It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2003, 02:47 PM   #1

clairetha HB User
Talking I am losing hope

I have tried every diet on the market I think LA weightloss, nutri-system,slimfast,Eatless supplements, special-K ceral. I am taking the Leptoprin SF and a product called Relacore it release stress and give you energy. so far I have not seen any results.I am exercising a little I just cant stick to nothing long. Last night I order the fiberthin. someone told me to try thyro-start maybe its my thyroids that causing me not to lose this weight. I am 30 years old 3 kids i got a birthday in March I smear I dont want to be fat I have time to lose the I just got to get a plan that I can stick with.Do anyone have any ideals.I can use it.

Old 09-25-2003, 04:13 PM   #2
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Welcome aboard claire! if you think that it's your thyroid--maybe you should be tested. How tall are you and what is your current weight; if you don't mind my asking? And why do can't you stick to an exercise program; is it because it's time-consuming or because you just don't like it? If it's the latter--I suggest trying different activities to see if there's something you enjoy doing. In the beginning; it doesn't even have to seem like exercise; just make sure that you are moving constantly and aren't just sitting around--any kind of movement helps. As far as dieting; different things work for different people. Maybe what you need to do is try to develop a way of eating instead of a diet. Making little changes in your eating habits can add up to big benefits. What are some of the reasons why you can't stick to a particular diet? Sorry for all the questions; I'm just trying to get some more info to see if I can be of any help! Looking forward to hearing more about you!

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2003, 09:45 PM   #3

clairetha HB User
Hi everyone; Thanks jen for replying my weight is 193 to 198 pounds it goes up and down. I am 5'2 and medium built. This morning I weight 199,thats the most I ever weighed.I guess over the weekend trying to eat with the family is going to stop especial when its mc donald's uh. I am just tire of diet all these diet products,they hype up their products like their going to work for me I so desperally want to lose weihgt I beleave them and order the product. Most of the time, you see no results ,then you start all over again.Tonight I made up my mind I am not happy with body, everything else is really fine for the first time I have a man that loves me I married him,He has a good job I have beauiful kids nice home I am staying at home with my infant son rightnow he's 10 months. I will be going to college in Jan major in nursing. So if can see besides the kids geting on my nerve a little bit just a little stress sometime everyday life am happy. My weight is what making me so unhappy. before having childred, I weighed 125 to 135 still overweight for my height but I looked so so good I guess because am medium built I looked smaller then I weighed. but had the men falling all over me. because I got these hazel eyes and big dimples. I guess thats why am so sad because am use to geting attention, now I dont get any attention my husband say I still look good but even talks about how I looked when he first met me. He dont even realize he's saying it but I do because am so senitive right now because of my weight.But tonight I have decided I wont be 200 LB and only 5"2 tall I wont let myself become that depress.PLESE reply back to me talking to all of you give me hope to keep trying because their are other just like me. I love you all and wish that you can overcome your weight problems too.

Old 09-26-2003, 03:38 AM   #4
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Gee Claire, we have alot in common. We are about the same height; I'm 5"3 approx. Right now I weigh 145. I'm trying to get down to 125 by Nov 27th--that's when we leave for Disney!!!! I too am going to school--majoring in Nursing! What a coincidence!

Right now I'm doing Atkins. I've done it before and lost weight; but have fallen off the wagon and stalled. Yesterday I began again. I know that with Atkins I can lose the weight. I just have to be concious of my choices and realize that this is a way of eating. Never can I go back to eating tons of bread, pasta, sweets and so forth.

But my biggest revealation(sp?) is coming to grips with the fact that I've been chosing to be "fat". I don't have to be this way and I'm chosing not to anymore. If you think about it---losing weight is something that we CAN change about ourselves. We can't change our eyecolor (except with contacts of coursr--LOL) we can't change who we are or where we come from. But, we can change the way we view ourselves and how we take care of ourselves. And the fact that we have a loving hubby & kids gives us a reason to reach our goals. We can't take care of them if we can't take care of ourselves.

I was watching Dr. Phil and his weightloss challenge the other week when one comment he said struck me---he was talking to a stay at home mom. He told her that if she REALLY loved her kids; she would take care of their mom. That is so true!!!!! And what kind of example are we setting for our daughters? I have 2 of them. I don't want them to see that mom is a failure--mom's are supposed to do anything!!!! I want them to grow up being comfortable with themselves; not having negative body images because mom is always battling with her weight. We are wasting precious time that should be spent LIVING!!!

I'm looking forward to chatting with you again claire. You've taken the first step; now let us help you with the rest!

Chat again soon!

Jen

Old 09-26-2003, 05:07 AM   #5
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Hi clairetha! Welcome to the board! I'm sorry you're getting discouraged with your weight loss struggles - you're in the same boat as many people here. I think the hardest part about losing weight is just finding a program you can stick to.

First... let me say that I agree with Jen - you should get your thyroid checked. If there's a problem with it, that could be preventing you from losing.

Have you considered just trying portion control? It might be a good way to start. I read somewhere (maybe on this board) that you should use your fist as a guide to help determine how much to eat - take portions the size of your fist. Or just try the "eat half" diet - where you eat everything your normally would, only you eat half as much. Either of those might be a good way to get yourself started.

I'm with Jen on the exercise thing, too - are you having trouble finding something you enjoy? Maybe you could do something that involves your kids, like walking - pushing a stroller at a brisk pace would be great exercise! Whatever you do, try to get into a habit of doing it 3-4 times per week. Start off with 15-20 minutes, and work your way up to longer times, maybe 45-60 minutes.

Try not to get too discouraged - you can do this! Set small goals for yourself, maybe 10 lbs at a time. It's easier than looking at the whole picture at once. Hang around on this board, too - you'll find tons of knowledge, inspiration and motivation here. Good luck!

Old 09-26-2003, 07:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
Yeah island queen, sell more people desperate to lose weight another crap program, nice job.

I agree with everyone else. If you don't want to be fat, you will do something about it instead of making excuses. The biggest excuse I used was, "I'll start tomorrow" (don't know how many hundreds of times I said I'd start "tomorrow")

It's a huge pity party. Only YOU control what you put in your mouth. No amount of excuses will cut it. "I can't stop eating", "I eat out of boredom", "I stuff myself and feel bad later" bla bla bla. I've said them all. Get a grip on yourself. YOU control your food! The only person holding you back is you.

No one ever said it would be easy or fun. It's harder than hell. You can't eat whatever you want ever again. You can't pick up fast food because it's easier. You can't eat a bag of chips because you're bored and be mad later than you did. You can't eat everything in the house and complain later that you'll "start tomorrow".

Sorry that I sound like such a bummer. I am bummed out. I've lost all my weight and am SO DARN SICK of thinking about food every single day of my life. But you know what? When I was fat, I hated myself and thought about food every single day of my life. Nothing has changed but one thing: It's a HECK of a lot better to think about food every day since I only weight 121 as opposed to when I weighed 156. That keeps me going every single day.

My advise would be, quit having the pity party and get on the stick. YOu're not some weakling that can't say no to chips and fast food. You ARE a person who can say no to all that. You ARE a person who can eat to live and not live to eat. Yes you are. It is in you. Good luck to you. I know it's a struggle and one that will NEVER end.

Old 09-26-2003, 08:18 PM   #7
Inactive

sjg2752 HB User
clairetha,
Welcome! I hope you find the right diet for you. I know it's hard for everyone with a weight problem.But don't give up! Maybe you could ask your Dr.if he,or she could recommend a diet for you. Plus get a blood workup before you start anything to see if all is well with your thyroid etc. Many people will help you here as much as they can. They are nice people.Some a lot nicer than others! Take Care! Hang in there ,and don't stop writing on the board. Everyone here will help you if they can! Best Of Luck To You!! sjg

Old 09-27-2003, 01:11 AM   #8
Inactive

madara HB User
Hmm how about you tell all of those scammers off with diets from them you tried by doing best one?
clairetha diet!
Spend whole heck of alot time on internet researching
how your body type works,the importance of excerise and some of ones you actually like to do get you movitated in begginning.
Everytime your reading something where someone wants you buy something you just click that X on top right of screen! There is just way too many people out there making money off other people in desperate situations with no true product to help them.
This is golden age, internet is vast source of free knowledge. Educate yourself with what new now know about health issues to better combat wonder pills, miracilous no effort and well advertisign products.
You maybe surprised that you need no money at least to start, nothing more then whats in your heart and some space on floor

Old 09-28-2003, 05:03 PM   #9

island queen HB User
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Lindarella:
Yeah island queen, sell more people desperate to lose weight another crap program, nice job.

I agree with everyone else. If you don't want to be fat, you will do something about it instead of making excuses. The biggest excuse I used was, "I'll start tomorrow" (don't know how many hundreds of times I said I'd start "tomorrow")

It's a huge pity party. Only YOU control what you put in your mouth. No amount of excuses will cut it. "I can't stop eating", "I eat out of boredom", "I stuff myself and feel bad later" bla bla bla. I've said them all. Get a grip on yourself. YOU control your food! The only person holding you back is you.

No one ever said it would be easy or fun. It's harder than hell. You can't eat whatever you want ever again. You can't pick up fast food because it's easier. You can't eat a bag of chips because you're bored and be mad later than you did. You can't eat everything in the house and complain later that you'll "start tomorrow".

Sorry that I sound like such a bummer. I am bummed out. I've lost all my weight and am SO DARN SICK of thinking about food every single day of my life. But you know what? When I was fat, I hated myself and thought about food every single day of my life. Nothing has changed but one thing: It's a HECK of a lot better to think about food every day since I only weight 121 as opposed to when I weighed 156. That keeps me going every single day.

My advise would be, quit having the pity party and get on the stick. YOu're not some weakling that can't say no to chips and fast food. You ARE a person who can say no to all that. You ARE a person who can eat to live and not live to eat. Yes you are. It is in you. Good luck to you. I know it's a struggle and one that will NEVER end.

Hi Linda,
See, this is the same kind of response that would discourage people.
I am very hurt that you assumed that I am selling a "CRAP PROGRAM". In fact i live in the Bahamas and I am not selling anything. Also, I did lose weight and inches in 10 days. This program have and is still working for hundreds of persons here.
P.S. Your comments makes sense, but come on you don't have to be so harsh...We're here for encouragement and to help one another..not to point fingers and criticize.

Old 09-28-2003, 07:34 PM   #10

moon-hee HB User
spoken like a true lady island queen.linda why dose your tone sound so angery and not understanding for someone who has been thur this.you might be at your weight,but what good is that if you are fighting to stay there and are so unhappy. for give my bluntness but this is what i hear. pleae be happy, and understand eveyone has a different way of getting there, and need are support. its ok to agree to disagree but we can be kind about it. i am happy for you and you reaching your goal wt. good luck clairetha. and thank you island queen for you help.

Old 09-28-2003, 07:54 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
Sorry if it sounds harsh. Reality bites sometimes. What you put in your mouth is totally controlled by you and you alone. I thought my post was well thought out. Losing weight and KEEPING IT OFF is one of the hardest thing you can do. Encouragment is wonderful, the truth is equally as wonderful.

For the life of me I can't see where suggesting that someone actually try and control what they eat is discouraging, but to each his own.

Old 09-28-2003, 08:46 PM   #12

sillynilly HB User
yay lindarella!I really found your post to be extremely motivational .It's true I have used those excuses millions of times but in the end it will only be me who will determine whether I will lose weight or not. I could try every program under the sun, but it won't work at all if I am not willing to bite the bullet and battle my way to that happier skinnier place :P.

clairetha! Don't give up hope yet. I agree w/ everybody else to get your thyroid gland checked, and also additional blood work, such as that of PCOS. Also spend time to step back and look at your habits right now. Do you eat alot due to stress, boredom, depression, convenience? Do you find exercising hard due to these things? You need to figure out what is going on right now in order to figure out the best way to tackle your weight problem! Once you figure out your habits more clearly, spend time researching different diets and find one that could help the most with your lifestyle. As a busy mom it can be tough, but I know you can do it! I'll be rooting for you all the way and don't be discouraged. Know that we will always be here to give you the support, but it will be up to you in the end for you to decide how willing you will be to battle!

~sillynilly~

I am not on a diet. I am not trying to lose wieght. I am just eating healthy,exercising and enjoying life as best as a college student can. If I end up smaller, well, that is just an added bonus.

Old 10-19-2003, 07:54 PM   #13

jodimarie75 HB User
Lindarella,
Your post was AWESOME!! I need to be put in my place!! I have been moping around all day, depressed cuz I've been eating huge quantities of Halloween candy all day, causing me to eat more cuz I'm so depressed. It's a evil circle! It's pitiful!! I feel gross and bloated after all that chocolate! But it's totally psychological, feeling like you can't control yourself from getting another piece and another piece...thinking about that bag of candy in the cubhard. I like that statement you put...something like "only you control what goes into your mouth" and "the only person holding you back is YOU!" It's sooooo true. We have the power...WE CAN DO THIS!! We have to think differently. I think Dr. Phil's new book is supposed to be focused on this idea. Using a psychological approach, rather than a specific diet ie. atkins, southbeach, jenny craig,etc. It's so much of a behavioral thing....like what you say to yourself. Like..."Oh, I have to have a few more pieces of chocolote and then I will stop" Than you are bound and determined to go and get it. That thought is in your head so now your on mission..you can't just forget about it. Maybe saying to yourself.."I am in control...I'm not going to die if I don't eat that chocolate....I'm taking control"

I know I must sound crazy..but this is helping me as I type. Tell me more, Lindarella!! You make it sound so do-able and it's very motivational. I need to change my mindset...food is not that great!! Yes, you feel good while you're tasting it..but than it's over. We should change how we think about food. We need it to survive but it's not the greatest thing on earth! o.k. I'm rambling and going off subject...anyways, thanks for your encouraging words Lindarella!

Jodi

Closed Thread