It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2003, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

cynindc HB User
Post question for notgiving up

Hi Notgiving Up:
I've read your posts on here about TrimSpa and was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions about it. I purchased a bottle (with ephedra) and have been taking it for a couple of weeks but I am confused about the dosage amounts. I've read on several sites the recommendation for taking it 5 days on and 2 days off...did you do that? Also, how many times a day did you take it? Did you do the full 3 a day dosage?
By the way, I have really appreciated getting to read all your posts about trimspa and your dieting success -- keep up the awesome work!
Thanks!
Cyn in DC

Old 09-13-2003, 12:04 PM   #2

Autumn26 HB User
Hi cyn...

My name is Autumn...and I used to go by NotGiving Up. Unfortunately I was having troubles using that name on here so I had to change it. But, to answer your questions about Trimspa:
I didn't do the 5 days on, 2 days off thing...I hadn't actually heard of taking it that way. I took the full dosage every day for 12 weeks. Lost tons of weight. They say you shouldn't take it for longer than 12 weeks at a time, because your body gets used to it, plus, with the ephedra, you shouldn't take that for too long I suppose. So I stopped taking it altogether for 12 weeks. Currently I'm taking it again, I'm into week 2 or so. I'm hoping after this 12 weeks is up, I'll be at my goal.
I never had any side effects from the ephedra, no jitters, nausea, or anything like that. I just had a ton of energy. The only thing I'm extra careful with is not to do any really strenuous exercise while I'm on the "rush" of energy. With all of the athletes who have died, I'd rather play it safe. So I always wait at least an hour or sometimes 2 before I do any exercise.
I'm glad you've learned a lot from my posts!! I hope you have WONDERFUL success with trimspa!! Please, keep me posted on how you're doing! How much are you looking to lose?
Good luck!!!
Autumn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 08:50 AM   #3
(female)

cynindc HB User
Thanks Autumn for the quick reply!
I am hoping to lose about 50 pounds.
I just starting taking it a few weeks ago and have actually only been taking 2 a day (max), but am getting ready to up it to the full dosage. So far I've lost 9 pounds.
I was a little nervous about the pills at first so I was starting off slow. But so far, I have had absolutely no side effects or problems so I am going to go to the full dosage.
I am thinking of taking one around 8 AM, the next one around noon and the third around 3. Is that about what you do?
Again, thanks for all the helpful info! And congrats again on all your success - I will keep you posted on my weight loss!
Cyn

Old 09-15-2003, 02:33 PM   #4

Autumn26 HB User
Hi Cyn! You're gonna lose 50 pounds in no time! And yes, that's almost exactly how I take the pills too...I take one around a.m. the second around 1 and the last around 5. For awhile, I couldn't take them that late, because I'd stay up too late, but now it's no problem. I take it a little later because I always would do most of my eating after dinner, and this way, I don't get hungry between dinnertime and bedtime. Seems to help me to avoid the cookies and ice cream!!
Did you get any of their other products? Like the Carbo spa or lipo spa or the water tablets? I bought the carbo spa once, but I still have most of the bottle left. I just can't remember to take them in time...Right now I am finishing up a bottle of the water pills. I don't know if they've done a thing for weight loss, though. I don't think I'll pay the $20 for them again! Just the regular ol' Trimspa works great on it's own! Have you changed your diet/exercise at all? Are you doing any specific diet plan? Just curious!
Again, GOOD LUCK on the weightloss and keep us all posted, okay?
With Love,
Autumn

Old 09-16-2003, 06:20 AM   #5
(female)

cynindc HB User
Hey Autumn...
Thanks for the encouragement!
That is a great idea taking a pill around 5 to curb the late night munchies... That is always a problem for me too...I will definitly try that! In fact, I am going to start today with the 3 pills a day dosage!
I have been counting calories and exercising daily for a while now...and have had some success but I found myself feeling hungry a lot and having trouble controlling my appetite...which is why I decided to try the pills and they are definitly helping out there.
I'm not on any specific diet, I just keep track of what I eat in a little notebook and count calories. When I reach my calorie limit, I just stop eating (obviously the pills are helping this process a lot!). As far as exercise, my rule is to just do something every day I alternate between swimming, yoga, weights and Tae-Bo...
How about you? What kind of program are you doing?
Take care and thanks again for the info,
Cyn

Old 09-16-2003, 06:28 AM   #6
Inactive

Houdini HB User
LOL, Autumn - I never realized that you and NotGivingUp were the same person! Well, whaddaya know!

Old 09-18-2003, 07:51 PM   #7

Autumn26 HB User
hey guys! SOrry it's taken me so long to get back to you on this thread! I've been crazy at work!
Cyn: I'm not on a specific plan either, really. I was just eating low fat and low calorie, but recently began also low carb. I know, doesn't sound fun, huh? hahaha Actually, it's getting easier! As far as exercise goes, I do some type of cardio every day. With a few exceptions, of course...hahaha (Like today! ) My most favorite is Tae bo! So I was excited to read that you do it too! Which tapes do you have? I have the 30 minute basic workout and the 60 minute advanced workout and the 8 minute workout. I love the 30 minute one. I usually do it twice. The 60 minute tape is too hard...I know that sounds strange, since 2 30 minute tapes is the same as one 60 minute tape...except that the advanced workout has much more complicated moves that I just can't seem to keep up with!! Tell me what you think!
I just ordered 2 more bottles of trimspa online. They usually arrive pretty quickly, but I'm afraid I waited too long to reorder and I'm going to be without any pills for one or two days. I'll have to be extra careful those days, especially since AF will be here on Monday!! yikes!! I checked a couple drug stores but all they sell now is the ephedra free version. Grrr....
But keep up the good work! Have you started taking 3 pills yet? What about taking the last one around 5:00? Have you tried that? I hope you weren't up all night....let me know how you're doing!! Have you weighed yourself at all yet?
Houdini:yes it's me!! hahaha one and the same. The board had a little problem with something that I posted I guess, and I was banned. So I changed my username.
Talk to you both soon!
With Love,
Autumn

Old 09-22-2003, 06:22 AM   #8
(female)

cynindc HB User
Hey Autumn!
My favorite Tae Bo tape is the 30 minute basic "Get Ripped" series...it is so much fun! I liked the original basic tape also but I must admit that the "Get Ripped" version is even better... I end up smiling the entire workout.
I started taking the 3 pills a day - including one at 5pm - and have had no side effects! I've been getting to sleep at a regular time, and finally able to control my late night binging! Yipee!
I have not weighed myself since starting that, but plan to do so on Friday. I will let you know what the results are!
How are things going for you? Have you run out of pills yet? How is that going?
Take care!
Cyn

Old 09-22-2003, 06:03 PM   #9

Autumn26 HB User
hi cyn! I'm glad things are going well for you so far! Yes, i have run out of pills...but I've ordered more (2 bottles this time...I got smart!) and they should be here any day. So I'm just letting my body take a short break from all the pills...but I'm still exercising and eating well. (or, pretty well.. )
Can't wait to hear how it goes when you weigh in on Friday!! I'm sure it'll be great news. I'm going to look into the tae bo tape that you have. I really like mine, and if there's one that's even better, I'm all for it!
Well I'm exhausted today...not sure why! Too much excitement the last couple days I think! (Although I'm certainly not complaining!) Anyway, I am going to head to bed for the night! Kepp up the gooood work and keep me posted!
With Love,
Autumn

Closed Thread