It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2003, 05:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Post Hurricane Isabel

Hi Im in Nj but I dont think that we are supposed to get the hurricane as bad as some people in our shore area and the people in North Carolina. For all of those people that are in her path I just wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers are with each of you.
Hang in there and hopefully there wont be much damage.
Im sure you will be in all the prayers of everyone on the board.

Old 09-18-2003, 05:55 AM   #2
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
ditto sue,im in ny& they say its not gonna as be as bad. i pray as w ell

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2003, 07:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
Ditto me too!! I hope Whirl makes it to the hotel alright, I know she is right in the middle of it!!

WHIRL - BE SAFE!!!!!! We hope you can come home soon and that all is well!!

Old 09-18-2003, 09:53 AM   #4
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
I too am praying for Whirl and those in North Carolina and Virginia. We are in Pa--but in the path of Isabel. We've had alot of rain lately and although we aren't directly in a flood area---the ground is so saturated already that any rain will just run off. That's not good news for the trees and electric/telephone poles in the high winds. It's already getting windy; around 25 mph gusts and the storms not supposed to reach us until early morning. So, who knows what we'll awaken to--those of us that will be able to sleep!

I just returned from the store-they say canned tuna is the perfect meal if you don't have electric! it's good that I like it! My hubby doesn't but we have a gas grill with a side burner so we'll put that to good use if we have to. My inlaws have tractor powered generator so we may have to take turns running that if the power is off for an extended period of time.

WE anchored everthing down last night so all that is left is to wait and see!!!

Thinking of you all~

Jen

Old 09-18-2003, 10:22 AM   #5
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Prayers coming from northern NY! We're expecting rain, but I haven't heard whether we're supposed to get much wind. I hope not - I have one HUGE old tree that's very close to my house, and I really don't want it to end up in my living room!

I don't worry any more about losing electricity. After the terrible ice storm we had a few years ago, we purchased a generator & have it hard-wired into a welding outlet in our garage. All we have to do it start it up, and we've got enough power to get by. And my oven uses propane, so I can either cook on that or the barbecue. God knows I have to be able to cook - I need my food!

Whirl, I hope you and anyone else who may be in your area stay safe - please keep us updated when you have a chance, so we know you're ok!
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 09-18-2003, 11:08 AM   #6
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
thoughts and prayers with all here as well!

im not sure where i stand with isabelle! its so fuzzy around here which parts will get what...

sue - im in jersey too, morris county. so i think its mostly south right? sandy hook and south? i have not taken anything in from outside, but im starting to think i should....

Old 09-18-2003, 11:13 AM   #7

Snowkitten HB User
I too hope everyone STAYS SAFE during this storm!!! I heard things have gotten pretty bad in North Carolina I hope everyone on here whos from NC are ok!!!

Houdini, I'm in upstate NY too...Dutchess County. We're supposed to get rain and wind. Not sure how strong the wind's supposed to be or how much rain. Just gotta wait and see I suppose! I can just see myself being blown acrossed campus tomorrow walking to my classes LOL!!!

------------------
<3 Shannon
18 5'3"
SW 156lbs.
CW 138lbs.
TG GW 125lbs.
CW 125lbs.
TG GW 115lbs.

Closed Thread