It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 10:38 AM   #1

angelmagic HB User
Post CLA!! Yeah!!

Hi Everyone!! I started CLA yesterday morning and guess what? Today I am 3 pounds lighter, wow!! I was so excited!! The CLA I bought is from Walmart, it was with the other herbal supplements. The brand is Herbal Select and it is CLA with Sunflower and Safflower Oil Blend. And it only cost 16.99 for 60 caps. I take 3 1000mg a day. I did 30 min. of taebo and just watched what I ate for one day! I'll keep you all posted. Talk to ya soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 10:39 AM   #2
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
Wooooooo Hooooooooooooo!! Congrats Angel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 10:40 AM   #3
(female)

Robbit HB User
Angel! That is awesome! You definately will see huge results if you keep up the hard work. Make the connection between the exercise, eating well, getting sleep and of course CLA!

Great job!
Robbit

------------------
SW 148 (Sept. 02)
CW 110

Old 09-09-2003, 10:52 AM   #4
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
WTG angel! I just started my cla at lunchtime and am planning to take one at dinner and bedtime. Tomorrow I will start taking it with breakfast, supper, and bedtime. I can't wait to start seeing results! Keep us posted!

Jen

Old 09-09-2003, 11:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
you guys are going to make me go broke ! LOL!! now i have to get some of this!! i am already on starch blockers, l-carnitine, sometimes Q10...
one more thing to get...you guys sound encouraging!

WTG! everyone!!

Old 09-09-2003, 11:48 AM   #6
Inactive

roni624 HB User
WTG Angel!!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-09-2003, 03:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
wow angel thats great. I just went and bought them. I got them at the rite aid store but they are GNC very expensive 25.99. So I start by taking 3 a day. sounds like a lot. they are also the 1000 mg.
Im on atkins also but seem to be stalled at loseing 16 lbs. I want to lose anothter 10 atleast.
I hope this helps me. I walk everyday atleast a mile and a half .
lets keep this post up so we can see how everyone is doing.
good luck.

Old 09-09-2003, 03:52 PM   #8
(female)

Robbit HB User
I would think that CLA can be used along with any other kind of weight loss program. It is a beneficial supplement, so will not hurt!

If you are going to try it--commit yourself to the eating right and exercising too!

Good luck and way to go everyone!
Robbit

------------------
SW 148 (Sept. 02)
CW 110

Old 09-09-2003, 04:36 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
hi..i just posted on another thread..but i went out and took the plunge!! i bought some...even more expensive than sue's were..but that is CA for ya...there was a post 60 for 17.99 amd mine were 60 for 19.99! but it is 100% pure safflower tonalin...so i think these are the good ones and i am going to start them this bottle should last 3 weeks if i take 3/day...good luck everyone!!!!

Old 09-09-2003, 04:48 PM   #10

tofatforthat HB User
i went by gnc this past weekend and they have cla but its not tonalin cla it is made with safflower. i just wanted to know if theres a difference.
M.F

Old 09-09-2003, 04:59 PM   #11
Inactive

roni624 HB User
I think as long as it is 100% safflower oil then it is suppose to be the best. Although Mandy used a blend and she has lost 5lbs in 1 week.-Roni

Old 09-09-2003, 06:00 PM   #12

Mattsmummum HB User
I don't know what the brand name is, but Sam's sells big bottle of CLA and based on how cheap their other products are, I would bet they are priced right. I am planning a trip to Sam's next week and I will check out the price. My daughter looked at BJ's but they didn't have any. I've been buying the EAS CLA at Wal-mart.

Old 09-09-2003, 07:19 PM   #13
(female)

Robbit HB User
I am going to advise you all to be sure to buy the Safflower or Safflower/Sunflower blend!!!

The "sunflower" kind of CLA is just not working for me. I made a big mistake and went cheap instead of for the quality this time. About a month ago I saw the Sunflower CLA on sale so I picked it up. It is only the 600mg strength but figured I would give it a try. I am noticing a huge difference. I had my Mom run out and get me the 1000mg blend and will report back next week on how that is working. I have somehow gained a couple pounds that I cannot lose and in the past I have been able to keep on top of the pounds if they creep on--that is the beauty of CLA. So, take my advice everyone! Go for the 1000mg for sure and check the ingredients. Also, in the last few weeks I have noticed the muscle tone around my belly button is loose and it wasn't like that before, so I am really curious to see what will happen when I go back to the 1000mg.

Take care! and check in often everyone!
Robbit

------------------
SW 148 (Sept. 02)
CW 110
Used CLA

Old 09-09-2003, 08:35 PM   #14
(female)

giddyup715 HB User
I've only been on the CLA for 6 days and have lost 5#s. I haven't exercised, just cut down on my carbs. Carbs at 70 a day. Going to cut carbs more next, them exercise more. We'll see what happens! I know if I cut my carbs to 20 or below and exercised a lot with the CLA I would lose a lot at first. But I don't want to deal with a plateau yet. I wanted to see if CLA would work without any drastic changes. Starting tomorrow, I am cutting out more carbs for a week, and then my hours are changed where I finally get weekends off and am hoping to do some Tae-Bo with my daughter. I'll keep ya posted.

Old 09-10-2003, 01:49 AM   #15

blondiebiker HB User
angel......watchin....ya...
we discussed the pill things...remember...
ROFL.
teasin ya girl...
love ya

Closed Thread