It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 03:08 PM   #1

MoBell195 HB User
Angry STALLED! I am addicted to food!

Hello all,

OK, so for about a year and 3 months or so I have been on a better eating and exercise plan, and I have lost roughly 100 pounds.

BUT--for the last three months or so, I have been hovering between 242-238 and the scale REFUSES to go down.

I have been exercising less. Went from about 75-90 min. a day to 60 min. a day, sometimes only 4-5 days/week. I also stopped weight training for a while, but I am restarting that program. This is due to a new job, relocation, and just joining a gym here.

However, I have started counting calories, which was not a big part of my program earlier. I am SUPPOSED to have about 1600/day, but I sometimes go over a couple hundred. But according to virtually every source, equation, or whatever, I should still be losing weight. I am not asking for rapid weight loss here, just a couple pounds every couple of weeks or so!

I can't really cut carbs too much since I am a vegetarian. I do take special care to make sure I have enough protein and fiber, but all the soy products and things are way too expensive for me to attempt some kind of vegetarian low-carb thing (just graduated college, so no high-paying job here.) Do you all know anyone who is doing a vegetarian low-carb diet? It would be awesome if I could do that affordably.

I also have major issues keeping myself from eating constantly at work. I still count the calories, but I ultimately eat when I'm not hungry just 'cause I feel like eating. I am such a glutton. I spend way too much time dreaming about what I am going to eat next. Obsessed, I'm obsessed!

Despite this, I still feel that I should be losing weight, not hovering in the same area. When I went abroad a few months ago, I only had time to exercise about once a week and had virtually no control over the caloric content of my meals...but I still lost 10 pounds over the course of a month and a half! That is really all I require to stay motivated...just a general trend of loss.

I need guidance, encouragement, something...I refuse to regain the weight I've lost and I can't stop here!!! I want to visit a friend abroad in April and hope to lose about 40 more pounds by then, so I can be firmly in "one-derland." Any ideas?

Please respond. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 08:32 PM   #2

MoBell195 HB User
PLEASE respond to this posting! Someone, anyone?

Old 09-14-2003, 09:21 PM   #3
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
Question

Hi Mobell..
I know how you feel..I just had to decide one day it was one or the other..eat, and be chubby..or slow down, lose weight and look good,feel good, and be healthy..what sounds better to you?
I am a carb addict, addicted to food..ALL food..especially fatty food!! mmmm. the more fat the better the taste was my motto. go to fit day and enter everything you eat eachday..you dont realize how many calories you eat, even just a nibble here and there adds up..
then insted of just eating whatever when you are hungry, eat healthy..your kinda lucky being vegitarian..you have no problem eating things like celery and lettuce which are virtually water. I wrap my chicken breast in lettuce insted of a bun..I eat celery with good things like 2 tblsp PB.
You can eat as much of those veggies as you'd like..add seasoning to it. make it taste like chicken..lol
I put tons of seasoning on all my veggies..then they taste like I am eating something good.
Zuchinni is good with seasoning salt, and pepper.
Use weight watcher's butter spray insted of butter on everything.
What you should do is something dramatic. I know its hard, but it will get your system working. I eat around 1200 cals a day..(up from 800)
I feel like Im a piggy and eat all day. I try to never let myself get hungry or I will eat anything...so its good to eat when you arnt hungry..It actually speeds up the metabolism..just eat better when you do.
I dont know if that will help, but it seems to be working well for me..I was at a stand still as well.
Good luck hunny!
-Amber

[This message has been edited by amberseattle (edited 09-15-2003).]

Closed Thread