It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2003, 10:32 AM   #1
Inactive

~aaliyah~ HB User
Post i've got a question about carb blockers

someone recommended them to me and said they really do work, but im just wondering if it's really safe, and if i stop using them will i put on a lot of weight again? and is it really healthy or does it increase your chances of getting cancer? or something like that? i really wanna know if it's really 100% healthy..

Old 09-13-2003, 10:34 AM   #2
Inactive

~aaliyah~ HB User
and does it work if you're not really overweight but just wanna lose a couple of pounds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2003, 11:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
i have heard that it is all natural and made from white kidney beans...somewhere i read that the skin of the beans has a substance in it that prohibits your body from converting the starch carbs into glucose and they are passed through. I also read that you still get the nutrients from the food even though the calories arent absorbed. Please, if anyone knows anything different feel free to correct me..I am going by what i read. They are supposedly safe. they are only effective on starch carbs- complex- (bread corn beans etc) not sugar carbs because they are already sugar (simple). they are supposed to block at least some of the starch calories from entering your system.
as far as how much weight you have to lose...if they are just blocking your body from using some calories, i dont see why how much you weigh would make a difference....

I hope this is helpful to you... good luck!

Old 09-13-2003, 11:29 AM   #4
Inactive

girlygirly HB User
The calories are absorbed.

Old 09-13-2003, 11:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
that was the one thing that i was unsure of, because in the womens day article they said that it did block around 400 calories and the diet made it sound like you should specifially eat starch so the blockers could block some of the calories.. i have been talking them..i am not following atkins but i do low calorie and take the blockers when i have bread or cereal...
it is all a bit confusing. i just figured if i still watch calories and take them they will either help or they wont but i know they wont hurt what i am doing..you know?? it is all confusing....

Old 09-13-2003, 12:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
sorry..it was woman's world..also in thinking about it..a carb is 4 calories so it would make sense to me that if carbs are blocked..the calories would go along with it....i dont know..that is just my feeling

Old 09-13-2003, 01:32 PM   #7
Inactive

~aaliyah~ HB User
Question

okay.. im a bit confused here :S

Old 09-14-2003, 01:49 PM   #8

Tigrazhia HB User
The starch blockers will perhaps work A LITTLE if you use them on a normal diet, but it is most efficient if used on a low carb diet. It will block starches, so you can eat pasta without having the carbs hitting your system, the carb blockers will suck up the starches you are feeding into your body.

When it comes to stopping using carb blockers & gaining weight, well... yes you might, because you'll eat the same amount of pasta but the blockers won't be catching the starches...

I think it's basically a lifestyle change, if you eat less carbs & want to binge, you take a starch blocker.
If using only the starch blockers, not sure if you'll see a lot of results unless you cut down on your overall carb intake.

Also be ware that they block starches and NOT sugar... so stay away from the dessert table

Closed Thread