It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 12:51 PM   #1
(female)

Robbit HB User
Post CLA Updates? (Sept. 15-21)

Hi everyone: Thought I would start a fresh thread for everyone one to post on for their CLA results this week?

I was up 3 lbs last week ( I am at goal weight so trying to maintain.) I was really strict with my diet and made sure to do my exercise even if I was too tired--and also switched over the weekend to the 1000mg CLA (I was using the 600mg--and could feel and see the differnce!) I lost the 3lbs and It feels better to be back on track.

I wonder about the connection between the Atkins users using CLA and them having stomach upset? I have to say that the only time I have had stomach upset or diahrrea was after eating a very fatty (deep fried) meal. I assumed my body was just not used to the food anymore, but maybe the fat is just too much? Hmmm, we will have to see what you ladies on Atkins and trying CLA have to report?

There are some of you reporting seeing a difference in your body tone, a leaner look and I have to say that is exactly what I noticed first. I am very lean now--not skinny. So look forward to that result when you get down to your goal--and you will!

How are YOU doing??

Robbit

------------------
SW 148 (Sept. 02)
CW 110
Used CLA

Old 09-15-2003, 01:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

chipmunkis HB User
i haven't been taking CLA since I started Atkins 5 days ago... I am just focussing on watching the carbs and not caving in, so the last thing I want to worry about is remembering to take a pill. Maybe I'll start again when I'm past induction?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2003, 05:47 AM   #3

blondie24 HB User
I started taking CLA yesterday (3000 mg) and I had no stomach upset or problems sleeping. I am on a low cal diet. I will weigh myself on Friday morning and post my results.

SW-140
CW-132
GW-115 (By Thanksgiving)
5'2", F

Old 09-16-2003, 05:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Hi Everyone, it will be one week for me on the CLA and I really havent noticed any difference yet.
still the same weight. I did stop taking it at bedtime and Im taking my third pill after dinner.
Wasnt sick in the stomach this morning. Im on atkins but am not eating anymore fat then I did befor so I dont know.
Im walking every day I was doing 3 miles but it was too much for me . if I do a mile or a mile and a half every day that should be ok right ??
Hope everyone is doing well. have a good day.

Old 09-16-2003, 06:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Forgot stats

SW 186
CW 171
GW 160

Almost there. Last 10 are very stubborn.

Old 09-16-2003, 06:39 AM   #6
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
i read on a site it says not to take after dinner?

Old 09-16-2003, 06:57 AM   #7
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
I had been following Atkins and taking the recommended dosages of Cla but not noticing any weight loss. I'm wondering if it's due to the high amount of fat allowed on Atkins. I'm going to switch to low fat, low carb and see if it makes a difference. I'll keep everyone posted.

Here's my reasoning behind why cla may not work with Atkins (I could be wrong!)

Cla contains the fatty acids that are found in red meat and high fat cheeses. Those of us on Atkins are already eating those foods--so you would think that we are already getting enough cla. Add supplemental cla pills and we should be lean muscle machines right? Maybe too much isn't always a good thing! Like I said--I'm going to do a little experiment and switch to low fat, low carb to see if it makes a difference! So, stay tuned!!

Jen

Old 09-16-2003, 08:00 AM   #8

caramel42 HB User
Hello everyone. my very first post in this forum.
after reading all the posts about CLA, i decided to give it a try. today i ordered a bottle of CLA 1000mg from Puritan's Pride. On the label it says it is safflower oil, not sunflower oil so i believe them. i don't live in US, so it was kinda hard to find the one that i was looking for~~ i really hope it works on me... i've been having a very bad results on weight loss these days :<

Old 09-16-2003, 08:05 AM   #9
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
gl cara!

jennie: come join us on the low carb, low fat thread.

Old 09-16-2003, 08:25 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Hi Cara welcome to our thread. Im takeing the cla with the safflower. thats what you are supposed to take. good luck with your diet. whichever one you choose there is a site here and a lot of support for you so come and join us ok.

Old 09-16-2003, 10:02 AM   #11

JennyG HB User
Hi everyone,

I guess everyone is truly different. I started taking CLA from 9/6/03. It is 10 days from then and I have lost 4 pounds along with my Atkins. I don't feel any stomach upset about taking it, not even in the morning. Actually I felt nothing wrong from CLA. But I do feel light headache during the day because of Atkins ( I guess.)
I took 3~4 pills everyday ( 1000 mg, bought from GNC) Last pill is taken before bed. Do cardio every other day and eat Atkins ( high protien, moderate fat and super low carb)

So my experience about taking CLA with Atkins is positive and no side-effect at all. I would keep posting and hope everyone all do well.. Hang in there..

---------------
HW 244
SW 206 (8/25 Atkins)
CW199
GW 145~150
CW 200
GW 150 ( by the end of this year)

Old 09-16-2003, 10:14 AM   #12
Inactive

girlygirly HB User
jennielynn,

I don't think the Atkins diet has anything to do with you not having weight loss. The reason many people are deficient in CLA is because it isn't as prevelent in meat anymore due to how the animals are fed by giving them grains as well as hormones and anitbiotics. Unless you are eating beef that has been fed grass and is organic, you will not be getting too much to inhibit your weight loss.Even if you are eating orangic you can still have results.I don't think CLA is something you can overdose on. Orangic grass fed is all that we eat and my fiance has increased his muscle mass and lost fat around the middle. And...we are on a diet that consists of whole foods, whole raw milk, whole cheeses, whole grains,ect.....

Perhaps it is metabolism, not the atkins diet that is preventing the desired results. Good Luck.

Old 09-17-2003, 05:00 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Hi just checking in. one week for me on the cla. I havent noticed any change yet. basically the weight is still the same. Walking a mile and a half to 2 miles 5 days a week. I think Im going to stop and buy some light weights on my way home tonight. cant do much as I have a problem with my right arm (may be carpul tunnel) so I probably can only do 3 lbs. I tried to pick up the 5 lb ones in the store and it hurt my arm.
guess Im a weakling.
Hope you are all doing well and seeing some changes with the CLA.
Take care

Old 09-17-2003, 05:12 AM   #14
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
girlygirl: thanks for the advice! I thought that maybe metabolism could have something to do with it to--I'm just not sure. Anyhow, I'm not giving up on it yet. I've just decided to add a few more good carbs: in the way of fruits, veggies, and milk; while trying to keep the fat a little lower: by staying away from bacon, sausage, and alot of the processed stuff. We'll see how it goes. I'm willing to do anything(within reason of course) to be at a healthy weight for me!

Jen

Old 09-17-2003, 05:14 AM   #15

~jennifer~ HB User
Question

what is CLA anyway......

Closed Thread