It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 09:05 AM   #1

italianlace HB User
Question How do I stay motivated????

Any suggestions on how to stay motivated? I am a lifetime dieter and have tried every diet known to man. I only have 30 more lbs. to lose, have lost 60 already (but gained some back). I seem to want to eat sugar and binge on junk a lot. I am on prescription diet pills and that is helping me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stay motivated daily??? Thanks!

Old 09-14-2003, 09:42 AM   #2
Inactive

~aaliyah~ HB User
just think how bad you feel after taking them, guilty, instead try to do something fun, like sports, which will make you feel good about yourself for being so committed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 01:14 PM   #3

Tigrazhia HB User
It's your body tricking you to give it sugar & carbs & other junk. You are starving it for these things, which is a good thing, but your body is smart & will figure out ways to make you give it sugar and carbs.

Now I'm a competitive spirit, & I'll be damned if I'll let my body win over my mind. I'm on the Atkins diet & yeah, my body does try to trick me into giving it carbs but in those times I think "oh you sneaky little pos of a body, I'm not giving you any of that, give it up!" lol

I feel good when defeating the cravings & like the poster above said, imagine how HORRIBLE you would feel, physically & mentally, if you DO give in to the cravings.... not to mention you'd have longer to go again before reaching your goal, because you still want to lose the extra 30 pounds.

Also if you give in & feed your body sugar & junk, you cravings will go up... you will temporarily have satisfied your body, but it will be back & bug you even worse by next meal.

Basically, accept the fact that some people can have all that foods and still stay thin, whereas some of us aren't that lucky & in order to keep healthy we need to stay away from certain foods...like alcoholics need to stay away from booze, like diabetics need to stay away from sugar.... people with a lousy metabolism need to stay away from sugar & junkfood.

Good luck with your cravings...don't let your body win over your mind :-D

Tig

Old 09-14-2003, 01:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

chipmunkis HB User
tig, I love that analogy!!! I was telling my MIL that I feel a lot better even though I am still wanting carbs, I don't feel out of control with them because they are simply NOT to be touched now. I guess it is like an alcoholic, only it's not viewed in the same light because it only hurts us and being fat from eating too many refined carbs is not posing a risk to anyone elses life, unlike alcoholism.

Old 09-14-2003, 02:56 PM   #5

italianlace HB User
Talking

Tig, that is SOOO true, I cannot even begin to tell you how that helped me!!

I just got married and moved 18 hours away from my family. I have never moved out of my home state in 35 years, (my whole life) and it is hard. I think that is why I want to eat sugar for comfort reasons, but like you said it is only temporary and the fat will come on back. That CANNOT happen!!

My husband is wanting a baby next year, I got to get this under control before THAT happens, or I am doomed for sure.

I gotta get tough I suppose and tell this old flesh it cannot have anything it wants, anytime it wants. I will have to be in control!!

Thanks for the advice, loved it!! Feeling better already!!!

Closed Thread