It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 07:51 PM   #1

MrAlan HB User
Post Tips to increase metabolism?

Anyone know how to increase your metabolism?

I know working your large muscles (weight training) increasing your metabolism even at rest. Caffiene also increase it.

Any other tips?

Old 09-11-2003, 03:43 AM   #2

Jolieanna HB User
I always hear that Chromium Picolinate is a good supplement for inc. metabolism, but I have always been a skeptic when it came to all those "vitamins" so I am not sure. Maybe you could look that up and check it out. Also, you are definitely right about the weight training. That is probably the most helpful and healthy way to do it.

Oh and..eating smaller meals (i.e 5-6) more frequently through the day, INSTEAD of larger ones (2-3) throughout the day is another way

[This message has been edited by Jolieanna (edited 09-11-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 12:40 PM   #3

kgjm772 HB User
If you aren't opposed to diet shakes try the enzyme diet... I have lost 5 pounds in 6 days and it also increases your metabolism as well as keeps your body from going into starvation mode...

Old 09-17-2003, 01:50 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cuddledumplin HB User
Eating spicy foods can speed up your metabolism by creating a thermogenic burn. Conversely, drinking 8-10 glasses of very cold water can help you burn an extra 200 calories per day. Food is better metabolized if you eat 5 or 6 mini-meals over 3 large ones (Europeans do this, and they are slimmer than Americans). Make sure you take a multivitamin because vitamin and mineral deficiencies can make your metabolism sluggish. Working out early in the morning can keep your metabolism going all day. Eating plenty of fiber fills you up and makes food pass through the gut faster so that you may not absorb all of the calories. Most importantly, don't starve yourself because that causes a loss of muscle mass which slows your metabloism. I'm sure that I left something out, but if I think of anything, I'll post it later.

Closed Thread