It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2003, 09:30 AM   #1

FatBoy Roy HB User
Post Fat Boy Roy's Weight Loss Strategy: Steps 1,2 &3

FatBoy Roy here...ready to shake my tail-feathers and get rolling!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif Let me take just a minute to review here before we put this thing in gear! FatBoy Roy, thatís me, started on a journey to lose 130 pounds of flabby flab and disgusting lard on August 18, 2003.
FatBoy tip-toed on the scales at 350...and as of today, I am down 25 fun-filled pounds! I am sharing my strategy here, not as a prescription for anyone because we are all different. Maybe you can gain an idea or two that may help you...maybe not...but we can give it our best shot!! O.K...Now letís get the show on the road!!!

Baby Step #1...Go to ******.com and register your chubby little self...fill in your weight...what you stuff in your pie hole...enter your dark secrets in your journal there...set your goals and do all the other great stuff there...OR check out some other site or break out the old paper and pencil and graph paper....whatever floats your boat!!!

Baby Step #2...Find yourself a buddy, a friend, a pal, someone who will be there for you on your journey. Donít skip this step, even if you think you can go it alone...Letís give ourselves every chance to succeed here. If you canít find someone where you live...check
out some folks right here on this board...even Oí FatBoy Roy will take off through the deep dark fat wastelands out there if you canít find anyone else...after all I have washtubs full of lard to lose!!!

Now...before we get ready for the next step...here is some advice from Oí FatBoy Roy...Check with a knowledgeable physician before you alter your intake or change your activity level. This is important and just because something works for Oí FatBoy Roy...it
might not for you...donít throw caution to the wind here...

Baby Step#3...WATER...Yes, FatBoy Roy said WATER...but read on here so you will know where I am coming from!!! Go get yourself some containers...FatBoy has a gallon jug and has marked it with a permanent magic marker at each of the four quart levels.. I also have a one quart squeeze bottle and a SMALL glass...After you have your containers you are ready!! When you start your day...after a restful sleep...Fill up your gallon container with WATER...filtered WATER is good...most bottled WATER is good, if you can afford it...Just be sure you have the WATER quality that you feel confident drinking. Keep your WATER close to where you are ALL DAY LONG...If you stay at home...have
your WATER and your SMALL glass with you and sip your water. If you go somewhere in your vehicle...take your squeeze bottle with you...to work or play...If you are going to be gone a long time...take two squeeze bottles or find a place to re-fill your one bottle.

How much to drink??? FatBoy Roy drinks a gallon a day...but your needs may vary...Dr. F. Batmanghelidj, M.D., suggests that you take your body weight and divide it by two and then drink that many ounces per 24 hour day...WATER is important and I will supply you
with a few links so you can research it your self...

Why Drink Water??? If someone told you that you could speed up your metabolism by allowing your liver to metabolize the fat more effiecently...would you be interested??? Go to this website and check this out...
inch-aweigh.com and click on the first article, ďDrinking Water & Weight LossĒ...also
go to watercure2.com or watercure.com or shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/water and do your own research...Oí FatBoy Roy did and he was pleased... Remember...Check with a knowledgeable physician first because all us fat folks are not the same!!! FatBoy Roy is sharing his strategy not to persuade you to do anything...but only so you may be able to glean some things that may help you...So Letís Get It On...I will share my next baby step with you next time...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 09:36 AM   #2
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
thanks you Roy! Great tips!

Old 09-12-2003, 09:36 AM   #3
Inactive

JoJo1972 HB User
Wink

Let's get it on,
OOOO baby,
Let' get it on.

How was my singing Roy???
LOL!

I got steps 1, 2, and 3 out of my way. Can't wait for number 4.

JoJo http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-12-2003, 09:43 AM   #4
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
right on roy!

in my case i do it@night b/c i drink h20 with my bfast

Old 09-12-2003, 09:49 AM   #5

FatBoy Roy HB User
Amber...We can do it...Don't hold back now!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-12-2003, 09:51 AM   #6

FatBoy Roy HB User
JoJo...I think we are ready for the karaoke place!!! We could sing and dance the night away!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-12-2003, 09:54 AM   #7
Inactive

JoJo1972 HB User
Wink

Roy, I am the queen of karaoke!!! Actually, I'm not bragging or anything, but I sing really well. I'm serious!

JoJo

You could see me on one of the future reality shows one of these days...hehehe!

Old 09-12-2003, 09:58 AM   #8

FatBoy Roy HB User
Andrea...you are a smart "cookie"...drinking WATER with breakfast helps hydrate our incredibly shrinking body and gets that old liver to process the fat...I WATER myself all day long...At first I didn't like WATER but now I crave it and I know it is helping me on my long journey...WATER WATER EVERYWHERE !!!! I offer this toast to everyone, "May today be a wonderful start to the rest of your life..." (all raise their glass of WATER for the toast)...here...here...

Old 09-12-2003, 10:00 AM   #9

FatBoy Roy HB User
JoJo...I was at the karaoke last night...drinking my club soda WATER...with a twist of lime...FUN...FUN...FUN!!! I had an instinct that you were a talented singer...

Old 09-12-2003, 10:16 AM   #10
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Roy: such good advice!!! I've made it a habit of drinking nothing but water. I too, crave it when I don't get enough. My hubby laughs at me 'cause when we go away, I have this 24 oz. purple tupperware cup that I take with me everywhere! Where I go--it goes! It has visited several states--I'd be lost without it! Thanks for the links on the benefits of water too--many people don't realize how important it is--not only for weightloss but just for our bodies to function correctly.

Looking forward to step #4.......you always keep us in suspense! That's okay; it gives us something to look forward to. Have a good one!

Jen

Old 09-12-2003, 02:01 PM   #11

FatBoy Roy HB User
Jenn...Your purple tupperware cup sounds neat...WATER is veeeeeeeeeery important...so many of us take it for granted...and some just don't like the taste of it at first...after a while it's like an automatic NATURAL response to crave your WATER...what was that song...."Cool, Clear, WATER...." http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-12-2003, 02:35 PM   #12
Inactive

JoJo1972 HB User
Wink

Roy..I went to Wally World a while ago and I bought a 64 ounce drinking cooler for my water. Are ya proud of me????

JoJo

Old 09-12-2003, 07:03 PM   #13

FatBoy Roy HB User
JoJo...You are on the ball!!! That 64 ouncer will do the trick...You're ready to dance the night away...with plenty of water to sip...Let's boogie!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-12-2003, 08:35 PM   #14
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Roy, yet another great tip! Confession time: the last few weeks, not only have I NOT been watching my eating habits, and NOT been exercising, but I have also NOT been drinking nearly enough water. I've gotten out of the habit. I just don't like to drink much of anything, so I have to remind myself to do it. But I'm slowly getting back on track, have exercised twice this week & had a few bottles of water, and as of Monday I'm gonna start kicking butt again - or at least I'm gonna try! Maybe I'll buy a new water bottle like JoJo did - new stuff always makes me want to use it!

Wooooohoooooo, let's kick butt! But... not tonight, it's late and I've gotta shower & get to bed! Good night! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/yawn.gif

Old 09-12-2003, 09:09 PM   #15
Inactive

JoJo1972 HB User
Cool

Houdini...those cups are on clearance for 3 bucks. They are with the summer clearance dishes. I have mine filled and in the fridge for morning.

JoJo

I have been slack with my water, too.

oh, and excercise!!!!

Closed Thread