It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 05:06 PM   #1

yasmin8888 HB User
Unhappy its hard keeping on a diet

its hard for me to stay on diets, i get cravings and i just give in.can someone give me some advice on how to stay on a diet.its very hard for me.or if any 1 knows of a diet that is easy to stay on.

Old 09-11-2003, 02:50 AM   #2

Tigrazhia HB User
Any diet is going to be tough, seeing as dieting always requires giving up something. After all, the reason we need a diet in the first place is that we're unable to resist what is bad for us (although some people can actually HAVE what is bad for them & get away with it... lucky sob's lol...)

The diets that seem quick & easy are usually too good to be true because you'll gain weight right back after you're done. I suggest studying diets & see which one will be right for you.

Personally I'm on the Atkins diet... I recommend it, although it's tough, but it works & I feel great.
I realize that in order to keep my body in shape, I can't eat all the stuff that naturally skinny people can eat, that's just the way it is.... :-)

Depending on how much you want to lose, you could simply just start with cutting out some things like for instance sugar... my friend swapped out regular coke for diet coke & he's losing weight like crazy (although he doesn't want to lose it as he's already skinny... :-)

Good luck....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 06:28 PM   #3

yasmin8888 HB User
did i mention i was 14? i know im young but im too heavy i think.i weigh 135 about.now u know my age wat can i do?

Old 09-11-2003, 07:16 PM   #4

Shane S HB User
Anyone can have what's bad for them, just less of it.

At the age of 14, any diet that restricts nutrients is a bad idea. Cut down on soft drinks and junk food and replace them with healthier alternatives like water and fruit. And be careful of portion sizes.

[This message has been edited by Shane S (edited 09-11-2003).]

Old 09-12-2003, 01:03 AM   #5

blondiebiker HB User
I agree...cut out what maybe too much of a bad thing..
I think the most important thing is mind set..
you aren't "dieting"
you are learning a new way to eat that is better for you and hopefully will find a method that works for you, and you'll do it for a lifetime..
read some of the nutrition books out there that help you understand how the body works and what good choices and bad choices are in foods.."fit or fat" is a good one and used in many schools as a beginning nutrition guide...maybe see if you can't find that.

Closed Thread