It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2003, 08:46 AM   #1

Sassybrat HB User
Talking new poster

Hi everyone i have been reading these boards for a mth or so but just joined..i have enjoyed reading and sharing your experiences with you all..EXCEPT i have quite a lot more weight to loss then alot of you so i was hesitate at first to come out of hiding..(years of hiding myself experience) I have been on a *lifestyle change* since feb 25th of this yr and so far i have lost around 60 pds i was 400+ pds but as of august 1 i was 347 so that was quite an accomplishment for Me..totalling up all my inches from all over i have lost 23 (arms,waist,hips,thigh.calf) i still cant weigh myself on a scale so i have to do my body measurements until i can get down to 300lbs...which i am Praying will be by the thanksgiving/christmas season..
i'm not really following any sort of plan just trying to watch what i eat and drinking my 64 oz of water a day..
but i am fading fast on my motivation..and i guess i am really searching for HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP to keep me motivated and losing this weight...
Thanks for letting me Jabber away....(my nick shoulda been jabberjaws)~laugh~

Old 09-16-2003, 08:56 AM   #2
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Welcome to the board, Sassybrat! I'm glad you found us! Wow, what an inspiration you are - you've lost so much already! Honey, don't lose your motivation now, you are on your way!!!

Why don't you try joining us on the Thanksgiving Challenge? Our friend AP (AndreaPhilip) http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif sets it up for us, and starts a new thread each time the previous one starts getting full (that's why you'll see #45, #46, etc.). You just choose a goal that you want to reach by Thanksgiving, and choose the method you're going to use (Atkins, counting calories, exercising, etc or your own personal method). Log on & post your progress as often as you have a chance, or post your questions or concerns, or just pop in to say hello! We'd love to have you join us!

You should be proud of that 60 lb loss, that's wonderful! Keep up the good work, ok? Stick with us, and you'll get lots of inspiration from the others on this board - there are tons of great people here!

By the way, you're not the only jabberjaws around here - I don't think I've had one short post since the day I joined!

[This message has been edited by Houdini (edited 09-16-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2003, 09:00 AM   #3

segdoh HB User
You lost 60 pounds this year so far - that's fantastic. You say you have changed your lifestyle and you need motivation. Just list all the positives you have accomplished - I am sure you can think of many (for example: perhaps you can walk further than you could a few months ago before running out of breath). All these positives are aslowly but surely adding up to make you healthier and fitter. So draw up that list of positive changes and now think of one or two more short term goals to be your next changes (perhaps there is a certain piece of clothing you want to fit into, or you want to be able to walk for x minutes before you reach your limit for that day).

A small improvement here, a small improvement there ... it all adds up.

Old 09-16-2003, 09:06 AM   #4

chubby_lil_chick HB User
Well put Segdoh

WELCOME SASSY and CONGRATS on your WEIGHTLOSS!!!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2003, 11:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
Hi Sassy
Welcome to the boards. congrats on your weight loss that is great. Now dont you go and lose your motivation. how could you lose it after 60 lbs. thats wonderful.
stay with us on the board and keep us posted with your progress. We are all in the same boat and we will all lose together.
we are here for you.

[This message has been edited by suej1946 (edited 09-16-2003).]

Old 09-16-2003, 12:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

chipmunkis HB User
WOW! That's SO awesome....I am struggling after losing only 6 lbs, I can't imagine the determination it has taken for you to get to where you are now! You are an inspiration to me, and I hope you keep yourself going, because you deserve to reach your goal!

Old 09-16-2003, 12:26 PM   #7
Veteran

posie HB User
DITTOS! Impressive! I have about 65 to go. I doubt I'll be there by Thanksgiving, but I'll definately be closer!

KEEP IT UP! YOU CAN DO IT http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

Old 09-16-2003, 01:17 PM   #8

Sassybrat HB User
Wink

Wow...Thank you all so much ...i dont think words can express how much i appreciate your words...and you're right of course...I have come to far to let go of my determination now...
I have been overweight all my life but i reached the point of saying I'm not going to do this anymore..I hate being FAT..
I have accomplished so many mini goals since i have started (fitting in a pair of jeans i hadnt fit in since i got married 3 yrs ago..being able to have martial relations that we CAN have now and just feeling and looking better then i have in a long time) I have a LONG LONG road ahead of me I want to lose at least another 180!! thats a WHOLE person and that seems so danting that it makes my head spin sometimes but i just have to divide it up into smaller mini goals that i can reach and arrive at the bigger (or shall i say SMALLER picture)

Old 09-19-2003, 07:36 PM   #9
Inactive

sjg2752 HB User
Talking

Sassybrat,
I think it's wonderful all the weight you have lost. I have a long way to go also. I have been on the Atkin's diet.I've been on it 18 weeks now & have lost 57 lbs. I want to lose about 138 lbs. more. The inches are sure coming off. Hang in there & don't quit! You're helping me also to stay motivated. I'm glad you took the plunge as I did,and posted on the boards. Good Luck!! & Hang in there! We'll make it!!
sjg

Closed Thread