It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 11:49 AM   #1

Susan82397 HB User
Post Questions about Atkins...

I have decided to try the Atkins program. I am 26 and weigh 303. What are some favorite foods that are allowed during Induction? I'm still not sure that I completely understand it, but I'm going to give it a try. Also, please share your success stories. Thanks.

Old 09-10-2003, 12:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
The thing about the Atkins diet is that it's supposed to be a way of eating for your life, not just a diet to lose weight. For you to understand how it works, you'd probably be better served buying and reading the book or checking it out at the library.

I'm sure others can give you some helpful tips. Also, if you look on this page, under the blue "new topic" and "reply" buttons, there is a link called search. The Atkins diet is talked about here a lot. If you search "Atkins" it will bring up many, many helpful posts.

Good luck to you.

[This message has been edited by Lindarella (edited 09-10-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 03:05 AM   #3

Tigrazhia HB User
Hello Susan,

I am on the Atkins diet & have been on it since March.
I have lost around 45 pounds (might be more, havent weighed in a couple of weeks). I absolutely love it, and yes indeed I'm on it for life. It's proving to be easier and easier with all the new sugarfree candy etc that's coming out plus forums like this with others that are also on Atkins & sharing recipes etc.

First of all, do you like to cook at all or eat out?
I don't know where you're at, but here are some foods I enjoy during induction:

First of all...get the low carb tortillas..they are a HUGE help!!!! If they don't have those in stores nearby you (I dont know where you live so not sure if I can recommend any stores) then I know places on the web you can get them (I guess I'm not supposed to post links here so maybe I can get it to you via email).

We have a huge container of Crystal Light sitting in the fridge, which helps somewhat with sweet tooth & sugar cravings that come and go during induction (altho there is no sugar in CL... but you get the sweet flavoring anyways)

Omelets in any form you can think of are great.
Lately when we eat out we've also started ordering burgers & sandwhiches just on a plate without breads, usually they let us substitute potatoes & bread for a small salad.

Salads of any kind, just hold the croutons... you can have a lot of dressings like Ranch, Blue Cheese, Vinegar & oil etc...

If you get the low carb tortillas, what we like to do is go to places like Taco bell & del taco, get a burrito then flip it over from the regular tortilla to the low carb one...
Also I get hamburgers & wrap the tortilla around the burger & toss away the bun...
I also like grilling hot dogs & I wrap 1/4 of the tortilla around 1 hot dog

Sugarfree Jello with loads of whipped cream
Atkins Endulge ice cream
Atkins Endulge chocolate bars (peanut butter cups are yummy)

Pork rinds (one of my favorite snacks is pork rinds with cream cheese & salsa....)

String cheese & any other kinds of cheese...

steaks, pork chops, chicken, fish

If you like to cook there are a lot of great recipes on this board as well as around on other places on the web.

I dont know, I've got lots of ideas, we've been through a lot of original food ideas but it's late & I think I better stop rambling...

Good luck & ask if there's anything I can do to help with your Atkins diet, its always great to join forces

Tig

Old 09-11-2003, 04:22 PM   #4

JennyG HB User
Tig, your words are always very helpful for Atkins newbie.

As a 17-day-old Atkins dieter, I found myself only lose weight better when eliminating all low-carb shakes or candies. That was kind of bad luck. I don't know what's in those sugar-free stuffs stalled my weight loss but seems I just can't have any of them unless I am onOWL.

Thanks for sharing.... always

------------------
5' 8 (f)
HW 244
SW 206 (8/25Atkins)
CW 200
GW 150 ( by the end of this year)
CW 200
GW 150 ( by the end of this year)

Closed Thread