It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2003, 11:07 AM   #1

Determined2Lose HB User
Talking Hi! I'm new!

Hi everybody!! I'm new here! I am 18 and weigh 176 and I am 5 5 1/2. My goal isn't really a specific weight because honestly I don't look my weight and couldn't imagine losing 40 pounds of me to see the scale read 136 as I wish it would. But I'm thinking of being a size 7 more realistically (I'm a 14 or tight 12 now). I did Atkins before when I was up to 199 and lost alot on that, I went down to 163. But I started eating more lately, especially bad late night binges. Anyways, now I am doing Xenadrine (started yesterday). I hope it works cause yesterday it didn't kill my appetite at all. Also, I am trying to walk. Around 1 mile to almost 2 miles about 3 to 4 times a week so far. Ideally I want to walk 2 miles 5 days a week but I hate exercising alone and it is hard to coordiante schedules. But that's me! I figured I would join to post my progress, encourage others, and get advice and inspiration. Good luck everybody!

------------------
We can do it!!!

Old 09-17-2003, 11:18 AM   #2
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
Thumbs up

Welcome!! We are glad to have you.
My name is Amber. I am 25 and almost exactly what you weigh..I was 186 when I started this a few weeks ago, because I had a baby 3 months ago. even before her I was like 170. I want to weigh 145. Thats a good weight for me as I am very muscular. I dont look like I weigh 170 right now..by the way..since I have joined this bord I have lost 14-16 lbs in about 3 weeks. Im doing really good here. We have challeneges that we give our selves..like the thanksgiving day challenege and we also do no cheat weeks..(when we cant eat any bad stuff) Both of those have worked good for me, also reading up on the low carb/low cal/low fat diet thing..any post by Andreaohillip is good reading... She has alot of knowlege on things..So anyways..Welcome here, and I wish you great sucess! Come join us on the no cheat thread if you need any motivation!! Thanks!
-Amber

[This message has been edited by amberseattle (edited 09-17-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2003, 11:54 AM   #3

ChicagoChris HB User
Hi determined. I'm new, too. Just jumped on board last week. It's a great group here!!

I see you're from SC. Are you getting pelted with the weather yet?

I'm a little older (36) and weight a lot more, but these boards have really helped with my motivation.

Old 09-17-2003, 01:25 PM   #4

noelle23 HB User
hi determined,
I'm going to be 23 next tuesday and i have 2 girls 3 and almost 10 months. I've tried everything, every diet pill just about.. I did try xenedrine and it didn't work for me at all. I'm on my 3rd day of the mayo clinic diet, my grandmas lost 50pounds on it.. so i'm seeing if it works for me. i feel bigger though for some reason. i've never ate this much meat before in my life... anyways i was thinking about trying trimspa.. go to trimspa.com for details it got anna nicole smith back to her modeling weight.. so i don't know.. anyways, just thought I'd say hi!!

Old 09-17-2003, 01:27 PM   #5

noelle23 HB User
hey amberseattle:

how did you loose the 15 pounds?I've got 50to loose.

Old 09-17-2003, 03:09 PM   #6
Veteran

posie HB User
Hi determined,

My name's Rose and I have 3 kids: girl (10), boy (7), girl (4). I'm 33 and 5'7". I have about 60-70 lbs to lose http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif .
Start Weight 220 +
Current 205
Target 130-140

WELCOME to the boards . I'm fairly new too (4 days).
You've found a great place to be. Everyone here is great about supporting each other and know a lot of tips for losing weight.

Have a great day http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-17-2003, 03:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

chipmunkis HB User
Cool

Welcome to the Boards! I have been here for a few weeks now, started on sept.11 with Atkins, and have gotten awesome support here. I know you will too! Everyone here is in the same boat, some have more or less to lose than others, but I think our goal is the same, to get to a healthy weight that makes us feel and look good!

Old 09-17-2003, 07:32 PM   #8

MoBell195 HB User
Woooooo! You're in Irmo! Even though my profile says Anderson, I live in Columbia now! Go Midlands SC on the weight loss trail!

Old 09-17-2003, 07:42 PM   #9
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
hi Noell,
Im doing a low fat/low carb/ low calorie diet. Its very strict, but its working. I also take suppliments.
I started by doing 800 calories for like almost 2 weeks, but i felt like crap, I asked my doc, and she said to eat like 1200 (along with advice of andrea phil) so I upped them and started to eat a tiny amount of fruit, and started to feel much better..I feel awesome now and get excited to look at the scale each day! My menu is mostly Atkins food products, but I dont eat the fat they allow in that diet. I eat thinks like chicken and zucchini (alot) and I have cereal called hi low. (hi protien-low carb) and I use Almond milk instead of cow milk. I dont eat cheese, or any dairy for that matter. I eat beef, not too much pork, Tuna, egg beaters, and squash. I dont use butter, only weight watchers butter spray. i also take a carb blocker whenever I do eat any carbs. I use ****** to count calories. I also eat alot of seafood. Lobster tails and crab..They are cheap here like 2.99 lb.
I take chromuium, and CLA, and Kelp, Papaya enzymes, Blue green algae, and use suppliments from the cybergenics diet. they have a free manual on their web site..its called vitawise (if I can say that) Follow that food guide and you will have success. just stay away from carbs and fat and you'll do fine.
Good luck and I hope that helps!

Closed Thread