HUGS TO ALL)))

Sue: You know, I got milk!!!!LOL But I didn't need it cause this mouth "got no cookies"!!! I was good and stayed away. I don't know how I did it--but glad I did!

Shel: I know what you mean about the weather! Got out the gym pants today; too cold for shorts. I think it's supposed to warm up though. Maybe that's why I felt the need to bake cookies today!

AP: have fun with baby Justin! Babies are so precious; it's a good think I've got the plumbing tied or I'd have too many to count by now!!!! LOL

Amanda: welcome to the board! I say do whatever plan works for you! All of us here have been through several; it takes time to perfect a way of eating that we can live with. Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Well, I'm off to take my girls to choir practice. I have some copies to run off for Sunday School so I figured I'll just stay at church and do it while they are singing. My older daughter has moved up to the "big kids choir" so they both practice at different times now--luckily they are back to back! I'll be back tomorrow morning--hopefully I can get caught up on all these postings!!!!!

Jen

Old 09-03-2003, 04:29 PM   #11
Inactive

JoJo1972 HB User
Wink

It's hot again here in Texas!!! We had a couple of cool days and now they are gone.

Have a good evening! I will be back...boogie, woogie, woogie!!!!!!!!!

JoJo http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-03-2003, 05:45 PM   #12

Darci HB User
Froggy- Thanks for sending rain from Texas! It looks like it will be here this coming weekend, by the weather guy's prediction.

Welcome Amanda, and any other newbies out there!
Take care, d

Old 09-03-2003, 06:58 PM   #13
Inactive

Houdini HB User
I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!

OMG you guys, my head is spinning from trying to catch up on all the posts & threads! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif You're all outta control!!!

Vacation was... ummmm... good, after awhile. It started off TERRIBLE. Left Friday morning (Aug 22). For those who may not know, DH & I were taking our motorcycle. Wanted to try to ride 1,000 miles within the 1st 24 hours. At 11:30 PM that night, we'd gone 740 and both of us were still ready to go further, but the bike crapped out between Cincinatti & Columbus, OH. Burned up some wiring that the dealer had just fixed a few weeks ago & said it wouldn't be a problem again. Found out the hard way that AAA doesn't cover motorcycles. So we got towed to the nearest hotel & decided to come up with a plan in the morning.

Saturday morning, called the same tow truck driver & had him take us to the nearest dealer, 35 miles away in Columbus. Dealer was super friendly, fixed the burned wires in no time (for free!) & we were back on the road. Went thru Kentucky, and got to our friend Brent's house near Nash*****, TN & spent the night.

Sunday, Brent wanted to take us out on a lake in a borrowed boat. Picked up the boat from the marina, drove it about 2 miles to another dock to pick up his wife & son, and it broke down. Fuel pump went. Spent 1 1/2 hours in the hot sun waiting for Brent to admit that we coulnd't fix it & needed to call for help. I'm a redhead, so thank goodness for my hat & sunscreen!

Left the Nash***** area Monday morning. Got just south of Knox*****, and yup, the bike broke down again. Same problem. Nearest dealer is in Ashe*****, NC but the tow truck driver needed $600 to get it there. So instead, we had him take us to the nearest U-Haul dealer. Put the bike & our trailer into a U-Haul & went on our way. Had to wait til the next morning for the dealer in Ashe***** to look at it (we got there late at night). Can't say enough good about his mechanic. He knew right away what was causing the problems with the wiring - the suspension was adjusted so low that when DH & I got on the bike, our combined weight pushed the wires so they were getting caught between the rear wheel & fender - the wheel was rubbing them bare & shorting out the whole electrical system. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif No one else seemed to be able to figure this out.

So after spending $750 on towing, U-Hauls, & motels that we wouldn't have needed, the rest of the trip was great. But I've gotta say, I don't know how you people in TN, NC & VA can deal with that head & humidity - OMG, is it always as bad as it was there last week, or were you just having a temporary bad spell? Didn't cool off until we crossed into PA!

Anyway, I'm sorry this is getting so long, but I had to get all that off my chest! And I'm sorry I can't address everyone individually right now, but this is already wicked long and I'm exhausted. To those who had birthdays or anniversaries while I was gone - hope they were wonderful! To those who are or may be prego - best of luck to you!!! To those who haven't been feeling well - sending hugs to make you feel better! To those who lost any weight on the summer challenge - congratulations, well done! To those who didn't - don't worry, you'll do better on this challenge, ok?!!

I do have to say a special hi to one person... AP, I missed ya girl! Sorry you're having trouble with the braces, but hopefully Justin will put all that out of your mind for awhile! Enjoy your time with him, sweetie! ((((((AP)))))) http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Hi to all my weight loss buddies, both the regulars and the newbies! It's great to be back! I'm not gonna start dieting again until next week (too stressed to think about it right now), but I'll be posting regularly now that I'm back. Good luck on the T-day challenge, everyone!!!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 09-03-2003, 07:01 PM   #14
Inactive

Houdini HB User
OK, why did the names of those cities get ****'s substituted for some letters? I wasn't swearing, I swear! It took out the V I L L E from all the cities... http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 09-03-2003, 07:05 PM   #15
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Geez, as if I haven't said enough already... I just keep thinking of more!

Some of you may remember that I mentioned we were going to adopt another rescue dog after our vacation. Well, we got her yesterday, and she's fitting in wonderfully!

Her name is Gem, and she's an English Mastiff, about 110-120 lbs but needs to put on about 20-25 to look healthy. Wish I could post her picture! Gem is so beautiful. Sadly, she was abused by her former owner & kept in a garage & not socialized with dogs or people. But she's getting along great with our other dogs - 2 more English Mastiffs, a Tibetan Mastiff and an American Bulldog. And our cats, too! Wow, what a houseful we've got now!!!
Time for a bigger house!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Closed Thread