It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2003, 03:09 AM   #1
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Post 3-day diet: Day #3 (9/17/03)

Good morning! Woooooohooooooo, day 3 is here! Hope everyone did well yesterday. I did cheat a little, but not too bad - a couple pieces of licorice and two extra crackers at lunchtime. I'm going to try hard not to do it again today, though!

Have a great day 3, everyone!

Old 09-17-2003, 05:35 AM   #2

2boys'momma HB User
Angry

Houdini,
it's day #2 for me and believe it or not I've gained 3 pounds. Is that even possible? How could I possibly gain 3 pounds in 3 days? Any clue? Yesterday was day #1 and I didn't cheat at all. I'm going to see this thing through, but I tell ya...frustration is at an all time high this morning! GGGgggggrrrrr...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2003, 08:24 AM   #3
Veteran

posie HB User
Hi Houdini & momma,

Sorry to hear about the weight gain. I gained 1 lb too. Can 1 bite of cake w/ ice cream do that? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif That's the extent of my "cheating". H had his b-day yesterday so he had ice cream cake. I had 1 bite...that's all!!!

Well, let's not let it make us feel bad. Keep it up and eventually our bods will catch up. And if nothing else, we learned that we DO have will power

SO LET'S GET BUSY http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 09-17-2003, 09:05 AM   #4

ChicagoChris HB User
I stepped on the scale a day early, too. although no gain, no loss, either.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a celebration day!!

Old 09-17-2003, 09:13 AM   #5

2boys'momma HB User
I just don't think it's possible to have gained so much so quickly...even if I had been eating crazy, which I haven't. I started AF on Sunday, so I certainly thought I'd have lost after that. Especially since I didn't have my normal 3-5 pound gain before Af started. Make sense?

Old 09-17-2003, 09:15 AM   #6

DANAH HB User
HEY EVERYONE - I GOT ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING AND AM DOWN 3 POUNDS TOTAL. HOPEFULLY IT BE BE MORE TOMORROW. I DRINK ALOT OF WATER ON THIS DIET. I KEEP A PITCHER FULL AT MY DESK (2QTS). I TRY TO HAVE IT HALF DRANK BY LUNCH AND SOMETIMES HAVE A COUPLE OF MORE CUPS ON TOP OF THAT. ANYWAY THE WATER HAS HELPED ME - YOU ALL MIGHT TRY THAT. GOOD LUCK AND WE WILL SEE WHAT THE FINAL IS IN THE MORNING.

DANA

Old 09-17-2003, 12:38 PM   #7
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Hi everyone! I haven't had a free minute to check in since this morning - what a crazy day at work! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

2boys'momma: What kind of scale do you have? Are you sure it's accurate? I used to have an old scale with a dial. If I leaned forward & put my weight more on my toes, then backward with my weight on my heels, there was a 5 lb difference! So I bought a digital, and reads the same no matter how I stand on it. Could that be what's going on? Sorry about the 3 lbs, I just can't come up with another explanation!

Posie: You gained, too? Geez, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone gaining on this diet! I really doubt that one bite of cake caused the gain, unless your 1 bite was the size of several whole pieces! Maybe tomorrow you'll see a loss - hope so!

Chris: Well, at least you didn't gain like the others - maybe tomorrow you'll see a bit of a loss. Good luck!

Dana: Congrats on your 3 lbs! Yes, maybe even more by tomorrow. I haven't been on the scale yet, so hopefully I will see a loss too.

Be good this evening, everyone!

Old 09-17-2003, 12:43 PM   #8
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
Thumbs up

Hi Houdini
I did pretty good on this 3 day diet..I think it was a total 3-4 lb loss! I dig it!!
Wanna do it agian? Let me know..
Thanks! Amber

Old 09-17-2003, 02:49 PM   #9
Veteran

posie HB User
O.k. Houdini, My mouths not THAT big http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Turns out that 1 lb is coming and going today (am I obsessive or what?) I must have a faulty scale or something. I wish I could afford a dr. scale that's very accurate. I guess it doesn't really matter if in the end I lose the weight. huh?

Got back from the gym (only 1 hr) I'm sore from yesterday (300 crunches-ouch) I gotta remember I'm basically starting over again.

I guess I lost 3 lbs total? Something like that. I was already losing before I started so maybe I slowed down by the time I did it (3 day)?

Well let's keep up the momentum anyways, It's (the fat) bound to come off eventually

Old 09-17-2003, 06:22 PM   #10
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by amberseattle:
Hi Houdini
I did pretty good on this 3 day diet..I think it was a total 3-4 lb loss! I dig it!!
Wanna do it agian? Let me know..
Thanks! Amber
Hi Amber! Glad to hear you did well! Sure, I'll do it with you again - as long as it's on weekdays (I take weekends off! ). Just let me know when you want to start.

When I do it next time, I'm going to sort of formulate my own diet - basically I'll set up menus for each day that include foods I really enjoy, plus snacks between meals, but limiting the calorie intake each day to maybe 1,100. I did substitute some foods this time around so that I ate only foods I like, but I'll get tired of it if I stick to the same menu every time.

It will be pretty much like when I was counting calories awhile ago, except that I'll plan my meals ahead of time. Right now, I'm finding that I need something planned out like that, because I'm not eating well when I don't have a planned menu. Hopefully it will work!

Anyway, congrats on your loss!

Old 09-17-2003, 06:27 PM   #11
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by posie:
O.k. Houdini, My mouths not THAT big http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif
Ha ha, I hope not! Although I'm pretty sure that mine is!

Quote:
Turns out that 1 lb is coming and going today (am I obsessive or what?) I must have a faulty scale or something. I wish I could afford a dr. scale that's very accurate. I guess it doesn't really matter if in the end I lose the weight. huh?
Glad your pound went away today! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

Quote:
Got back from the gym (only 1 hr) I'm sore from yesterday (300 crunches-ouch) I gotta remember I'm basically starting over again.

I guess I lost 3 lbs total? Something like that. I was already losing before I started so maybe I slowed down by the time I did it (3 day)?
3 lbs is great! Congrats!!! Does your gym have a scale you can use? They usually have the dr's office kind - that would save you the $ of buying a new one, and save you the worry over whether yours is correct. Anyway - great job, posie!!!

Old 09-17-2003, 06:34 PM   #12
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Today was so hectic for me! I did well this morning, no cheats. Had a hair appointment at lunchtime, and the stylist was running behind - so by the time I got back to my office, lunchtime was over & people were swamping me with work. I'm doing all sorts of graphics displays for a celebration our company is having this weekend, so there's all kinds of last-minute flurry - "Should we change this?", "Should we also do this?", and "Oops - forgot to tell you we'll also need these."

Anyway, instead of sticking to the lunch I was supposed to have (toast & an egg), I had about 8 or 10 reduced fat Triscuits. No big deal, that would have been fine. But at around 3:00 when I finally got a break for a couple of minutes, I went & ate the toast & egg. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

I did stick to my dinner, though. So I guess even though I cheated, it could have been a lot worse! I guess I really need to allow myself a mid-morning & afternoon snack - it really helps get me thru the day.

Haven't weighed myself yet - I'll do that first thing tomorrow morning, then I'll start one final 3-day thread for posting our results.

Have a great night, everyone! Thanks for doing the 3-day with me!

Old 09-17-2003, 07:00 PM   #13
Veteran

amberseattle HB User
Cool! How about next Monday? Im taking this weekend off too!! Yeay me! I havent done that for about 3 weekends. well..maybe one or 2 bad days.
but I like the idea of you making a different menu. Fill me in on it, I will follow it too.
Thats a great idea!
Hi friends!

Old 09-17-2003, 07:15 PM   #14
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by 2boys'momma:
Houdini,
it's day #2 for me and believe it or not I've gained 3 pounds. Is that even possible? How could I possibly gain 3 pounds in 3 days? Any clue? Yesterday was day #1 and I didn't cheat at all. I'm going to see this thing through, but I tell ya...frustration is at an all time high this morning! GGGgggggrrrrr...

2b....... some ppl do gain on low carb plans thats why some of us need low fat low carb plans.

Old 09-17-2003, 09:33 PM   #15
Veteran

posie HB User
Houdini,

I forgot about the gym's scale http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif I'll check myself tomorrow and keep track there (of course it probably weighs me heavier than mine does )

Have a good night all.

Closed Thread