It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2003, 10:07 PM   #1
(female)

rainbow127 HB User
Angry tips please!

OK, here's my gripe...I manange to stick to a healthy, low-cal diet on the weekdays, but come the weekend it always gets ruined by typical social activities (going to TGIFriday's with friends, going out to dinner with my boyfriend...) When all my friends are ordering some tasty (but of course calorie-loaded) appetizers and drinks, how can I stick to a low-cal diet? After doing SO well during the week, i feel terrible for eating something really bad. But at the same time, i wanna be able to enjoy the times i'm out with friends... and unfortunately that often involves eating unhealthily - not to mention the occassional drink =). What do you do in those situations? Order a salad while your friends are munching on potato skins and drinking pina coladas?? I would think this would be a common problem for people trying to diet... any tips / responses would be very greatly appreciated!!

Old 12-16-2003, 11:35 PM   #2

msloquacious HB User
Re: tips please!

Hmmm. That's a toughie. I know that several programs (including Body for Life) recommend taking a "break day," where you can eat whatever you want and skip the workout for the day.

*IF* you can limit yourself to just ONE break day per week, I think you're okay. As far as I know, the body needs some variety, and constantly adhering to a low-fat, low-cal, low-carb diet (or any super-healthy regimented diet) can sometimes cause the body to "plateau." So, enjoy the *one* day of break, and be sure to hit the gym every other day of the week! =)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread