It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 11:04 PM   #1

lacey o HB User
Post anyone stalled on atkins?I have need help

So, has anyone stalled on Atkins, I've been on it since june 16. I have started back walking, and have cut out nuts. Any advice please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 11:22 PM   #2
(female)

jenikat HB User
Thumbs up

Wow, that's a long time. I have only been on for a week! So what happened, have you just stopped losing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 11:44 PM   #3
Veteran

posie HB User
Lightbulb

Try going back on Induction for a few days or a week and be strict then slowly add back stuff. My personal opinion is that maybe our bodies become accustomed to what we're doing and it (our body) becomes more efficient and the metabolism slows down. Try shaking it up a little and increase your activity or do different activities. I stall all the time and reach a sort of plateau and have to start over again. It can be very frustrating when you stop progressing but don't give up!

Rose

p.s. A friend of mine said she's doing well trying collostrum. She stalled as well.

Old 09-13-2003, 09:03 PM   #4

frusturatedteen8852 HB User
I was on the atkiens diet, and what I learned was not only to count your carbs, but also to cout you calories as well...You can try it and see how it works on you if you like

------------------
**kallie**

Old 09-14-2003, 07:56 AM   #5

Kissy224 HB User
When I stall on Atkins, I go off it for a couple of days and eat carbs, then go back on. It seems to "kick start" my system again. It usually works.

Old 09-14-2003, 02:23 PM   #6

Tigrazhia HB User
First of all, are you testing your burning with keto sticks? Are you sure you are still burning?

Stalling on Atkins means you have hit a plateu. It simply means your body is hitting a block of old fat that is hard to chew through.

Usually when plateuing on Atkins I do what the above poster recommended, go off the diet for a couple of days then kickstart it again with 2 week's induction. IT seems like the newly acquired fats & carbs somehow help burn through the difficult fats that only protein itself can't get rid of.

It's important though to really set a day to go back on...once taking a break, I know a lot of people who never get back on.... just take a break for 2-3 days and be determined to get back on it the day you set.

Good luck,

Tig

Old 09-15-2003, 06:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
I also have stalled on atkins. I have lost 6 lbs have been on it for about 8 wks now. I walk every day atleast 2 miles per day. Still watching my carbs. dont think I can go thru induction again.
anyway there is a thread on here for something called CLA which I started to take 3 days ago. supposed to help you burn fat. only have about 10 more lbs to go.
good luck.

Old 09-15-2003, 01:40 PM   #8

aeello HB User
With Atkins, you don't necessarily have to go back on Induction when you hit a plateau b/c after the first two weeks, you're supposed to be adding (slowly) more carbs into your system. So, try maybe just cutting out some of the stuff you added. Or switch some of the carbs you added. I know when I did it (I lost 20 lbs, but got SO sick of it), instead of eating a small salad, I ate dill pickles instead. I think swanson's or progresso makes a flavored chicken broth that has garlic in it and is EXTREMELY tasty all by its lonesome...that would aid in the cutting calories/filling you up department and help you move past that plateau. Basically, try things you haven't tried before and see if maybe it "jiggers" around with your system and helps you through this tough time.

Alexis

Closed Thread