It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2003, 08:03 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post Thanksgiving Challenge 48!

this is the thanksgiving weight loss challenge from 9-1- 11-30 to see how weight we can lose. all are welcome to join in!

Old 09-16-2003, 08:19 PM   #2

mommyoftwo HB User
i wasnt even going to post anymore tonight but I had to be first!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2003, 08:19 PM   #3

Wendy16256 HB User
Wooo Hooo!!! Am I first!

Wendy

Old 09-16-2003, 08:21 PM   #4

Wendy16256 HB User
Darn ....I guess not...lol!

Old 09-16-2003, 08:22 PM   #5

mommyoftwo HB User
I beat ya Wendy!!! LOL

I typed really fast!

Old 09-16-2003, 08:23 PM   #6

mommyoftwo HB User
well goodnight everyone, sleep good!

Old 09-16-2003, 08:46 PM   #7

mandy32 HB User
Well today was a bad day for me....the whole diet concept went out the window today.
To make a long story short, hubby and I got into it and I took comfort in food.
It's sad how comforting a "dingdong" (the food lol!!!) can make a person feel. lol
I guess I will try again tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone and congrats to all that did good today!

~Mandy~

Old 09-16-2003, 09:55 PM   #8

cleo cat HB User
Hi everyone,
I posted another thread about feeling let down because I don't look like a model yet (just kidding... http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif )
Hopefully, you guys will be able to help me keep my spirits up about my diet. I am doing the carb addict diet & have lost about 3 pounds so far.
Thanks to whoever started this thread as a place to check up on everyone!
Cleo

------------------
SW 160
CW 157
GW 145 (for now)

[This message has been edited by cleo cat (edited 09-17-2003).]

[This message has been edited by cleo cat (edited 09-17-2003).]
CW 156.5
GW 145 (for now)

Old 09-17-2003, 03:10 AM   #9
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Only 8 hours and 20 minutes left! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 09-17-2003, 04:41 AM   #10
Inactive

Whirl HB User
Morning AP!! and EVERYONE ELSE!

AP: I loved your story about your sapphire earrings and Dr. S. noticing them...that means he's more observant than MOST males!!! (GOOD FOR HIM)

Well, well, TODAY is the day! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif Please give him a BIG hug for me . . and tell him I said it is b/c he is so good to you!!! He really deserves recognition for being such a real and sincere person...not just a doctor!!!

As you all know Isabel is on her way and right over my house! I live JUST 30 miles from Carteret County, Morehead City/Atlantic Beach, NC where the storm is going in. There is mandantory evacuation there this morning. With the rain and the water surge due to the winds my house will be surrounded by water! We are five feet off the ground so hopefully we won't have flood damage! The winds will be another story as we have trees everywhere!

Unfortunately we made reservations at a hotel here in town for Thursday night b/c thats when the storm was initially going to hit..... and the winds will start around 10PM TONIGHT...so we're not SURE exactly what we are going to do now..as there are no rooms anywhere for tonight! We don't want to be too far from home b/c we want to get back here the minute it is safe.....

I'll check back in later...I'm starving... I think its sausage and eggs this morning. LOL ---I love sausage!
I NEED my strength to get my brain working (LOL) so DH and I can discuss what are possibilities are!

BBL!!

Old 09-17-2003, 04:52 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Good Moring everyone,

Whirl, I will say a prayer for you and all of you in that area.

Im in NJ so hopefully we will not get it too bad. No one really knows whats its going to do. wish it would just go away. (hurricane Isabel for those of you in other areas) is heading for the east coast.

Other then that Im down 1 more lb.
everyone take care and please keep the people in the NC area in your prayers. and every other other that is going to get hit from the thing.

Old 09-17-2003, 05:02 AM   #12
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
good morning!

well, im still sick! sicker, actually But i did have chinese food and ice cream cake last night! yum!

Old 09-17-2003, 05:03 AM   #13
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Good morning my friends! How is everyone on this fine day??? I'm just sitting here sipping on my protein shake (yummy--I made it with blueberries today!!!) and thought I'd check in! I'm taking the kids to school this morning because my youngest goes to the book fair today and wanted me to go along. So, that will take up some of my morning; then I plan on coming home and exercising before I have to pick him up at 11:30. I promised him that we would rearrange his bedroom today; so that will be my afternoon!!!

Snoopy: I can relate when you talk about running the kids here & there! Don't you just wish that sometimes you could be in 2 places at once??? Tonight the girls have choir and they are in 2 different age groups. Luckily, practice is at the same place but one is at 6:30 & the other at 7. All this running is usually doable until spring when softball starts. Then we've got Girl Scouts, chior, 4-H, softball--plus my classes. The girls are in diff. troups at 2 different places (same night/same time) and 2 different softball teams!!! Makes it kinda hard when they start playing games. Oh well, what's a mother for? When they are all grown up we'll miss all this running around!!!

AP: How are you today??? Bracing for Isabel or could it be a birthday???LOL I'm sending happy birthday wishes your way and go away wishes for Isabel!!! I've a question for you to: go figure! But you are the expert here!!! I'm giving low-fat, low carb a try. Since I had been doing Atkins so long; I've forgotten how to calculate the number of fat grams I should be consuming. I already know that I should be eating around 1200 calories but as for fat I'm basically at a loss. Maybe you could give me a formula to go by? Any help would be greatly appreciated, of course!

Sorry I dont have time to address everyone personally! So here's a big hello and (((hugs))) to all my friends!

Oh, got a little story for you. This is especially for you who think that you can't be overweight and still be healthy. I went to have my hair done last night--my BIL's girlfriend does it. Anyhow, a couple of weeks ago she came to my house and wanted to borrow my Windsor Pilates tape. I'm not using it presently so I gave it to her. When I saw her last night; I asked her how it was going. She said that she barely made it through the basics tape and only did it once. Then she precedes to tell me that she got "more than enough" exercise pulling weeds in her flowerbed for an hour that morning--that her back was just killing her when she was done and she could barely move the rest of the day. Now, this girl is short--but she is stick thin & very petite. BTW--she has no history of back problems. Now I'm sitting in the chair thinking (and it could very well have been the hair dye seeping into my brain--LOL)" I'd rather be a little overweight and healthy anyday--than to be that thin and miserable from pulling a couple of weeds!!!" Just goes to show you that thin doesn't necessarily mean healthy. Sure, she's thin--but she's far from physically fit! The poor child can't bend over to pick a weed and straighten back up!!!! Anyhow--just had to share. That little episode really made me feel good about my plump lil' body!

Well,I guess I must go; almost time to get to school. Can't be late!!!! Have a good one; I'll BBL!!!

Jen

Old 09-17-2003, 06:02 AM   #14
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
lmao mommy!

Old 09-17-2003, 06:02 AM   #15
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
lol, sorry wendy... mom 2 beat ya 2 it

Closed Thread