It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 02:04 PM   #1
Veteran

posie HB User
Talking 5lbs in 5 days WOOOHOOO

Day 5 of atkins (again) and lost 5 lbs so far! I'll continue to post my progress. If anyone has tips, go ahead and post.
USUAL DIET LAST 5 DAYS:

B-FAST - atkins shake, multi vit, atkins dieter's advantage, essential oils (omega 3, 6, & 9), l-glutamine, l-carntine. SICK OF EGGS!

LUNCH - sndwhch no bread. Meat, cheese, mayo (little), lots of lettuce (green leaf), tomato, pickle, bell pepper - shake (if i'm real hungry) multi, dieters advantage (it's herbal) OR Taco salad minus beans & shell if i'm on the go.

DINNER - Protein (chick, fish, meat), med salad w/ dressing, green beans w/butter. Low carb bread sometimes (don't care for it much though) OR taco with low carb tortilla.

SNACKS - sunflower seeds (the kind ya crack), jerky, cheese cubes, celery w/ cream cheese, tuna salad wrapped in lettuce (sometimes cheese), atkins pb chocolate bars (filling)

BEVERAGES - anytime herbal tea, hansens diet (splenda), lots of water

TREATS - sugar free treats (splenda, maltitol etc.) occassionally. My cravings are gone so I don't eat many treats right now

I know ya'll could care less what I'm eating, but here it is anyways At least I can watch my progress.

Old 09-15-2003, 02:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
WTG posie!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

you're doing great!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 04:49 PM   #3
Veteran

posie HB User
Thank ya vry much (elvis impression)

Old 09-16-2003, 11:24 AM   #4

aeello HB User
have you tried just a big bowl of whipped cream? No jello, just get yourself a can of redi whip and squirt yourself some in a bowl..sprinkle a little splenda on top (not like it needs to be sweeter) and voila! a simple and simply fufilling dessert.

Don't forget beef jerky!

Alexis

Old 09-16-2003, 11:55 AM   #5
Veteran

posie HB User
MMM. Yea! I've done great so far today too! Tues:
shake w/ vitamins (not hungry)
sunflower seeds (addicted)
Turkey sandwhich (no bread) Big one too
shake w/ more vitamins
I'm totally full!!!

now for dinner...who knows?!

I have tried the whip cream thing only I buy heavy cream and whip it myself and put splenda in it so it has no sugar at all. Sometimes I put flavorings in it like chocolate syrup (no sugar) or lemon, or pineapple. It's a GREAT dessert!

Thanks for reminding me (i haven't had it for a while)

I need to go shopping and stock up on eatable stuff for me.

I'm using ketostix and they're turning dark pink (moderate) already! Next step-purple.

1 1/2 hrs at gym also http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

[This message has been edited by posie (edited 09-16-2003).]

[This message has been edited by posie (edited 09-16-2003).]

Old 09-17-2003, 03:30 PM   #6
Veteran

posie HB User
DAY 6
thought I gained 1 lb but scales are faulty (I guess). Still at 205 which is just fine with me (for now).

Went to gym for 1 hr (I am soooore from yesterday)
Now off to the shower I go

[This message has been edited by posie (edited 09-17-2003).]

Old 09-17-2003, 03:38 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

chipmunkis HB User
Doin' good posie! I have a ? for you or for anyone here in B.C. who might know... Where can I buy ketostix, and do I have to ask the pharmacist? I haven't bought any, but I am thinking maybe I should.

Old 09-17-2003, 03:46 PM   #8
Veteran

posie HB User
chipmunkis,
I just buy mine at Raleys (grocery store) They're $11 for a bottle of 50 here in Sac. You don't need an RX just look in the pharmacy section of the store. You could ask the pharmacist if you can't find them.

Good luck! I love using them because they give you immediate feed back. Very motivating

Old 09-17-2003, 11:29 PM   #9
Veteran

posie HB User
I FEEL SOOOOOO AWFUL! I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been in HIGH anxiety mode most of the day and practically panicking. I'm nauseous and jittery. Could it be the ********* green & beige I took earlier? I've taken them before and they gave me no problems. They don't have ephedra in them, but man do I feel lousy. Every minor problem feels like the world falling down around me today. I can't sleep or even sit still.

I have panic disorder but it's been under control for quite some time. Maybe this is just a flare up? I don't usually feel this bad during the day though from panics. Only in the middle of the night do I wake up with panics.

AF is overdue so maybe that has something to do with it. HEEEELP I may be up on the boards all night trying to distract myself. Sorry if I bug ya!

Old 09-17-2003, 11:37 PM   #10

Determined2Lose HB User
Talking

Rock on!!! That's awesome!! I lost 30 pounds on Atkins, it DOES work... I also have 2 aunts who have lost ALOT of weight on it and are still doing it which is the point of this, DON'T QUIT ONCE YOU GET SKINNY like I did, because I kept the weight off for a while but I went back to my bad eating habbits. Atkins in life long, not a tempoary thing. Losing alot of weight fast is very encouraging but dont quit because it will come back!!! Good luck!!!

------------------
We can do it!!!

Old 09-17-2003, 11:42 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

chipmunkis HB User
Unhappy

Aww, posie, sorry you're feeling lousy... I hope it isn't anything serious Try to relax if you can (maybe a cup of camomile tea?). Does exercise help at all, maybe pilates or yoga? Sorry, just trying to think of something that might help you feel better....
Hang in there!

Old 09-18-2003, 12:03 AM   #12
Veteran

posie HB User
Thank you chipmunkis - you're such a sweetie! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif

I finally gave in and took a pill (it's kind of like valium). I try to avoid them but it IS helping. I'm calming down now. I think It's just stress and stuff.

I'll be o.k.

You know, i think I do have some chamomile tea. I'll go make some

[This message has been edited by posie (edited 09-18-2003).]

Closed Thread