It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2004, 02:03 AM   #1

JADEDGYPSY HB User
Adipex Users Talk

I am 24, 5'2, and weigh the most i ever have......178. It's been difficult for me because I never had a weight problem until 3 years ago, when I started gaining and never loosing! I'd jump 5 lbs and loose it in a month without a sweat in the past. I have always been small, petite, and curvy. The classic Marilyn Manroe/Salma Hayek figure. And I modeled in stills for 7 years. So becomming "fat" and now clinically obese, was a life altering thing and torture to my once high self esteem. All sorts of things are happening to me now. Back pain, Spiderveins on legs, arms, tummy, and some even on my face! My doctor said my body wasn't built to take on this weight being so petite, and that it was causeing strain in my circulatory system along with the stretch of skin. GEEZ! So now I dished out major bux for a 3 month supply of Adipex-p 37.5 mg, on the internet, after loosing my coverage. I started today, and my god i felt like I was on Coccaine! With a huge high, then comming down to an exhausting low......then high again. I figure its the time release thing. Any how, I would like to hear stories of other users, and am wondering if like Phen, It stops working after a period of time. I heard this from others. When does it usually stop, how can you tell, and how long should I give it a break before starting again. I'll keep you posted on my progress. thanks for listening. - Jaded p.s- when does the "high" side effect ease up?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2004, 09:33 AM   #2
(female)

MotherOfAPrincess HB User
Re: Adipex Users Talk

I was on this (phenetermine)and I lost feom 156 to 116 in about 3or4 months....I LOVED IT...like I've said I thought it was God sent....but when I stopped taking it I was always hungry and have put 20lbs back on weighing 136 now....I went back and gone some more,did nothing for me at all....after being on them for 5 months my body had gotten use to them....one thing to remember when you get to your ideal weight and stop taking them...you have to maintain your own body on your own.....it is hard because like I did when I took them I never ate and was never hungry I practically lived on Mt.Dew and when I stopped my body was starving and EVERYTHIBG sounded and look delicious!!!GOOD LUCK........I am 5'1 and this was in 2002 and 2003
As for the high it last while you take them,it also kept me up at night

Old 01-17-2004, 03:05 PM   #3

hellava HB User

[ Hi I just used Adipex about two months ago.Let me tell you that Adipex work.Now,you said you ordered a three mon.supply,you only need one month supply and you will loose all the weight you need just take your pill every morning with food,and you wantbe hungry for the rest of the day.Adipex work on you mentally,you forget to eat,but you have to make yourself eat something.No excersise and no certain food is needed but we all want to eat healthy.Now,for those of you who want to try adipex need to talk to your Doctor first.I ordered mine on the internet before I talked to my doctor.I lost 12 lbs.the first three weeks I mean the weight was comming off I was so thrilled,(but what I did'nt know is that Adipex is a stimulant which means it will run your blood pressure up.)Now I had to go to the doctor to see what was going on and thats what it was.Adipex has little side affects but because of the weight loss lawsuits they stop giving it in my home town.
All I can say from taking it myself is: Talk to your Doctor first.If its's ok to take the drug every day until you loose the weight you want to loose,eat something even when you're not hungry,and watch the weight come off.

Good Luck!

Old 01-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #4

angelkitty081 HB User

Question for Jaded Gypsy: Has your doctor done lab work like checking your thyroid levels as a possible cause of your weight gain? PS. It is very important to monitor your blood pressure when you are on prescription diet pills.

Old 01-18-2004, 07:47 PM   #5

cajunmommy HB User

Hi, the side effects will ease off. Adipex worked to well on me. I was very unhealthy. Lost 30 pounds in 4 1/2 weeks about 3 summers ago. Had to get off because started making my heart go crazy. Gained most back very fast. Good luck to ya.

Old 01-22-2004, 11:22 AM   #6

JADEDGYPSY HB User

hey there. Thanks for the feedback! The side effects wore off in 3 days exactly. Eachday becomming less and less "high". My thyroid is a bit underactive, but nothing abnormal according to "them". I have lost only 3 lbs, in the week I have been on them. Nothing too extreem.

Old 01-24-2004, 01:53 PM   #7

angelkitty081 HB User

If you get a chance go check out the thyroid board. There is a lot of interesting info there.

Closed Thread