It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2003, 08:06 AM   #1

aeello HB User
Post Increased Water

when increasing your water intake, does anyone know how long it takes for your body to get used to it and stop having to pee all the time? It's annoying! Twice an hour I have to go void. I remember now why I don't like to drink lots of water b/c I can't stand having to void so often...

Alexis

Old 09-16-2003, 08:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
I know what you mean. Roy says to drink half of your body weight per day in water. thats 85 oz for me. drinking all that water makes me queezy also. I think thats the idea to go to the bathroom often.
sorry dont know anymore then that...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2003, 08:25 AM   #3
Inactive

Houdini HB User
I can't speak for everyone, only myself - but my body just doesn't get used to it. Fortunately I must have a big bladder because I'm not going quite as often as you... but still, for me to go even 7-8 time a day is a lot, and it drives me nuts!

Old 09-16-2003, 08:31 AM   #4

aeello HB User
I thought I was the only one who got queasy by drinking too much! I try to always eat something when I drink large amounts....otherwise, I just sip. I plan it so that I drink large amounts 5 times a day (when I wake up, after breakfast, before lunch, before dinner and before I go to sleep)

Old 09-16-2003, 08:33 AM   #5

FlingWing HB User
Lightbulb

Not just for weight loss, but always - we need to drink 1/2 to 3/4 oz. of water per pound of body weight per day - more if you sweat! I was told by a vocal coach that we should drink enough water that our urine is clear! ( We actually used to sing "I can pee clearly now, the rain is gone...")
And he said we should have to go about every 2 hours. That's 8 times a day!

Old 09-16-2003, 10:53 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

chipmunkis HB User
I drink approximately 94 oz. per day. I carry around a large water bottle and sip all day long. I never drink "large amounts" in one sitting (unless I am terribly thirsty) and my body has gotten very used to it. In fact, I tend to get thirsty if I am not drinking constantly. I do go to the bathroom frequently, but I don't let that bother me! :-)

Closed Thread