It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 04:41 PM   #1
(female)

Alicap HB User
Post Not to diet

I am new on this board, and found all the discussion very helpful. I would like to share my experience with you, and perhaps we can help each other.

Since age 13 I have been dieting (now 43), I have done them all, I lost a lot of weight, and then gained them back with some extra pounds. This is fine when you are young, but as the years go by, your skin saggs prematurely, and that is quite depressing. 4 years ago, I had a liposuction, it was not to lose weight, but only to get ridd of the saddle bags that no excercise or diet was helping, and to date I am very happy with the result. At the same time, because of the operation, I was obliged to eat a lot of healthy meals full of minerals and vitamins, to heal proparly, without really dieting. The only thing that my doctor had advised me, was to eat and drink fresh pinapples every day, which helped the bruising, the swelling etc., but during this process I started to melt away, I could not believe that for the first time in my life I did not have a diet list in front of me and I was losing weight...I think the moment we use the word diet, we are telling ourselves all the goodies are FORBIDDEN, and being normal human beings, forbidden is always more tempting. When I was NOT dieting, I said to myself, I will have my chocolate bar ONLY once a week, that sounded a lot better than saying NEVER, cause then 2 days later I would go buy 3 bars and eat them at once. Basically I did a sort of Weight watchers on my own judgement and worked greate.

I did keep my weight off NOT dieting for 3 years, until last year my husband left me, I was depressed, and found my long lost friend, binge eating and dieting...the anti-depressants did not help the case, nor did the HRT that I started short time after. I put on a lot of weight (but not the saddle bag area, thank God), and I was thinking that I should stop dieting again, get myself pineapples, and start my previous routine. I would love to have a person to share notes with, to encourrage and guide each other.
Any comments will be welcome.

(note I might not respond on time, cause I am on European time).

Alicap

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 05:45 AM   #2
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Hi Alicap, and welcome to the board! I'm so sorry for what you've been through with your husband, the medications and the weight gain. But the good thing is, you have a plan that works for you - now you just have to start it again. You can do it!

You'll find lots of friends and inspiration on this board. Why don't you join the Thanksgiving Challenge with us? You don't have to do anything special to join - just find the latest challenge thread and start posting with the rest of us.

The challenge is simple - you just set a goal that you want to try to reach by Thanksgiving (November 27) and you choose the way you're going to try to reach that goal. Then come here & find the latest challenge thread, and post your progress, questions, or just stop in to say hello! AP (Andreaphilip) starts a new thread for us when the previous one starts getting full - usually a couple of times a day.

Good luck reaching your goals, and I hope to see you on the Thanksgiving Challenge!

Old 09-12-2003, 12:10 PM   #3

2ndChances HB User
Definitely start back on the fresh pineapple. Pineapple contains papain and bromelien which are digestive enzymes. Supplement with a quality brand of enzymes such as Ultra-Zyme or Mega-Zyme (which I believe is now called Essentialzymes) and you will once again see yourself shrinking.

Closed Thread