It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2003, 06:23 AM   #1
(female)

jenniscott77 HB User
Question low calorie or low carb????

Hello All,
I am wondering what every one thinks works better over all. I just finished up the 3-day diet and liked it alot. I am know in my four days of eating right but I am confused about wether to eat low calorie or low carb. I guess if I keep following the diet I should do low cal. but I just feel guilty eating 50-60 carbs a day. What do you all think??

------------------
Jenni Scott

Old 09-12-2003, 07:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
I lost 35 lbs last year doing a low calorie diet and so far have kept it off. Once I hit my goal I started eating more calories because then the objective changed from losing to maintaining.

Personally, I think you should decide what you want to be eating 6 months, a year, 2 years down the road. The type of food you like and diet you choose should reflect how you want to eat forever as forever is how you're going to have to do it to keep it off. I chose counting calories because I like normal food and snacks. I can't imagine going through my life not eating cookies or bread or well, everything good.

I do think people eat a lot of bad carbohydrates such as too much fast food, too many chips, cookies, snack foods etc. No one can really eat too much of that stuff and maintain a low weight no matter what diet you do. I think if you choose your calories wisely you can have the food you love within reason.

I eat all the food I love. The only thing I really changed about my diet was the amount of food I eat. I seldom eat fast food and I've virtually given up potato chips. I eat the serving size of everything I eat; it's right on the package. Other than that, I still eat goodies but just not the whole plate full.

I also use [url="http://www.******.com"]www.******.com[/url] and couldn't have done my diet without it. It's a free calorie/exercise journal on the net and it's so cool and easy. I watch my calorie intake every day now as I'm afraid to gain. If I gain 2 pounds, I go back to lower calories for a couple weeks/a month until it's gone. I won't let myself gain more than 2 pounds without getting a handle on it. This usually happens if I drink too much alcohol though. I'm prone to dipping into the rum too much now and then. Whatever diet you choose, try the ******. It keeps track of carbs, cals and fat so will work for any diet.

Good luck to you. You can do it. Just remember it's a long term thing. You will still be doing it years from now so make changes you can live with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 07:35 AM   #3

blondie24 HB User
I agree completely with Lindarella and the low calorie really works for me. After a couple weeks it really becomes a lifestyle and you don't feel as if you're depriving yourself. You can still have your cake and eat it too.... Just as long as you don't go over your calorie limit!!

Old 09-12-2003, 11:47 AM   #4
(female)

jenniscott77 HB User
Talking

Thanks to both of your for your input, I have been doing a low cal. diet but I was not really watching my cals to the dot. This last week I have and have noticed that I feel so much better, I defantly have more engry since I have been eating lots more veggies and fruits.. I am happy with the food I get to eat but I just felt like everyone is talking about the carbs diet maybe I should try this. I will just keep on doing my low cal diet. thanks again!!

------------------
Jenni Scott

Old 09-12-2003, 04:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
The best one is the one that works for you. There are individual differences in this matter, IMHO. I failed at every attempt at low cal, but low carb held the key for me.

Old 09-12-2003, 05:18 PM   #6
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
Wink

Low carb works better for me. I was doing 800 cals a day and was getting so tired. Everyday it was getting worse. Then I upped my cals to 1200 (advise of my doctor/andreaphil,and mattsmummm) and felt so wonderful the next day. I also started to lose weight?? go figure? But thats just what worked for me.?? Good luck hun.

[This message has been edited by amberseattle (edited 09-12-2003).]

Closed Thread