It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2003, 04:44 PM   #1
Inactive

moreen83 HB User
Exclamation Help Me Please

I have this issue, I've been kicking *** on my own diet. I exercise seven days a week now (five=cardio and weights, two=yoga), and I watch what I eat all week. Then once the w/e comes my eating habits crash. Any ideas as to what to do to stop this from happening? Please please...as of friday I weighed 154 which is six pounds less than what I started. My goal is ten all together by christmas.

Old 12-07-2003, 01:53 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cuddledumplin HB User
Re: Help Me Please

Sounds like a good plan. I wish you luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2003, 05:45 AM   #3

shay501 HB User

actually that almost sounds a little like what happens with me.... although i wasn't so intense about my exercise schedule.... whew you really had it going!

i think it could be a couple of things... maybe your exercise regime is so strenuous that after a bit your body cries *wait!* and flops.. or maybe you just get bored?

and maybe you're cutting back too much on the food that you eat? (i know how boring some of those diets can be) with me, i eat cardboard and rabbit food some days and feel so "good" about what i'm doing for my bod and then by the end of the day some evil part of me rebels and i'm craving food.... any kind of food so badly. i think it can also be motivation..... i know with me when i reach my ideal weight i secretly think to myself "this is good enough" and just lax off. and then i find that i need to lose that extra dress size! it's like i never learn......

well.... anyway...... i think it's all eating sensibly.. not depriving yourself of any key, essential nutrients.. eating well........ and keeping your bod in action doing all kinds of different things that you actually WANT to do, i.e. hiking, walking, skating, etc.

good luck moreen! i know i need it :P or... something.....

Old 12-07-2003, 06:40 PM   #4

never2L8 HB User

I would suggest that you factor in a 'cheat day' each week on which you can eat whatever you like - in moderation. The problem with diets is that you end up resenting the fact that all of the food you used to enjoy is bad for you. If you avoid these foods during your diet, are you going to never eat them again?

Unless you are never going to eat something again you are better off incorporating it in to your regime now. Otherwise, once you go off the diet, it is suddenly alright to eat the bad food and you can start putting weight back on. If you start eating these foods in moderation while you are dieting, you are 'training' yourself how to cope with them.

Old 12-07-2003, 06:56 PM   #5
(female)

jowi HB User

Do you count calories? I find it helps me maintain control if I do. Do you know why you're eating more on weekends? Is it because you're bored or are you going out more (eating out)?

If you count calories, you can factor in some "treats" so long as the other food you're eating is low cal. Veggie soup is a great trick - filling and low cal. You can eat a big bowl for under 200 calories.

Also, when I start to feel "weak", I try on clothes - both the ones that are getting to big and the ones that are just starting to fit.

Good luck! Your exercise sounds great. I myself work out every day, usually 45 minutes on my treadmill doing heavy walking and then 30 minutes on my exercise bike several days a week, and I'm TRYING to be regular with my "8 minute" series, but I often "forget" to do those.

Old 12-08-2003, 03:04 PM   #6

layney HB User
Cool Re: Help Me Please

Good luck! Your exercise sounds great. I myself work out every day, usually 45 minutes on my treadmill doing heavy walking and then 30 minutes on my exercise bike several days a week, and I'm TRYING to be regular with my "8 minute" series, but I often "forget" to do those.[/QUOTE]

Quick question for ya, Jowi--I am fairly new to the treadmill, I would rather jog outside but this part of the country is too cold and too dark for that at this time of year. What do you consider "heavy walking" speed to be? I seem to enjoy walking on the treadmill more than jogging, but I am not sure how much of a workout I am getting. (only been doing it seriously for about a week). Also, I get incredibly bored after about 10 minutes and have to force myself to finish the last 10/15 minutes. I have headphones, but I find myself all too often trying to time my minutes by the song length (sigh) until I am through. I would like to work my way up to 30-45 minutes but so far I have only been able to do 25, not because of the strenuosness but out of boredom. Any suggestions, anyone?

Old 12-08-2003, 03:42 PM   #7

never2L8 HB User

Hope you don't mind my putting in my bit in regards to the treadmill. When I started I used to struggle to maintain 3 mph walking speed for any length of time. Now I do 4 mph for 30 minutes, some people walk faster than this but other people are virtually jogging at this speed. Everyone is different in regards to how fast they can walk and as long as you know you are not 'being lazy' and are breathing heavily and increasing your heart rate. Don't use walking pace as the only means of measuring the activity level.

I still have days where I have to break through a barrier at about the 7 minute mark. Once I push myself through this I find that I feel I could go for ever. My gym has 4 tv's on the wall in the cardio room that you can tune your radios into for sound. I find I chill out and watch them without sound and try to figure out what they are saying (Springer without sound is something).

Old 12-09-2003, 07:53 AM   #8

layney HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by never2L8
Hope you don't mind my putting in my bit in regards to the treadmill. When I started I used to struggle to maintain 3 mph walking speed for any length of time. Now I do 4 mph for 30 minutes, some people walk faster than this but other people are virtually jogging at this speed. Everyone is different in regards to how fast they can walk and as long as you know you are not 'being lazy' and are breathing heavily and increasing your heart rate. Don't use walking pace as the only means of measuring the activity level.

I still have days where I have to break through a barrier at about the 7 minute mark. Once I push myself through this I find that I feel I could go for ever. My gym has 4 tv's on the wall in the cardio room that you can tune your radios into for sound. I find I chill out and watch them without sound and try to figure out what they are saying (Springer without sound is something).

Thanks so much for your answer! I am currently doing 3.5MPH and if I want to jog I am at 4.0, slow jog My barrier seems to be at 10 min but I managed 25 last night without too much stress so maybe I just need to keep working on it. My main problem is getting motivated to get started every day--I know it is good for me and that I will feel better with regular excersise but I am soooo out of shape and unused to it that I just have to really push myself to do it. Right now, my husband is my big motivator, as he has lost so much weight over the past few years and is looking so hot I dont want people looking at us thinking what is he doing with her??!! Anyways, thanks for helping. Any other advice would be appreciated!

Old 12-09-2003, 07:59 AM   #9
Inactive

watchyousleepin HB User

I think you should continue with ur motivation just have a day in where you eat just 1 snack you enjoy. I dont advice you to do a "cheat day" like someone suggested.

Last edited by watchyousleepin; 12-09-2003 at 08:01 AM.

Closed Thread