HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Weight Loss (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/weight-loss/)
-   -   CLA: liquid or pill, is one better? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/weight-loss/113974-cla-liquid-pill-one-better.html)

Houdini 09-10-2003 07:12 AM

CLA: liquid or pill, is one better?

My sister just started taking CLA because of what I've read on this board & what she's read elsewhere, and now I'm thinking about giving it a try. I was going to wait to see what she thought of it, but what the heck - why wait? ;)

Anyway, I went to GNC yesterday. They had two types - one was a pill, one was a bottle of liquid. The pills were by the company Tonalin, which I know some of you have recommended. Can't remember the name of them, though. The bottle was grey colored, I think (does that sound like the right one?) but I didn't see any mention of sunflower or safflower oil. Some of you have mentioned that this brand uses safflower oil - did you call the company to find out, or was it mentioned on the bottle?

I didn't look closely at the liquid form. But do you think there would be any reason that one would be better than the other, assuming I get the same # of mg's per day, and both use safflower oil? I didn't know if there would be some added benefit to one or the other, pills or liquid.

Thanks for your help!
:D

suej1946 09-10-2003 08:18 AM

Hi Houdini, the ones I bought I got at rite aid but they carry GNC products. he has a guy with muscles on the front. Its 100 percent safflower oil in it. The pills are gelcaps and they are hugh. I have trouble swallowing them. Im hopeing that they work. I have a big stomach and have had a lot of surgery so I reaaly dont know if they will work on my as my muscles in my belly have been cut several times.
as long as its safflower oil its fine I think.
good luck.

girlygirly 09-10-2003 08:51 AM

Just so you know, the GNC liquid CLA has soy in it. I am only mentioning this because there are alot of people who can't have soy due to allergies or thyroid problems. There is another liquid Tonalin called THINFAT that I just ordered & received from on the internet.The only ingredients are CLA and lemon (I called the manufacturer to make sure). Also this one, you only have to take 1 spoon 1 time a day and has 30 servings. The GNC has only 23 servings and you need to take 4 tsps. 3 times a day.It sounds expensive.

As for which is better, it depends on what your needs are. Me, I can't swallow pills, so the liquid will work for me.

So Today is my first day. My fiance has been taking Tonalin for about 3 weeks and he has seen results, he feels he is getting more toned and is losing some inches on his waist.

[This message has been edited by girlygirly (edited 09-10-2003).]

jennielynn 09-10-2003 09:07 AM

sue: I must have purchased the same brand as you--GNC Pro Performance. It is derived 100% from safflower oil. I didn't know there was a liquid form!

Jen

roni624 09-10-2003 12:04 PM

thanks for the information about the liquid form containing soy. I will just stick to the pills.-Roni

melanie in mary 05-19-2004 07:02 AM

Re: CLA: liquid or pill, is one better?

hi. Try taking the cla with a teaspoon of applesauce in order to get them down. This helps me. :)

TonyTone 05-20-2004 01:43 AM

Re: CLA: liquid or pill, is one better?

I was thinking of taking CLA, but I dunno, I heard about side effects like diharea, and I don't think I would be too fond of that, especially if I was working. How many of you have experienced side effects? And whats the thing about safflower in the product? Does it give better results, or help take away a side effect or what? Whats it's purpose?

Also, when should you take it, and how often. I'm thinking of checking it out soon, I'll go to the GNC, does it cost a lot?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious, and haven't been following the CLA threads. (there are a lot)