It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2003, 04:12 PM   #1
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
Question induction on Atkins type diet

Hello,
I am doing a sort of low carb/low cal/low fat/high protien type of Atkins diet..I lost aprox 8 lbs so far (2.5 weeks?) and for the past few day I look and no results. I eat around 800-1000 calories a day. I count them very closely on fit day. I also excercise and drink alot of water. I have eaten alot more meat then I am used to since switching to this type of diet. I was wondering..I read on a site thay it takes a week for steak to actually get of your sytem after digestion?? any truth to this? I have been eating alot of red meat and wonder if this may be the probelem? Should I alternate more with chicken or something else? I have been good about not cheating so Im kinda wondering if I might have like lbs and lbs of meat stuck in my system..lol?? Please help??
thanks Amber

Old 09-08-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
It takes about four hours for the stomach to fully digest a meal and pass it along to the small intestine. Food passes through the small intestine in just four hours, zipping along at more than a half an inch per second. Inside the large intestine, it takes about eight to fifteen hours, traveling at a more leisurely rate.

Some foods will travel just a bit faster.

No steak is sitting in your intestines for a week.

Good luck on your diet. Try not to get discouraged if you don't lose anything any given week. You're going to have to eat less for the rest of your life to maintain any weight loss and as long as you're not gaining, you're doing great. Us woman sometimes go through spirts at certain times of the month when we don't lose much. I gain exactly 2 pounds, a week before my period, every single month.

The longer you keep track on ******, the clearer the picture will become. Sounds like you're doing just fine. 8 lbs in 2.5 weeks is fantastic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 06:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
On an Atkins-oriented website, many times I have seen the recommendation to up the amount of fat for people in your situation. Presumably fat is an essential part of the plan for revving up the body to burn fat.

Old 09-09-2003, 12:36 PM   #4
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
Thanks ladies..I was kinda worried about that..lol

Closed Thread