It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 08:18 AM   #1

aeello HB User
Post For Southern Mom--Zantrex3

Hi,

I've read some posts regarding zantrex and your experiences with it and I just needed to know is can I purchas zantrex at WalMart or a GNC type place or do I need to get a prescription from a dr? secondly, I read that you use a carb blocker occasionally, which brand do you prefer? Thanks.

Old 09-15-2003, 09:40 AM   #2
(female)

Orchidz HB User
Welcome a board, Aeello!

I'm in Texas too. I'm relative new here and also I got motivated with the excelent results that Southern Mom had with Z3. Of course, there is not just the pill, you have to make changes with your eating and add some execise too.

I bought my Z3 at GNC, and the carb bloker I bought it at Walt Mart called Carb Cutter.

This board has been a lot of help and keeps you motivated.

My best luck in your new weight loss program,
Orquidea

PD: I hope that you dont mind that I answered your questions. Southern Mom is on vacation but I think that she will back today.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 10:59 AM   #3

aeello HB User
Oh no, thanks so much! Now with the carb cutter, it only relates to starches, right? Not sweets?

I've been so upset lately with my weight. In high school, I graduated weighed 145 lbs and I'm 5'2". My body fat % was something like 17%? I played sports and worked out around 3-5 hours a day. Course, you go to college and that all ends so I gained the freshman 15 and then some.
So now that I just graduated from college in May after finishing it in 3 years and I just had my 21st birthday two weeks ago, I want to do something about my weight. I've done just about everything, Atkins, ephedra products, etc. Eating well doesn't seem to help (I love fruits and vegetables and if I had to eat just that for the rest of my life, I could) and so I suppose I need some help. I've been doing pilates for a little while and maybe this stuff will give me a little boost. Thanks for listening.

Alexis

Old 09-15-2003, 11:35 AM   #4
(female)

Orchidz HB User
Wink

Alexis,

Yes, Carb Cutter & Starch Buster are just for starches. I just bought a bottle last Friday. I took one pill on Sunday with a slice of pizza :O I made one free meal for being on my diet (Atkins). After 14 days of not having a bread, it was heaven. :P

I don't know how much do you weight. You sound like me, when I was studying I couldnt concentrate to being on any diet. So, I gain quite a lot of weight. I think if you start any diet and with z3 and exercise, for sure you will lose. I know that eating well is not going to lose weight easily. So, it seems that we have to suffer for eating bad before, now.. we have to watch what we eat and exercise.

BTW, I am doing Pilates too, but I asked the instructor about losing weight using pilates. She said that is for toning. So, if you want to lose weight fast you have to do cardio workouts. To make your heart beat faster and sweat. So, start moving your butt and burn calories!

You dont have to give thanks for listening, if there is something that I can help you just let me know. People here are wonderful listeners and the best, we are in the same boat called "Lossing Weight".

[This message has been edited by Orquidea (edited 09-15-2003).]

Old 09-15-2003, 02:46 PM   #5
Veteran

southern_mom33 HB User

Orquidea Thank you so much for answering this post for me while I was away.I would hate for someone to think I wasnt going to help them...Thanks sweetie...

aeello I hope my story helps someone.As Orquidea said I also got my Z3 at GNC and I use wal marts carb cutter.Just listen to your body and see if works for you and if you do start them start out taking 1 a day and work up.And I found out one of the best things I added was my free day to go out and eat and not feel guilty.Best fo luck if you have anything else you would like to ask just ask away..
Best of Luck
Dee

Old 09-15-2003, 07:14 PM   #6

aeello HB User
So day one on zantrex...took two before lunch and couldn't finish halfway through...drank half my body weight in water....had an "enchilada dinner" which I make with tomato sauce (low sodium) brown rice (instead of tortillas) 2%colby/cheddar mix, light sour cream, and chicken...delicious. I had to have a handful of min vanilla wafers tho...

Old 09-15-2003, 08:56 PM   #7
(female)

Orchidz HB User
Wink

You're welcome, Southern_Mom. Actually, I'm glad that I could help somewhat...

Alexis, I don't know if you doing fine. What type of diet are you following? Are you counting calories? Because the dinner that you described sounds so good to me... yummy! I cannot have that one for the rice or tortillas... I'm on the atkins. Also, I would like to know how do you feel after taking two pills together. I haven't been able to take two together yet. I am taking this pill slowly Z3. I'm new taking diet pills so I dont want any bad reaction. This is my 3rd week w/Z3. And I'm taking two, one before bf and one before lunch.

And today I went to the gym. One hour cardio, and then one hour pilates.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Austin for work. I hope that I dont fall out of the wagon. I will try to keep focus.

Ciao,
Orquidea

[This message has been edited by Orquidea (edited 09-15-2003).]

Old 09-16-2003, 06:39 AM   #8

aeello HB User
Day 2 is a pain in my ***.
I'm really not trying any sort of diet (besides eating well) b/c when I deny myself, it usually does not end up well. Mostly I eat low fat, with lots of fruits and veggies. The worst thing about yesterday was I did not eat enough calories, so I had a turkey sandwhich with mustard, low fat turkey and low fat swiss cheese on one slice of wheat bread after 7 o clock. I'm really trying not to snack after I've eaten dinner.

I did Atkins right after Thanksgiving and during the first of this year--lost 20 lbs. But I got so tired of not being able to eat corn! I'm trying to keep my calories between 1200 and 1500 a day and drinking lots of water. I've figured I have to drink a gallon a day to keep myself hydrated. I have noticed that after taking these pills I get very full quickly, so it hasn't been too hard keeping to that limit. I made one boo boo yesterday of taking the pills after 2 pm....too much energy...had to take a long soak in the tub to get me ready for bed. So I've taken 2 this morning with my 285 cal breakfast and will take 2 today at lunch (maybe one...depends on how I feel about then)

That meal is right up your alley save for the rice and tomato sauce. Maybe you should try it with brown rice (a little is not too bad). Another quick meal is Progresso or Swanson's makes excellent flavored chicken broth. The one with garlic is great and the garlic helps to boost your immune system. I'd have a good size bowl of that and then snack on beef jerky afterwards. Atkins is so easy and yet so hard at the same time. Good luck and stick with it b/c it is rewarding.

alexis

Closed Thread