It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 08:21 PM   #1

happy1court2002 HB User
Unhappy NEED HELP!!

I seem to have a problem with losing weight....I need a diet that I can stick to, but a diet such as Atkins won't help because I love carbs too much. And since I just recently turned 21 beer is a must with my friends on the weekends at times. Anyways I need something I can stick to with meals planned out where I won't get bored with something and stray....can someone please help????? Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 01:34 AM   #2
Inactive

stabmaster HB User
if you want to lose weight you have to make sacrafices. you can't choose whatever you want to eat and look for a diet that allows it (beer and pizza diet?)- you're only cheating yourself; however, you can in fact eat whatever you like just keep the calories below your expenditure.

the reason that restricting your diet to certain foods WORKS is because it's extremely difficult to eat few large non-nutritious meals a day; on the other hand, getting nutritious foods in your system that fill you up and nourish your body consistently throughout the day leaves you energized and fulfilled.

alcohol is empty calories, is unhealthy, and prevents certain nutrients from being absorbed as efficiently- keep it to a minimum. do all the bad stuff in moderation. you can lose weight with an 80% carb diet i gurentee it-- but you'll be fighting your feeling of hunger a little more often and it will be a bit more intense- the reason is due to your high insulin fluctuations. try to find carbs with low glycemic index, and eat fewer carbs that would cause your insulin levels to spike as this will eventually drain you of energy and you will be hungry- i know it sucks huh? If you pack fiber into your meals you will be full on fewer calories and the sugars will be absorbed more slowly.

just some things to think about. there are numerous reasons that eating "healthier" will make weight loss much easier. of course you can eat whatever you want and just do enough cardio to offset it-- but that is tough and makes your job harder than it needs to be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread