It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2003, 08:44 AM   #1

2boys'momma HB User
Post 3 day question

Do I absolutely have to eat everything the diet calls for? For instance (I started today) and I had the tea and toast with peanut butter but I just didn't feel like grapefruit, so I skipped it. Is this bad?

Old 09-16-2003, 09:02 AM   #2
Inactive

Houdini HB User
I don't think so. Some people say the 3-day diet is supposed to have some sort of chemical breakdown that causes you to lose weight. I don't think that's entirely correct. I make substitutions for some of the foods & still lose weight. I think it's more of a calorie reduction than a chemical breakdown. Besides, now you have something to snack on later if you get hungry! Hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by Houdini (edited 09-16-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #3

2boys'momma HB User
Thanks Houdini. Another question...does everybody lose weight on this? Do you know of anyone who hasn't? I ask because I am the only person I know who gained weight on the Mayo AND on Weight Watchers. Weird...I follow it to a tee and I'm shocked and amazed when I gain a pound a week! GGGGgggrrr...

Old 09-16-2003, 02:13 PM   #4
(female)

jenniscott77 HB User
I did the 3 day last week and lost 2.5 lbs. I really liked the diet, I felt full most of the time and still lost a little. I was only looking to loose a couple of lbs and this diet did it. Good Luck!!

------------------
Jenni Scott

Old 09-16-2003, 02:35 PM   #5
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by 2boys'momma:
Thanks Houdini. Another question...does everybody lose weight on this? Do you know of anyone who hasn't? I ask because I am the only person I know who gained weight on the Mayo AND on Weight Watchers. Weird...I follow it to a tee and I'm shocked and amazed when I gain a pound a week! GGGGgggrrr...
Sorry to hear the Mayo diet & WW didn't work for you! I hate to say it, but no, there's no guarantee you'll lose on this diet, either. Every diet works differently for every person. I can't imagine how you'd gain anything on this diet, but you may or may not lose. But what the heck - it's only 3 days long, so you may as well give it a shot, right? Good luck!

Old 09-16-2003, 02:49 PM   #6
Veteran

posie HB User
I've heard that some people's bodies go into starvation mode and so it kicks into low gear and hangs onto every calorie. Maybe it's too strict for you. Hope you find something that works. (Atkins is working for me and i'm never hungry or have cravings)

GOOD LUCK

Old 09-16-2003, 03:41 PM   #7

2boys'momma HB User
Thumbs up

I think you're right Posie. Too little food does send your body into starvation mode. I think that's probably why I gained on WW. It was really more food than I was used to eating. And I quit (6 weeks in) before my body could figure out what to do! I wasn't hungry and had to actually force my "points" in. There's got to be some middle ground! This is the end of day #1 for me, on the 3 day. Wish me luck!

[This message has been edited by 2boys'momma (edited 09-16-2003).]

Old 09-17-2003, 08:48 PM   #8

blondiebiker HB User
the diet is set up to also help with insulin levels, so it is important to have the grapefruit but I have substituted 4oz of unsweetened juice instead of the grapefruit iteself.
Also, it is only 3 days, more of a cleansing sort of thing and a jump start to help you get going on losing weight and water...
it takes longer then 3 days for your body to hit starvation mode, but you body definately after time gets used to what you put in it, whether it be a lot or not enough so you have to give it a chance to get used to your new ways ...often plauteau's will come and then you have to alter things a wee bit to kick start the body back into gear of losing...
our bodies get used to being heavier and don't always want to let it go as fast as we would like...but it comes with time and dedication.
you can alter some things on the 3 day, but try and follow as close as you can as the foods put together are done so for a reason.

Closed Thread