It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 08:04 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post Thanksgiving Challenge 29!

this is the thanksgiving weight loss challenge from 9-1- 11-30 to se how weight we can lose. all are welcome to join in!

Old 09-10-2003, 08:06 PM   #2
Inactive

roni624 HB User
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 08:07 PM   #3
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
lol!

Old 09-10-2003, 08:07 PM   #4
Inactive

roni624 HB User
Alright!!!! I am first. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-10-2003, 08:09 PM   #5
Inactive

roni624 HB User
AP...I had just posted to you on the other post when I saw this one.

I actually typed quickly in order to make it first. Never tried it before. -Roni

Old 09-10-2003, 08:16 PM   #6
Inactive

JoJo1972 HB User
Wink

Congratulations, Roni! It feels goooood, doesn't it??? I was gonna do the diet thing with Roy, so I did step 1 and then he didn't come back!

AP...I had a b/f one time named Steve.

Roni...My DH won't even hold my purse in our on carport. I was putting the baby in the car one day and I was like "hold this"...he said "no, and don't ever ask me to do that again"...LMAO!

Well, I am really going to bed now!

JoJo

Old 09-10-2003, 08:33 PM   #7
Inactive

roni624 HB User
That is funny JoJo! My DH is very afraid of feminine stuff but get this....he has to go into gay bars and buy drugs from these ppl. I thought he was going to die the very first time he did this. He called me after he got out...to vent. I could not stop laughing. He was picking up prostitues one night and he picked up a man dressed like a woman. He said he was ready to knock him out if he got too close to him. I do not know how he does it. He is always calling me to tell me everything that is going on at work.-Roni

Old 09-10-2003, 09:01 PM   #8

World's Finest HB User
Smile

You guys are so funny!!!! I wish I was married...*sigh*

Old 09-10-2003, 09:03 PM   #9

mandy32 HB User
Hi everyone....
Just wanted to start out by saying thanks to all the people who wished me luck on my test. I don't know how well I did but I have a feeling that it isn't good. But I have to consider that I haven't had to take a test for 14 yrs plus all the other distractions...even still if I did good that's great and if I didn't I will make it up with my other grades.
Anyway, I did good today on my "diet". I didn't over do it at all. I must admit that on the way home from class Long John Silver's was calling my name and it sounded so good. I believe it was something like "Mandy, I have been missing you. Come and have a crap load of fried fish, chicken, and fries. It will make you feel so much better". But, I was good and didn't stop. It was tempting though.
Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats to anyone that did good today and good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Mandy

Old 09-11-2003, 03:49 AM   #10
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
Morning everyone. I wrote this last night, 2 threads ago, and I just wanted to make sure everyone saw it b/c it really came from a special place in my heart (now that it is September 11th - not the eve anymore - I feel the need to share this even more:

On the eve of 9/11, I'm finding myself reflecting a bit and I'd just like to say how wonderful each and every one of you are. You have all become such an amazing support system, and such important ppl in my life. It amazes me every day that I have such a great group of friends....that I have never even seen! I am truley blessed for that. Thank you all, for posting every day, and keeping me smiling. Thank you, Andrea, for keeping us going every day. Love to all of you!

Old 09-11-2003, 03:57 AM   #11
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Good morning all! Well, atleast I hope it will be. I awoke at 3 am with this horrible stomach ache. Didn't last too long; but I think I'll take it easy with the food today just in case.

Don't have too much planned for today; except exercise! I'm trying to stay away from the tv today. With it being Patriot Day; the images of 9/11 will be on continuously--therefore, I will be crying most of the day! I'm such an emotional person--not sure how I'd handle a personal tragedy as so many people did that day. I'm saying an extra prayer today for all who perished, all who survived and their loved ones. It's the least I can do. I hope everyone takes time out today to thank God for the wonderful country that we live in and that we are all blessed to have special people in our lives!

AP: glad Dr. Steve was able to rescue you! A true hero--I must say!

Mandy: WTG on passing up Long John Silvers! I haven't been there in ages--probably because theres not one close by! But, when I go home to visit; I can't resist. Their chicken & hushpuppies are the best-----oh, I'm making myself hungry!!!LOL

Robbit: good luck on selling your house! I know it can be hard; but just be patient--it'll happen! I also know that's easier said than done!

Shel: I know you won't have time to read this but....WE MISS YOU ALREADY!!!!!! You are such a dear to do all those special things for your daughter. She probably won't even mind that you're gone---Heaven knows the grandparents will spoil her to death!!!!

Hate to rush but I must wake the kids for school. I'll check back in later this morning to see how everyone is doing! Don't forget to wear your RED, WHITE, & BLUE today! God bless America!!!

Jen

Old 09-11-2003, 03:59 AM   #12

CoolHandAmanda HB User
Well said, DP. I will certainly second that sentiment.

Today's gonna be a rough day with all the remembrance ceremonies and such... I am really gonna try so hard not to compensate with food. This seems like a good day to remember to be kind to ourselves, and to others.

Peace.

Old 09-11-2003, 05:11 AM   #13
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Oh, I hope I'm not too late to say goodbye to Shel... didn't have a chance to get on the computer last night. Shel, if you're reading this, I hope you have an awesome & safe trip, and don't spend too much time worrying about your dd. She'll love the gifts & kisses, and I'm sure her grandparents will all show her a great time. We'll miss you!!! (((((SHEL)))))

Roni: Glad to hear the new meds are making you feel better!

Lisa: Woohoo, glad you can finally post from work! Weíve been missing you!

DP: Your message on the 9/11 anniversary was very well said Ė I totally agree, itís such a blessing to have such a great group of friends here! (((((Everyone!)))))

Angelro: Welcome to the challenge! Good luck!

AP: Glad your appt went well, after you got switched to the other room! Thatís kind of funny, b/c our chiro has 2 rooms also. Whenever hubby & I get put in room 2, he always pretends that it freaks him out, so the receptionist gives in & switches us to room 1. Youíve gotta know my hubby, heís quite the comedian Ė but then again, so is our chiro & his staff. Hope youíre feeling better this morning!

JoJo: ROFLMAO at your statement about AP getting rubbed the right way!

Jen: This is definitely an emotional day for everyone. Hang in there, sweetie! ((((Jen)))) I didnít think about wearing red, white & blue until I got to work & read your message. But I guess Iím in those colors even though I didnít plan it Ė my hair is red, and Iím wearing a white shirt & blue jeans! LOL

I'm going to try to go for another walk at lunchtime today, unless I have to work thru lunch - looks like that could happen today. We'll see. Anyway, I hope you all have a safe and happy day. Give all your loved ones an extra hug!

((((((((((((((((Friends))))))))))))))))) )
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

[This message has been edited by Houdini (edited 09-11-2003).]

Old 09-11-2003, 05:25 AM   #14
Inactive

happyphantom321 HB User
Mornin' girls!
How's everyone doing this AM?
I woke up feeling blue, but I guess if there's anyday to just embrace feeling blue, this would be it. Just to echo DP's beautiful thought, I wanted to say that its so great to come to a place where there is warmth and pure kindness. I haven't been here for long, but I really appreciate all of you guys...your thoughts, your silliness, your support, and everything.
Ap-yes! I finally am not hungry! (for now...) I'm glad you got through your appt....and glad you have such a good "steve" (i've got a "steve" ex-husband and crabby boss!)
Roni-yikes! I hope your dh is a cop.
WTG resisting that LJS call. It's so easy to give in after a hard day, but you are one strong woman!
DP-thanks again for posting such a wonderful reflection.
Hey Jen....i'm the same way about the TV. I seeing if I can listen to the radio for a little bit, just so I know what's going on, but that tv will just not go on today. its too hard.
Hi Jojo, World's Finest, Amanda, Houdini, and have a great trip Shel!
BBL!

[This message has been edited by happyphantom321 (edited 09-11-2003).]

Old 09-11-2003, 05:30 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Hi Everyone, just checking in. Walked a mile and a quarter this morning befor work. I hate to come in then I feel like I just want to keep walking. God to be rich....
anyway hope everyone has a nice day. Live large, eat small and lose lots.
have a good one.
do you like that I just made it up......LOL

Closed Thread