It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #1

jsturg HB User
Question Phentermine Help !!

I have been taking 30mg Phentermine for a month now and although it is curbing my appetite and I am eating way less...I havent lost a pound????
I used this before several years ago and I lost like 40lbs in 6 mos.
I am 5'2 and 156lbs so I can certainly spare a few pounds.
I dont know what's going on this time...
I also take 100mg of 5-htp at night..do you think that may be stalling me? It's supposed to have the opposite effect though?
Any ideas??

Old 01-04-2004, 07:24 PM   #2
(female)

MotherOfAPrincess HB User
Re: Phentermine Help !!

Hi
I took phentermine about a yr and 1/2 ago ......and I lost from 156 to 116 in like 5 months...I thought it was a God sent pill and I even posted about how great it was....but...when I came off it,the weight started coming back---I'm to 138 now...I went back on it and it didn't do a thing for me,I was on 37.5's and I'm only 5'1...a friend told me she did the same thing ,that when she came off them she gained her weight back plus some.....I really hope you have better results......and when you do stop them you are sooooo hungry because when you take them your body is in like a starvation mode,they actually make your brain think you're not hungry all day when your body needs food to product itself...anyways good luck with them

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2004, 09:23 AM   #3

~LoneFoal~ HB User

motherofaprincess
You MUST alter your lifestyle alongside just popping a diet pill. The pill is there to help curb your feelings of hunger, and all the while, YOU must change your way of eating, and when your body is accustomed to that, then YOU WONT gain weight back when stopping the help of Phen. It is not a miracle pill, its just a helper along your path of finding a better and more healthy way of eating.

Old 03-19-2004, 11:22 PM   #4

monifa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherOfAPrincess
Hi
I took phentermine about a yr and 1/2 ago ......and I lost from 156 to 116 in like 5 months...I thought it was a God sent pill and I even posted about how great it was....but...when I came off it,the weight started coming back---I'm to 138 now...I went back on it and it didn't do a thing for me,I was on 37.5's and I'm only 5'1...a friend told me she did the same thing ,that when she came off them she gained her weight back plus some.....I really hope you have better results......and when you do stop them you are sooooo hungry because when you take them your body is in like a starvation mode,they actually make your brain think you're not hungry all day when your body needs food to product itself...anyways good luck with them
where do you get the 37.5's from? Are you guys ordering off the internet? If so maybe that's why they don't work. Also b/c it's not the combination pill is another reason why it's probably not working this time around. I was thinking to ask my dr. to prescribe it b/c I ordered some on line and they looked different so I sent them back.

Old 03-19-2004, 11:33 PM   #5

monifa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturg
I have been taking 30mg Phentermine for a month now and although it is curbing my appetite and I am eating way less...I havent lost a pound????
I also take 100mg of 5-htp at night..do you think that may be stalling me? It's supposed to have the opposite effect though?
Any ideas??
Where did you get them from? I think the combo of the two worked best. Like anna nicole I know she had to be taking the ones with ephera,since it;s off the market now lets see what happens,b/c there is no way she lost all that weight without working out. she has money tough they'll make sure she'll get them I bet. .

Old 03-22-2004, 08:03 AM   #6
(female)

angeleyesinga HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturg
Any ideas??
What is 5-htp and what do you take it for? Also, taking phentermine will curb your appetite and give your energy but are you drinking enough water and what are you eating?

Old 05-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
(female)

I'llbefineNtime HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LoneFoal~
motherofaprincess
You MUST alter your lifestyle alongside just popping a diet pill. The pill is there to help curb your feelings of hunger, and all the while, YOU must change your way of eating, and when your body is accustomed to that, then YOU WONT gain weight back when stopping the help of Phen. It is not a miracle pill, its just a helper along your path of finding a better and more healthy way of eating.
You are soo right! I have lost 7 lbs in 1 wk on Phentermine. I work out 5 days a wk and eat sensible meals. I have 23 more lbs to go and I'm confident that once I achieve my goal, the workouts will help me maintain. Good Luck!

Last edited by I'llbefineNtime; 05-12-2006 at 08:40 PM.

Closed Thread