It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 02:11 PM   #1
(female)

Robbit HB User
Question Shhhh! Losing weight?

Reading posts about people keeping the weight loss a secret (until they hit their target) made me think about mine. I didn't tell anyone! My husband and I have always eaten different meals anyway (he is on a cholesterol diet)so he didn't notice me eating cabbage and veggies and soup for supper every night. I hid my CLA in my drawer in case he thought they were diet pills! I did my exercises in secret and if he came upstairs I would pretend I was laying on the floor watching tv! LOL Not sure why I did this, but I guess I needed to prove to myself first that I could do it. I had lost 25lbs before my husband finally noticed!! Isn't that awful!! I finally got tired of him not saying anything so I pointed it out! He must have noticed--just maybe felt awkward to say anything? Not sure, but once I told him how I was doing he was so proud! I was doing 500 crunches etc and this blew him away--he had no idea. In his defence I have always worn clothes that were too big for me, so he hadn't seen anything fitting better--until I got a few pieces of clothing that fit right ;-)Now, he is constantly complementing me and is proud of my exercising.

One other thing that happened is that my very close friend refused to make any comment about my loss. She herself had dropped 30 lbs so I think when I did, it stole a bit of her thunder?? In fact while she was losing her weight she bragged constantly about how people were telling her how thin she was etc etc. and I think that made me more determined to lose mine and show her! That makes me feel bad to write that. It has been almost a year now and she still NEVER says anything and I have lost 40 lbs! Actually my Mother in law was the same--she never said anything until finally my husband mentioned it? Isn't that strange??

I am curious now to hear about other people's stories?

Robbit

------------------
SW 148 (Sept. 02)
CW 110
Used CLA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 05:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

chipmunkis HB User
You are so right! I feel like if anyone knows that I am doing this, they will be watching and judging how well I do... If I do it without telling, I won't feel like I have to explain myself or justify anything. A friend of mine was on a weight loss program and everytime she strayed, she had to put up with her hubby commenting on it, things like "Gee, are you sure you want to eat that?" and "You're not skipping ANOTHER workout, are you?" She just found it way more stressful; I'm sure he thought he was being helpful, but she hated it! She finally just gave up, and when she started again, she didn't tell him until he commented one day that she seemed to have lost weight. Then she told him what she had been doing and why she hadn't said a word to him. Now, he keeps his mouth shut except to offer the kind of encouragement she needs.

Old 09-14-2003, 05:38 PM   #3

connecticut mom HB User
Smile

Robbit!! GREAT JOB!!

Old 09-14-2003, 05:44 PM   #4
Veteran

posie HB User
Hi guys (gals?) Sounds just like me. My hubby doesn't complain about my weight but if he knows I'm on a diet and I fall off the wagon, he just HAS to say something! I just don't tell him anymore and hope he doesn't notice the atkins shakes & vitamins & stuff here and there.

Doin the 3 day diet (actually I already started and fell off wagon yesterday) http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif OOPS!

I have lost 3 lbs and am now down to 206. YEAH ME! Now that I'm done with the water weight maybe some real fat will come off. Goin to the gym tomorrow, I promise!

66 lbs is just WAY too much to think about losing http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif . It seems very daunting so I'm just going for 10 lbs at a time.

Old 09-14-2003, 06:41 PM   #5
Inactive

roni624 HB User
How funny!!

Well my dh thinks my CLA pills are just another bottle of pills I have to take for my thyroid so he doesn't know. I don't hide them from him...he just doesn't read the bottle. I too exercise when he isn't around. He knows I want to lose weight but he says I look great. I am 30lbs heavier when we first met...but then again so is he.-Roni

Old 09-14-2003, 08:38 PM   #6
Veteran

posie HB User
My H probably has been about 155 lbs forever. He's 5'9". He can eat anything, but he is running all day for his job. I'm afraid it'll catch up to him because he eats BAD!

I have had 3 kids so it's not exactly an even trade if you ask me.

Does going on a diet make you break out? I'm looking at another nose growing on the top of my nose... and I'm 33. What's with that? It's HUGE!
I'm actually broken out all over, which is rather unusual for me. Maybe I'm "cleansing" as they say?
Whaddya think? I don't even want to go out in public.

Old 09-14-2003, 09:44 PM   #7
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
Wink

I feel like I need the encouragement and motivation from others. I know I watch what I eat much better now that my whole family is involved. My 10 year old son saw my diet profile on ****** and today he said .."oh mom, you shouldnt have eaten that pizza..it was 50% fat". I thought it was adorable that he knows how important it is to me, and cared enough to make sure that I knew how bad it was for me. He doent even think I am big the way I am, so it wasnt him putting me down, he just cared enough to try to help. I also think men "think" they are helping when they say stuff like"are you going to eat that" blah blah blah..they think they are helping..lol
I just know I do much better when people know..
just my opinion..thanks for listening.

Old 09-14-2003, 09:49 PM   #8

mandy32 HB User
Hey posie....
I know that if you are drinking more water it could be a cause for the breakouts. Your pores are so clogged and when you drink water it helps to clear out your pores.
So hopefully you will be able to go out in public again soon....joking of course.
I hope this helps answer your question.
~Mandy~

Old 09-14-2003, 10:08 PM   #9
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
lol..that was kinda funny Posie..
I am also breaking out..face, and chest mostly..usually my skin is nice?? I think because I sweat more (workouts) and then the days i dont drink alot of water..I notice it more.
H20 is the only cure I think?

Old 09-14-2003, 10:23 PM   #10
Veteran

posie HB User
Well, I'm definately drinking more water! I sure hope it clears soon. I mean I look like I'm 15 or something (zit wise). http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif
Have I told you yet, I've lost 4 lbs? (sorry. I must have posted that everywhere so far!)

Closed Thread