It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 10:25 AM   #1

deer03 HB User
Post Scarsdale diet question......

Hi,
Has nayone been on the scarsdale medical diet and had the dramatic results of 20 pounds lost in two weeks? I never last the full two weeks, so I dont know. I have been on this diet for years. As short as 20 minutes to about 1 week.My intentions are good.............Thank you for any replies!

Old 09-14-2003, 11:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
i was on it in high school but that was around its popularity peak (23 yrs ago!)

I know I didnt lose the 20 in 14 days...unfortunately i can even remember how much it was! this was when i was at my heaviest (I think about 215??) and it helped me get to about 175 and fortunately I havent been over 200 since but I have come close a few times...this is something that i have struggled with since 8th grade!
I lose and gain and lose...but I learn something each time and I thought I had it licked the last time..i got to 160 which isnt my ideal weight but I am 5'8" and was in a size 10 and told myself that I would rather stay there forever than to get to ideal weight and gain it all back.. the loss lasted the longest of any other time and thought i finally did it but i gained 10 and instead of taking it off at the end of the year i ended up gaining another 10 at the beg of the year and close to another 10 toward the end of spring...now i am losing again yeah but I got 22.5 to go till i am back to the 160 - I am hoping to do that by thanksgiving...anyway...boy did i start rambling...
it is just when you said "scarsdale" a whole flood of memories came back to me!! LOL!! you dont hear anyone talk about that diet much anymore!! good luck to you!!! sorry for the ramble....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 12:06 PM   #3

deer03 HB User
LOL! The smd book was passed around from my aunt to my mom to my sister and eventually to me. There is a scarsdale medical diet site that i just found like 10 minutes ago.Wow this diet still has momentum.I just printed out a sample plan, a slight variation from the book.So Tomorrow,Monday, as usual, I shall start again!!! Thanks for reply

Old 09-14-2003, 12:08 PM   #4
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
Wink

What kind of diet is this? Im willing to try anything..lol

Old 09-14-2003, 12:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
amber - hi! I didnt realize it till much later but i guess it is kind of a low carb..maybe similar to mayo diet if you have read some of the posts about that...
the diet is very exact about what to eat and when...
you have a grapefruit for brkfst and tea every day
and i remember a meal being as much steak as you wanted and a salad etc...you might do a search on it...they originally advertised "lose 20lb in 14 days" etc etc... the diet became even more famous because the Dr. who wrote it Tarnower (sp?) was murdered by his "lover" who was also a consultant on the book...it was a whole big deal at the time....

deers - no prob! and see here i go again!! LOL!!

Old 09-14-2003, 02:01 PM   #6

deer03 HB User
search scarsdale medical diet.com.click on the official web site

Closed Thread