It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2003, 07:16 AM   #1

Laura79 HB User
Question South Beach Diet

I am considering starting the South Beach Diet. Wondering if anyone out there has started this diet, and gotten any results? Thanks-

Old 11-04-2003, 07:56 AM   #2

ablack8 HB User
Talking Started today!

Hi Laura,

I have just started the SBD today. It was really expensive to make the first shopping trip, but I am looking forward to seeing results. I bought the book, rather than signing up for the website. I've already eaten more today than I normall do.

Best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2003, 07:58 AM   #3

Mercedes HB User
Hey ablack8! Best of luck - You go sista!

Old 11-04-2003, 08:03 AM   #4

ablack8 HB User
Cool Thanks for the encouragement

Who could this be? Thanks for checking up! Thanks for the idea to come here!

Old 11-04-2003, 08:08 AM   #5
Inactive

HONEYDEWS HB User
[Hi all! I am in my third week of phase one on the SBD. The first week I lost 3 pounds, the second week I lost 5 more. I weigh in every Wednesday and look forward to it each week. I love this eating plan, it has proven to be perfect for me. I have diabetes so it is also very healthy for me. I didn't find the plan to be too expensive. I am eating a lot of fish and seafood, salads, eggs and protein foods.

Good luck to you - keep us posted on your progress.

HONEYDEWS/DEWSHONEY

Old 11-04-2003, 08:26 AM   #6

ablack8 HB User
Smile Thanks for the update!

It probably seemed expensive since I had to buy lots of things I didn't have on hand. It goes get cheaper when you only have to buy meat, dairy, and vegetables.

Thanks for the update!

So, it gets easier over time?

Old 11-04-2003, 08:43 AM   #7
Inactive

HONEYDEWS HB User
So, it gets easier over time?[/QUOTE]

It has been very good for me. For the first two weeks I didn't have any cravings - the past week though with Halloween and such I have been tempted by sweets a bit but haven't given in to them. The carbs have been no problem at all. I just have to keep my mind in the right place and know that losing weight is what I really want. I have a long way to go. My stats are:
SW: 315
CW: 270 (as of last wednesday)
GW: 170
I'm 5 - 8 and going to be 40 on the 12th!!!!

It is a bit more expensive as I eat differently than the rest of my family. I still have three daughters at home and their dad and they don't like all the fish and seafood ect. So fixing two meals a night was a hassle at first, I have adjusted to that. I can usually find good buys on the foods I need though.

Seeing the scale go down every week is a real motivator!!! I haven't been exercising at all, I wanted to do the first two weeks sans exercise then do the next to with working out at the gym - just haven't had the time to get to the gym yet!!!! Hopefully will start that next week and then I should see a change in the loss.

Good luck to you - and please keep us posted on your progress and view of the SBD.

HONEYDEWS/DEWSHONEY

Old 11-04-2003, 08:56 AM   #8

ablack8 HB User
Smile Cool!

You're doing great, Honeydews! That's a lot of weight to loose in a short amount of time...and it's great that you're feeling well too.

If you can make it through Halloween, you can make it through anything.

I am looking forward to good progress. Thanks for your advice.

Old 11-04-2003, 09:08 AM   #9

Mercedes HB User
Honeydews,
That is amazing! Your family must be so proud of you!
I love this board today for the same reason I fell in love with it the first time I registered (I lost my password and all my previous posts so I feel like I'm starting from scratch ); the members are so supportive. Everyone needs support when making life-changing decisions such as WOE, etc. We can all do it together...each person makes us all the more stronger!!!

Go ablack8 go!

*Group Hugs*!!!

Last edited by Mercedes; 11-04-2003 at 09:09 AM.

Old 11-05-2003, 07:53 AM   #10
Inactive

HONEYDEWS HB User
I have a weigh in this afternoon - so hopefully will have some good news to share tomorrow!!!!!

HONEYDEWS/DEWSHONEY

Old 11-06-2003, 05:53 AM   #11

ablack8 HB User
Smile Hello!

Hi Honeydews;

I wasn't able to get into the site yesterday to reply! I hope it was a great day for you. I've survived two days of the SBD, and they haven't been too hard. I am not hungry at all, although I feel like I am eating really heavy and wish I had more fiber. I am sure that will get easier!

Old 11-06-2003, 06:27 AM   #12

Mercedes HB User
Ah yes, ablack8, more fiber...another one of our grandma's statements coming back to haunt us!!! LOL!

Happy Thursday Morning!!

Old 11-06-2003, 06:39 AM   #13

ablack8 HB User
Smile Hola

Perhaps...just maybe...our grandmas were right about something? Nah! Talk to you soon!

Old 11-06-2003, 08:06 AM   #14
Inactive

HONEYDEWS HB User
Hello all! Well I had my weigh in last night and over the past week I lost..............................nothin g!!!!!! So dissapointing, but it could be water or something. I'm not giving up - eating this way really makes me feel better and I feel lighter too! I am taking a three day "me" weekend, leaving tonight for the ocean all by myself. I'm turning 40 next week and want to take some time for myself to celebrate.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

HONEYDEWS/DEWSHONEY

Old 11-06-2003, 08:19 AM   #15

ablack8 HB User
Smile A vacation is a great idea

Thanks for sharing your progress, Honeydews. I guess if we're looking for a healthy lifestyle, one week isn't a huge deal in retrospect. At least you didn't gain any weight, and you have that awesome vacation to look forward to! I hope you have a great time and enjoy some awesome time by yourself. That can be so envigorating, especially when you're taking good care of yourself already. Happy birthday!

Closed Thread