It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 09:45 PM   #1

Linz2244 HB User
Unhappy I could really use some advice...

Hey you guys! Well, I really need advice on getting started and staying with my weight loss plan. I am going to be 20 years old in a couple months and I really want to have lost about 30 pounds.(By dec. 12) My problem is that I live at home with my mother and my brother and I am a very private person and HATE to workout when anyones here. And there is always someone here. MY brother is the worst to me. He says so many rude and degrading things to me about my weight. I need advice on how to get past not wanting to exercise when he is home.
Thanks!
I would also like to know if taking one-a-day weight smart and one-a-say womens together if that is too much.

[This message has been edited by Linz2244 (edited 09-07-2003).]

Old 09-07-2003, 06:07 AM   #2
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
how about working out outside of the home? if you cant afford to join a gym or anything, go walk or jog. of course he'll see you coming and going, but there has to be a point that you put yourself ahead of whatever he might think and/or say. if you really want to do this, you are doing it for YOU...dont worry about him. besides, if you lose the weight, he cant say anything about it anymore!

Go for it! show him up!!! I challenge you!

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 09:24 AM   #3
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Linz: If I had a bro like that; it would just add fuel to my fire! Like DP said--I'd do it just to show him! Walking is a great idea--it's actually my main choice of exercises along with strength training! Don't ever let anyones opinion of you (or comments) keep you from reaching your goals! I know that you are strong enough to take them "with a grain of salt" and continue on your way to a healthier you. It's how you feel about yourself that is most inportant and don't let anyone else influence that! You are a special person no matter what size you are--never forget that!!!! No where have I seen a rule that says "smaller people are better people"--have you??? Best luck to you!

Jen

Old 09-07-2003, 09:41 AM   #4

grubb26 HB User
Don't let your brother bother you. Let him motivate you....!!! I am a thin person, although I have battled with my weight all my life. I now live a healthy lifestyle and excercise regularly...When I go to the gym to work out-I see heavier people there trying to lose weight...Do I think they should be embarrassed that they are heavier than some of the other people at the gym??? No-way!!! I am happy to see them there..At least they are trying and sticking to it...I have seen many people who show up heavy and within a couple of months they are thin and looking good...I love to see heavier folks working out...It shows that they care about thier health and thier looks...It's great...If your bro gives you a hard time, it's because he has insecurities of his own, and he needs to make you feel bad so that he can feel better about his problems...If he gives you a hard time-ignore him...Lose weight and become healthy for yourself...Let him see you coming and going on your walks...Whats he gonna say???That you are stupid for working out?? I think not...He may try to be mean about it, but, it will only be because he is jealous that you are motivated, and in control of your life...You can do it...I feel great about anyone who works out and takes control of thier lives and bodies...Make his comments become your motivation...Don't be embarrassed...You have to start somewhere...Good luck- I am sure you will be just fine...Eat right-stay active and your body will have no choice but to lose the extra lbs....

Old 09-07-2003, 12:52 PM   #5
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
as usual, i see that 2 of my best "cheerleaders" are jumpin right in here!

Closed Thread