It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 09:37 AM   #1

FatBoy Roy HB User
Post Fat Boy Roy's Weight Loss Strategy: Steps 1-4

FatBoy Roy here...Adding Baby Step #4 today to my list of weight-loss strategies. Now
just a minute for a quick review of my first three steps as I drop 130 pounds of flab from
my little o' bod...

FatBoy Roy's Baby Step #1...******.com or a method to record your daily food intake,
activities, journal and what-nots...Keep up with this EVERY LIVE-LONG DAY! even
on the days that you FAIL to do one thing right!

FatBoy Roy's Baby Step #2...Acquire a buddy, friend, or support group of one or
more...and communicate to them EVERY LIVE-LONG DAY! Celebrate with them
when you lose a pound and ask for support when you fail...Don't skip this baby step...or I
will come looking for you!!!

FatBoy Roy's Baby Step #3...WATER...Drink your WATER all day long...EVERY
LIVE-LONG DAY! Remember...that WATER is helping you in more ways than one..so
sip, sip, sip...

Now that we are caught up...It's time for my next baby step...Again, these are FatBoy
Roy's baby steps and they may or may not work for anyone else...I am sharing these just
in case it might help someone else and you should always consult a knowledgeable
physician before altering your food intake or activity level...just like O' FatBoy Roy did...

FatBoy Roy's Baby Step #4...EAT BREAKFAST...Yes, FatBoy Roy eats a breakfast of
between 400-500 calories each day...yummy Don't skip breakfast...Whenever you roll
out of bed after a restful sleep, you may not be hungry at all...a lot of us fat people aren't
hungry right then. Some of this is due to habit, as many of us have skipped breakfast for
years...BUT then what happens is that our body tells our brain that it has gone way too
long without food and the big bad appetite jumps up and demands food!!! We then are
really hungry and we overeat a lot of the times....even FatBoy Roy knows this!!! Later
on, I will share my breakfast menu strategies with you...but right now, FatBoy Roy knows
better than to skip breakfast...because if he does, he will be primed to eat everything in
the house, yard and the village at lunch or dinner time... In addition, I believe skipping
breakfast...or going for way too long without eating something...interferes with all that
insulin and metabolic stuff...it's put stress on our systems...and stress is not a good thing
when some of us are already reducing the amount of calories our o' bod' is used to...

SO...take time for a nice breakfast...you owe it to your body for working while you were
sleeping After all we need to get ready to boogie down like a clown while we laugh all
the way to the scales!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

If FatBoy Roy can do this thing...so can all of you fine folks here...one pound at a time!!!
LATER!!! :dance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 10:36 AM   #2
Inactive

JoJo1972 HB User
Wink

Roy...I feel breakfast is important, too. I seen on TV last week if you eat breakfast, you live longer. I am with you Roy! Have I lost any weight yet??? lol!

JoJo

Old 09-14-2003, 10:58 AM   #3
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hiya roy!

i too believe it. though i must admit, i only use about 200....(i like a big lunch.. around 600) i find 4 egg whites& 2 oz boars head ham washed dn with 1 qt h20 does the trick for a long time.

Old 09-14-2003, 11:53 AM   #4
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
Hi Roy..I also am bad and I eat about 200 cals for breakfast..But I make it up with a mid morning snack..Thats a great idea!! maybe I should give a bigger 400 cal bfast a try and maybe it will start things moving quicker..I might not be as hungry later in the afternoon? Well Im glad to read your tip for the day. as always...very important and a great foundation for losing weight!! Thanks again
-Amber

Old 09-14-2003, 02:26 PM   #5
Inactive

Houdini HB User
More great advice, Roy! Like Amber, I too have a smaller b'fast, then a mid-morning snack - but hey, at least I am eating b'fast, right? Keep the good advice coming!!!

Old 09-14-2003, 03:12 PM   #6

FatBoy Roy HB User
JoJo...I'm all in favor of living longer... And I agree with whoever said that on TV...losing all this blubber will help us also...SO...What do we have to lose???Right??? Let's GO FOR IT!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-14-2003, 03:15 PM   #7

FatBoy Roy HB User
Andrea...You are on the ball!!! We're goin' do this thing...Nothin' Goin' Stop Us Now...Let's all sing and dance the night away!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-14-2003, 03:23 PM   #8

FatBoy Roy HB User
Thank you Amber for the kind comments...You are really sweeeeeeet!!! Breakfast is good...BUT...O' FatBoy Roy once went to a breakfast buffet and ate until my belt broke and I had to hold my pants up with both hands...so I had to stop eating and go home!!! The cook at the buffet was sure glad to see me go I had the wrong philosophy about buffets...FatBoy Roy always wanted to get his money's worth...But now, I know better than to go to a buffet...I look the other way when I have to go by one...

Old 09-14-2003, 03:26 PM   #9

FatBoy Roy HB User
Houdini...I like your style!!! You are smoove... We're on a mission here...one breakfast at a time...one pound of lard at a time...AND...we WILL do it...Let's hear a big AMEN!!!!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-14-2003, 04:35 PM   #10
Inactive

Houdini HB User
AMEN!

Old 09-14-2003, 10:11 PM   #11
Veteran

posie HB User
Roy, Hi there. I'm kinda new so I just got onto ****** tonight and signed up. So check-off #1 http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif
I have 1 friend who will be joining me at the gym this week and be my "buddy". Check-off #2 http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif
Been chuggin water aaaaaalllll day. Check-off #3 http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif
Breakfast is a hard one for me. I usually only drink an atkins shake with my vitamins as I'm never hungry. Then I eat some cheese (little) and lettuce and 1 small bag of sunflower seeds (with shell) for a snack (wierd?) I watch an elderly woman 3 hrs/day. Then have a big lunch. Is that enough? I NEVER skip, it's just a light one. When I eat big b-fast I feel kinda nauseous. Can I check #4?
I have lost 4 lbs since Thurs.
Yah, so it's probably water weight, but it's better than a poke in the eye!

LW 120 those were the days
HW 220
CW 206
GW 140
5'7"

Old 09-14-2003, 10:14 PM   #12
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
Thumbs up

lol..You guys are so funny..This has to be my favorite posting spot! Evryone gets a bit more funny..Thanks for the fun and encouragement ROY!
and everyone else!! You guys are cute! lol

Old 09-15-2003, 04:30 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Hi Roy, I eat breakfast every day. Usually egg beaters and bacon. I love OJ but thats a no no on atkins.
I read where you wrote we need to drink half of our weight in water every day, seemed like a lot but I will try. I tried it on saturday and spent most of the day running to the bathroom but I guess thats the idea.
take care Roy and Im so glad you joined us. You keep us all upbeat.....

Old 09-15-2003, 05:36 AM   #14

FatBoy Roy HB User
Posie...You are doing great...Losing 4 pounds since Thursday!!! Remember...We can do this ONE POUND at a time...One step at a time...One day at a time and even one hour at a time!!! We all want smaller numbers on that bathroom scale...AND WE WILL DO IT TOO!!! Let's twist and shout and CELEBRATE every pound we lose!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-15-2003, 05:40 AM   #15

FatBoy Roy HB User
Amber...We all need to laugh...all the way to the scales We are improving our quality of life here...and that is a good thing!!! Really something to smile about and be happy!! So let's boogie!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Closed Thread