It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 06:51 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post Low carb low fat eating 3

for those of us eating low fat/lowcarb/low-cal

Old 09-15-2003, 06:53 PM   #2
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
Thumbs up

Im here..I love this thread. Im all the way a low carber!! I cant stand bread stuff now..I feel terrible when I eat it. I used to ba a carb addict..now I just feel guilty when I eat them..like what a waste of calories. Im glad I can have this attitude now..it was so hard the first week...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 07:02 PM   #3
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hi amber! i like my carbs sometimes(wh my phaseo of course!) but i prefer protein.

Old 09-16-2003, 05:47 AM   #4
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
bump

Old 09-17-2003, 06:36 AM   #5
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
bbumpin this for jennielynn:

Old 09-17-2003, 06:50 AM   #6

Autumn26 HB User
hey guys, just wanted to post here about the atkins peanut butter cups. YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!! I had them for the first time yesterday, and they're terriffic!!! I know that AP doesn't like them, though! I thought they tasted just like the real thing! I was having a serious chocolate craving, and happened to be at Walmart, so I picked up a package. There's like 12 or 13 grams of fat in them though, so I don't think I'll be having them too often. That's almost a whole days worth for me! Plus I had had a low carb bar for breakfast yesterday which has about 9 grams of fat...so i went waaayyyy over the limit! But since I'm taking trimspa as well, I figure one (or two ) days like that will be ok) Which reminds me I have to order another bottle of trimspa. better go do that! (I have lost another 5 pounds so far with this bottle that I'm about to finish up next week! wooohoooo trimspa!!!)
Love ya all!
Autumn

Old 09-17-2003, 09:25 AM   #7
Inactive

stabmaster HB User
just thought i'd let y'all know that i'm going to Costco and getting 2 crates of those kirkland egg beaters, and a big ol' thing of Foster Farms boneless/skinless 99% fat free chicken breasts. I can't beleive i finished off the last round of this stuff in 2 weeks! for low carb low fat low cal, you can't beat this stuff. My reward: 188 pounds this morning! I had to measure it 3 times to beleive it.

SW: 260
CW: 188
GW: 174 / 10%BF

Old 09-17-2003, 09:38 AM   #8
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
MMMMMMM.....chicken and egg beaters; sounds good! I've tried the egg beaters before and they are delicious with salsa!!!!! Plus, I'm a chicken person so that suits me fine!

This morning I had a protein shake: protein, skim milk and fresh blueberries. I'm about to eat lunch but still undecided as to what! Dinner is going to be soft tacos (chicken of course :smile with some type of veggie. I plan on having the tortilla so I'll skip the rice today!
Happy eating everyone!

AP: thanks for the bump! If you can give me some ideas for lunches--I'd appreciate it!!

Jen

Old 09-17-2003, 10:15 AM   #9
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
lol autumn. no i dont

congrats!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2003, 10:19 AM   #10
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
HI STAB!

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie! what up girl? those beaters way too much salt for me i separate the whites out of real eggs.

jen ya asked about lunch: i know it aint gonna sound like rocket science or anything but a lean grilled beef patty, chicken, turky, tuna, bh ham, egg salad with m,ostly whites& maybe a yoke made wh lite miracle whip(very tasty 2 g fat serving)

Old 09-17-2003, 03:05 PM   #11
Inactive

stabmaster HB User
yeah with most of the low fat low carb foods (turkey, shrimp, chicken) you get high cholesterol, and usually the toppings/marinades are high in sodium. I keep track of that and still manage to stay well under 3000mg of sodium per day. the trick is not adding salt to anything, and keeping an eye on those marinades/sauces!

Old 09-17-2003, 03:19 PM   #12
Veteran

posie HB User
Hello party people http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

Sounds like everyone's doing fab. !

I just had a taco bell taco salad minus beans and shell. Plus an atkins shake. I'm not very hungry today. Breakfast was a shake too. (I wonder if I'm coming down with something?)

I'm in a crummy mood cause the lady I watch has a daughter (who lives with her) and she asked me to scrub her tub today(YUK, I mean you should see it ). We had a small confrontation because THAT'S NOT IN MY JOB DESCRIPTION! I'm a big wimp when it comes to standing up for myself

OH WELL, I'll just have to get over it huh?

Still doing good exercise/diet wise. Haven't cheated (except for 1 bite of ice cream cake last nite).

[This message has been edited by posie (edited 09-17-2003).]

Old 09-17-2003, 04:30 PM   #13
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by stabmaster:
yeah with most of the low fat low carb foods (turkey, shrimp, chicken) you get high cholesterol, and usually the toppings/marinades are high in sodium. I keep track of that and still manage to stay well under 3000mg of sodium per day. the trick is not adding salt to anything, and keeping an eye on those marinades/sauces!

totally!

Old 09-17-2003, 04:32 PM   #14
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
good job posie! its possible yre gettin somethin. its goin round..... everyone i know has bad cold.

Old 09-17-2003, 07:14 PM   #15
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
poor posie..Id be irritated too..thats grooddyyy!!
I have issues with tub scum..lol
Im a weird clean freak about the bathroom, but I dont like to touch other peoples tubs, toilets, etc..I think because I have a 10 year old son..and that alone lets you know enough..yuk! I dont know whats wrong with boys that age..they are so cute clean and cuddly then they turn 10. The dirty draws age..lol
I hope ya feel better
anyways..I guess that doesnt have much to do with a low carb thread..
I like the low carb diet..it works wonders!
I recommend it to everyone! Especially people who are carb addicts. It will change your life.
Good luck folks

[This message has been edited by amberseattle (edited 09-17-2003).]

Closed Thread