It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2003, 04:02 PM   #1

kat_84 HB User
Post Hydroxycut Vs. Xenadrine

i was wondering, which is more effective...hydroxycut or xenadrine rfa (the one with ephedrine in it). if you haven't taken both, did the one you try work well for you? i would like to hear some advice from people who have used these products. if you'd like to recommend something else though, that'd be great too. see, i'm trying to lose about 15 pounds in two months. i want to combine diet supplement pills with exercise and healthy eating. thanks for your help!

~kat~

one more thing: which stores are these products available in canada?

Old 01-30-2003, 10:32 AM   #2

car_car HB User
Yeah, i feel the same way too, hydroxycut made me too jittery. I find it really hard to concentrate on anything at all... and i'm a i-need-one-coffe-per-day kind of person! Oh, and it was hard to sleep at night too!

I don't know about xenadrine rfa, but i'm taking efx.. will. I don't get as much side effects. I'm barely on it for a week, i'll keep u posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2003, 07:26 AM   #3

augi7 HB User
I read something online today, when I was searching for info on xenadrine efx, which I started today.

Anyway, this one article mentioned that Canada has now banned all ephedra/ephedrine diet pills. But something like xenadrine efx would be a good alternative.

Probably won't take long and the US banns ephedra too.

Old 02-11-2003, 04:25 AM   #4

knotts_2002 HB User
Wink

Hi, I have been on Xenedrine for about 6-7 months. I have ultimately lost a little over 70 pounds. I went from a size 22-24 to a 14-16. I love my new shape and this body I have recently found!! There are a few unfortunate side effects. Seems like my hair has begun to thin, and my skin scars SO eaily, especially my face. I have also tried Hydroxcut, and just didn't see the same kind of results. My husband swares by Hydroxycut, but Xenedrine didn't work for him like it worked for me. He also lost about 80+ pounds. Thanks for listening.

Old 02-11-2003, 03:17 PM   #5

arkiehog HB User
Xenadrine is lower cost than hydroxy-cut.

Better yet wal-mart has a knock off with identical ingredients that sells for $15.00 for 120 pills.

Old 02-13-2003, 11:02 PM   #6

blackjody1 HB User
whats the difference between xenadrine rfa-1 and the ef kind i didnt know that there was 2 types ive got the rfa-1 coming.

Old 02-14-2003, 12:17 AM   #7

kat_84 HB User
xenadrine rfa contains ephedra (ephedrine), (efx does not), which many people say is very harmful to your health....however, weight loss products with ephedra seem to give better results. if you take products with ephedra carefully and maintain a healthy lifestyle...i don't think it's all that bad. i'd rather risk that than have let's say..bypass surgery or something because i'm too overweight. that's just my opinion.

~kat~

Old 02-14-2003, 02:44 PM   #8

Stephshe HB User
Hi. I just thought I'd jump in here and tell you my personal experience with hydroxycut and xenadrine. I've tried them both. I took xenadrine first and felt great. I took them three times a day and had a ton of energy. So much energy that I started to have problems sleeping at night. I decided to try and skip taking it before dinner. I took it with breakfast and lunch. By that evening I noticed a big side effect. I was exhausted! I don't mean just tired and lacking in energy. I mean I could not walk strait, think strait and I could not even talk without stuttering. This was a problem because I was working evenings at the time and my employer thought I was drunk. I stopped taking them and started hydroxycut. So far no such problems with hydroxycut.

Old 09-14-2003, 10:43 AM   #9

MASTER HB User
I have tried Xenadrine RFA-1 for 3 weeks.

It didn't do anything for me, I didn't sweat or raise pulse at all. Ofcourse I didn't lose any weight.

So I stopped taking it.

However I must say that I was 1,70m and 68kg, so I was pretty thin. I just wanted to get cut which never happened while I was taking this supplement.

Old 09-15-2003, 06:29 AM   #10

italianlace HB User
Smile

My brother dropped 50lbs on Hydroxycut. He said it just literally cut the fat right off of his body! My friend uses xenadrine and she has not has as good of results, but men do lose faster than women, what a curse of nature that is!

I worked at a place for 6 years who manufactured those kind of products and I have to say most all of them are the same basic ingredients you just have to watch the amount of stimulant in them. All that basically does is raise your heart rate and get your blood pumping, same thing exercise does. People lost amazing amounts of weight on the pills that we sold, without exercising. But the sad thing is, most gained their weight right back. Without exercising weight loss is only a temporary thing. Just be careful when you are taking these kinds of supplements, remember your health comes first!! Good luck!!

Closed Thread