It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2003, 11:04 AM   #1

KatieMay HB User
Post new weight loss experiment here

Okay, so my experiment with carb and fat blockers was a bust, and I am really motivated so I'm trying something new.
A nutritionist friend of mine told me that when she wants to lose weight she keeps a food journal of everything that enters her mouth. So here's what I did:
I went onto ******** and did the diet calculator and determined that at 5'3" 150lbs, I'm burning aprox. 2000 calories a day. So, here's the goal. Work out 5x a week, burn at least 500 cal's a workout, and try to eat less than 2000 cal's a day, and write down everything I eat to make sure I stick to it. It's actually not that difficult. I'm on day 5 and I've lost 3 pounds, and I woke up with lots of energy today. Also, I really don't feel too deprived, since I'm not trying to stick to 1200 calories a day or something. I admit, it was hard to take in the first two days, as I was coming off a weekend of cheeseburgers and ice cream. But now it's easy.
If anyone would like to join me in this supplement-free, down to earth approach, I would love the company and support.
For snacks or deserts, I've been eating those fiber muffins from trader joe's with lots of margerine on them. Warmed up, they are super tasty and it really keeps the intestines moving and the belly flat! I love the subway sandwiches. I get a large with cheese to eat after my workout, and yes, I eat the whole thing (half for dinner, half for hefty late night snack). They total 640 calories, which is not bad for such a huge meal. Lunch has been trader joe's salads, all for around 350 calories.
I know that no one likes to count calories, but seriously, don't we all end up counting something to lose weight? It could be points or carbs or calories...I have always found that counting calories was the best way to keep myself from cheating. Any way, good luck to you all and to me! I'll keep you posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread