It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 06:20 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post Thanksgiving Challenge 15!

this is the thanksgiving weight loss challenge from 9-1- 11-30 to se how weight we can lose. all are welcome to join in!

Old 09-06-2003, 06:42 PM   #2
Inactive

JoJo1972 HB User
Wink

I'm first!!!

JoJo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 07:06 PM   #3

angelmagic HB User
I'm second!! I got some CLA today and I'm going to start it on monday, wish me luck, I'll keep you guys posted!! Chow for now!

Old 09-06-2003, 07:08 PM   #4

CoolHandAmanda HB User
Hey everyone!

Arghh, I'm feeling really frustrated. I really want to lose the weight, but I just don't have the motivation to quit eating junk. I don't get why I can't make those two things relate in my head! Also, it doesn't help that my roommate is skinny as heck, and actually has the ability to skip a meal or just forget to eat! Or the fact that she's constantly joking about what a big butt I have, as if that wouldn't be a sensitive topic -- she knows I'm trying to lose weight. (I love her, but she unintentionally makes me feel awful about myself sometimes!) I just feel so alone with this right now and like there's nothing that's going to be able to make me get a grip.

Sorry to vent... it actually feels a little bit better having typed that though. Maybe I'm just feeling down because it's a Saturday night and I'm sitting here doing homework. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/yawn.gif

Old 09-06-2003, 08:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
hey amanda... thats what we are here for!! take care!!

Old 09-06-2003, 08:52 PM   #6
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hi guys!

amanda: snopy is right! neva b sorry 4 ventin. sorry yre havin a rough nite

((((((snoopy))))) wassup?

lmao ((((((jojo))))))))))

angel:gl wh the cla!

Old 09-06-2003, 11:54 PM   #7
Inactive

stabmaster HB User
i just set a new goal for Turkey day! 172 pounds and 10%BF and it's a lofty goal! that will be a total of 100 pounds lost within the last year. i should be on pace for it if my body doesn't reject the idea of 10%BF!

amanda: i've learned that being open about diet, nutrition, and your body is more important than anything else for weight loss. always look out for number 1, and try not to step in number 2! Ever since I started looking really fit and healthy (skin, hair, everything)-- everyone around me started eating better and excercising more. my family, roommates, and even more distant friends all started catching the bug from me. it's truely amazing. P.S. i gained the pounds by sitting around doing HW for 4 years-- it's really tough, but i regret not eating better because your brain works better off of a healthy diet (trust me!).

Old 09-07-2003, 05:48 AM   #8
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
Morning all!

stab - that was pretty funny! look out for number 1 and dont step in number 2. cracked me up! Good for you for making a better you!!!! Biiig congrats on that!!

Amanda - hang in there! we're here for you! vent any time!!!!

well, the weekend has been so far so good. having lost or gained an ounce in a few weeks now....but im ok with that. thats my body. i'll lose big...then hang there for about a month. it was VERY frustrating at first, but now im pretty much used to it, so im ok with it its good to get to know your body!!!

have a great day everyone! we're going out to bfast this morning! yum! yay egg beaters and ham!

[This message has been edited by Dietprincess (edited 09-07-2003).]

Old 09-07-2003, 05:49 AM   #9
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Morning guys! Off to church shortly but wanted to check in first!

Yesterday we decided to go to Hershey Park since it was a beautiful day. It was lots of fun. That's why I didn't check in yesterday--I was riding the coasters!!!LOL

I'ts only been a few days since I started the calorie counting/lo-fat/low carb thing and I've already lost some! I started at 146 and now I'm down to 144. it could be water weight--who knows. Now, I'm going to try to stay off that darn scale until next Saturday. I'll hafta hide the battery again!

Anyway, considering I ate away from home yesterday--I didn't do too bad. I had my protein shake before i left for breakfast. Hubby insisted on sharing a sandwich for lunch. So, I had half a breaded chicken sandwich with a handful of ff. Then, we stopped at Wendy's on the way home and I had a chicken blt salad. With all the walking I did yesterday; I surely burned alot of calories. I even took a 30 minute walk outside before we went!

Not to sure about todays menu. Had my shake for breakfast and am planning a salad with tuna for lunch. Dinner will probably be pork chops on the grill with baked potatoes and a veggie. I may skip the potatoe and go with another salad.

Well, hate to run but don't want to be late for Sunday School--especially since I'm teaching! Chat with you again later!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!!

Jen

Old 09-07-2003, 08:03 AM   #10
Inactive

JoJo1972 HB User
Good morning my lil Sunshines! How is everyone? I feel great today! I don't know what I'm gonna do today. I know I am going to bake a cake. My 9 year old son wants one really bad. Well, I am starting the Mayo diet tomorrow, so I think I will eat what I want today. Bring on the taters!!!! LOL! Have a great day everyone!

(((everyone)))
Where is everyone at? Roni? Houdini? AP? Where in the world did Dixie disappear to?

JoJo

Old 09-07-2003, 09:12 AM   #11
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hi stab!

youre absolutely right! you can do it!

Old 09-07-2003, 09:15 AM   #12
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
dp!!!!!!!!!! hey!!!!! what about me?! j/k breakfast was yummy im sure cuz thats my usual, but the worlds best bagel snuck up on me so i had 2 have it. tgomorrow im bk into full swing. all in all, i did really well i think. i did fine thur&fri& not too bad@ the wedding yesterday. im gonna exercise tonight.((((((dp)))))))

Old 09-07-2003, 09:16 AM   #13
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hi jenn!!!!! havin fun? good 4 u hon! congrats on the loss!(((((jenn)))))))

Old 09-07-2003, 09:17 AM   #14
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Hi AP! Looks like we're the only ones here right now! I'm just munching on lunch--the other half of my salad from Wendy's! I'm trying to get dinner started too--I'm making these cheesey potatoes for the rest of the family. We're also having marinated boneless pork chops and fresh green beans! Yummy!!! I'll skip the tater and go for extra veggies!

It's such a beautiful day outside today. I was already out digging out potatoes and now I have beans to pick! My house is a mess but its just too nice to be inside! I have to take my walk yet but decided to wait until evening. I thought about going for groceries--too nice for that too! I'll do it in the morning!

Well, must finish lunch and hang out some laundry! BBL!

Jen

Old 09-07-2003, 09:18 AM   #15
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hi jojo!!!!!!!!!(((((((jojo))))))) im right behind ya sweetness! even though today was unplanned as a non diet day(even thoughi take sun nights off) i am eating what i want today b/c i already cheated@ breakfast& im still takin dinner off.

Closed Thread