It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2003, 08:05 AM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post Thanksgiving Challenge 18!

this is the thanksgiving weight loss challenge from 9-1- 11-30 to se how weight we can lose. all are welcome to join in!

Old 09-08-2003, 08:06 AM   #2
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
cheer up sue!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 08:07 AM   #3
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
good mornin all!

looks like we ll enjoyed our weekend lets have a greet week ok?

i think whirl is to back tomm. yay!!!

Old 09-08-2003, 08:09 AM   #4
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Sorry about your bf, Sue - hope he gets smart & starts listening to you real soon!

(((((Sue)))))

Old 09-08-2003, 08:10 AM   #5
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Hey, lookit that - I guess I was first! (After AP, of course!!!) LOL

Old 09-08-2003, 08:12 AM   #6
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
lol houdini: yeah you were first

btw: dp bday is mon

Old 09-08-2003, 08:16 AM   #7
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by andreaphilip3:
btw: dp bday is mon
And does that mean that your bday is next Thurs? Am I right?

Old 09-08-2003, 08:39 AM   #8
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
hi everyone!

ap, actually its tuesday

i think whirl said we'd see her on here on 9/11. (the date stuck with me ....

im sooooooooooooo tired today. i was awake alllllllll night. i was actually on here at 330 am, but couldnt post for some reason. ug. im taking my son to school and taking a nappy!

Old 09-08-2003, 08:59 AM   #9
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
Hubby has been trying to get 'cut' for this cruise, he's 6 ft tall and is usually around 175. This morning he got down to 169!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! I am happy for him, but hate the fact all he has to do is exercise and NOT watch what he eats that much.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:01 AM   #10
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
Hey DP Why couldn't you sleep girlie?? Go take a nappy nap

Old 09-08-2003, 09:08 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Thanks everyone but he wont listen to anyone. he is so stubborn. On well. no one can help him but himself. he is going to have a nice skinny girlfriend. hopefully anyway. 10 lbs to go.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:21 AM   #12
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Good morning everyone. I have some feelings to share about my current weight...

I am now under 125. Original goal was 130, but I found that I still wasn't happy there.

Now at about 124, I find little satisfaction in the knowledge that I have lost over 30 pounds. Everytime I eat something, I worry about whether it will prevent me from loosing more or will make me gain... This weekend I was bad and ate lots of yummy but unhealthy treats. I worry that 5 pounds will show up a few days from now.

I guess my point is: when do we stop? Obviously, I didn't stop at my goal weight. When will I stop feeling too fat? When will I be satisfied and at peace with my body- enough to enjoy eating again? Enough to forgive myself for screwing up? And is it screwing up when I indulge on the weekends?

Sorry about the deep post- I am just trying to find out where I am right now with this whole thing. Maybe I am feeling lost because I don't have a goal... but I do! TO keep it off and to run in a 5K (and not finish last!).

Thanks for listening.

Sorry I didn't address any of you individually- too wrapped up in myself, I guess. That's pretty selfsish of me, and I am sorry.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:31 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
froggie...you never have to worry about things like that! we are all here for you!! I often wondered how i would feel if i actually ever got to my goal..i have been overweight to some degree pretty much all my life and always in the back of my mind there is this voice nagging at me that i am not where i should be...be what if it couldnt say that anymore...I dont know...maybe it would be a little like christmas let down..you anticipate it for so long then it comes...and then its over...i think it is always good to have some goals no matter of what kind..it pushes us forward every day...for you now it is running and that is great...focus on that. try to be at peace with your weight..you wanted this for so long and now you are here!! be happy!! YOU DID IT!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-08-2003, 09:58 AM   #14
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
Froggie,

It seems pretty close to an eating disorder doesn't it? How we all obsess with food. Even after losing 30 lbs the joyness of it wore off pretty quick and I started feeling just as fat as I did with the 30 lbs on me. I look at myself and I don't see where the weight come off, but I can see where all the fat is. Sometimes I just look at myself and cry, sometimes after I eat I go and throw up just so I don't have that 'full fat' feeling. It's sickening, I'm sick of thinking about it ALL the time. I am so sick of eating out with friends only to gain 3 lbs the next day or the day after. So it is discouraging to hear you are under your orginal goal and still not satisfied. Where does it end? That's a good question. Anyone have an answer??

Sorry I didn't have any answers for you. But your post just really got me thinking how depressing all this really is.

You should be able to feel proud and happy to be where you're at....but I totally understand the feelings you have.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Old 09-08-2003, 10:11 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Hi Froggie, you should be very proud of the weight that you lost. I think thats its a shame we have to feel guilty for having a piece of pie once in awhile.
Life is so short and here we are all worrying about some extra weight. I do the same thing. But then I have what I want and figure there is tomorrow to do better. Dont be so hard on yourself. you have gone further with your weight then you plan to. you have arrived at your goal. now you just have to maintain it.
doesnt mean you cant enjoy life. just dont eat as big a piece of the pie as you would have.
congrats on reaching your goal. we are all very proud of you.
Yeah Froggie ! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Closed Thread