It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2003, 05:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Post Dr Phil show

Hi is anyone watching the Dr Phil show. He picked the 12 people to do the diet. Its interesting and funny I think you guys would enjoy it.

Old 09-17-2003, 05:08 AM   #2
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
I taped it last night and am looking forward to watching it when I get back from school this morning! Dr. Phil has turned into my "treadmill buddy"!!! I usually set the VCR to tape his show everday--most of them are really interesting. It beats the other talk shows out there: how many times can we stand to see " I slept with 15 guys & don't know who the father is"? That seems to be all that the other talk shows do anymore- except Oprah. I used to like Montel but his show has seemed to follow the others; although once in a while he will have something on that's worth watching! DOn't get me wrong; I'm not a talk show junkie--I just like to tape the interesting ones to watch while I'm on the treadmill. We have the Dish network on the tv in the livingroom & bedroom but not the basement!!!!

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2003, 05:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Hi Jen, you can be my dr phil buddy. I really want to see what he is going to do with these 13 people that he picked. they showed previews and they re already complaining they want the junk food back. I thought each of them really wanted to lose the weight. he moved them all into a house together.
it should be interesting.

Old 09-17-2003, 05:48 AM   #4
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
jen, when is this show on? is this his regular show?

Old 09-17-2003, 06:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Its his regular show and its on at 5 my time but he is doing this weight loss thing as a special.

Old 09-17-2003, 09:18 AM   #6
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
It's also on at 5 p.m. my time too! And Sue; I'd love to be your "Dr. Phil Buddy"!!!

I has just enough time this morning to watch yesterday's episode before going to K to pick up my son(while walking on the tready!) I laughed, I cried, but most of all--I became inspired. One comment really made me breakdown--when he told the stay at home mom "If you really love your kids; you will take care of their mom!" Even just repeating these words brings me to tears! I realize that I would do anything for my children--I'd give my life for them. Which is exactly what I'm going to do if I continue this rollercoaster of diets that I've been on! It's not just about "losing a few pounds" for me anymore. It's about becoming stronger and healthier not just for me but for my family. I've got two daughters that I should be setting an example for. I'm 32 and not getting any younger. I know that I will never look like I did in high school. That's not what I'm trying to achieve.

I thought that I could identify with several of the people that were picked for the challenge. i think that alot of the weight I gained stemmed from my relationship with my hubby. Not that we don't have a great relationship because we do. With him being a truckdriver; he was constantly in & out all the time and I know that I used food as a replacement for that affection that I was missing. Now that he is just working at the terminal and has a reg. shift; I find that it's easier to stick with a healthy eating plan--because he's home to give me that attention that I crave. It sounds funny but is a very valid point for me. Our relationship over the past few years even has strengthened tremendously and I think that it has helped alot with my "being able" to stick with a way of eating more consistently. It's funny how things like these can affect other aspects of our lives!!!

I was so glad that he picked that guy from the radio (with the aerobics instructor wife). When I first saw them on the show on Monday--I was ready to strangle her scrawny little neck! She was so unsupportive of him--admitting to who knows how many people that he was unattractive to her and she didnt even no if he could make it through Dr. Phil's challenge. I know that Dr. Phil was trying to be civil towards her but my advice to him would've been " if you wanna lose 100 pounds really quick----lose her!!!"LOL i'm really not a mean, vindictive person but she just rubbed me the wrong way! I hope he loses the weight and I hope that she looks back upon this show and is truly ashamed of her behavior. I can understand that some people may need a little "tough love" to get them going but please!!! She should be there to love and support him no matter what!!!!

Okay; I've rambled long enough! I'm going to stay tuned to the weightloss challenge. I may even go buy the book. I saw it at Sam's club the other day for $12--I'm kicking myself in the butt for not getting it!!!! I'll have to check walmart!!!

Jen

Old 09-17-2003, 10:05 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Jenny , to me the guy on the radio really didnt seem like he wanted to do it. like someone had to talk him into it. When you see the previews of the coming shows you will see them fighting and wanting the junk food back. I couldnt believe it as I thought they all were really into it.
we will see. Have fun watching. Im anxious to see exactly what they are going to do to lose it.
I dont think some of them are going to make it.
I was glad he picked that last lady #13. I felt sorry for her.
talk to you later.

Old 09-17-2003, 11:03 AM   #8
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
I was trying to watch that show..
I am in Seattle...duh..if you watch it at five then, its on at 2 here?? I think..so like a weirdo..im sitting in front of the tv at 5?? Hello
Oprah's on..and then the 5 oclock news..
lol
I cant believe I did that.
So I will try again today
wish me luck.

Old 09-17-2003, 11:26 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Hi Amber, yes you are three hrs ahead of us but I would check your tv guide for the time so you wont miss it again. I dont know if the whole show is going to be about these people or if he is going to give dialy updates. the new season of the show started on monday and mon and tues was about the weight loss.
enjoy.

Old 09-18-2003, 04:55 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Sorry Amber, I mean we are 3 hrs ahead of you. Big help I am. I dont know what time it is either

Closed Thread