It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2004, 05:15 AM   #1

Ladybug1241973 HB User
Unhappy I cannot lose weight no matter what I do!!!!

What is wrong with me? I have been doing everything I possible can with no results. I changed my whole diet and started exercising 30-60 mins a day. The only things I have been eating are cereal for breakfast and lunch and a subway wrap for dinner. I will have slimfast snack bars sometimes in between,and maybe I will have a little bowl of fat free frozen yogurt at night.I also drink all my water everyday. (64-70 oz) Do I have to give up more food? I have already given up so much. Any other normal person eating this way would lose a ton of weight. But not me it sticks like glue. Help me please!!!

Old 01-25-2004, 05:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
Re: I cannot lose weight no matter what I do!!!!

Iíd suggest a trip to the doctor. Anyone who eats fewer calories than they burn will lose weight 100% of the time unless there is something medically wrong with them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2004, 05:56 AM   #3
Inactive

girlygirly HB User

It doesn't sound like you are eating enough calories. If you eat too little your metabolism will stall to a crawl and weight will become harder and harder to come off. The worst part of it is that your body will start to burn muscle instead of fat. Your diet is also pretty high in carbs. You need to incorporate fruits and veggies and more protein into your diet as your diet isn't too balanced.
Even if it is a medical condition such as hypothyroidism you should change your diet to include whole grains and the other items already listed. Eliminating refined and processed foods will also help your dieting. I would strongly suggest reading the doctor phil weight loss challenge as his diet is very balanced and he focuses on changing your liefstyle and not "dieting". Another good book if you don't like dr. phil is the new glucose revolution which talks about a low-glycemic diet which is a very healthy and satifying way to eat (it is the same type of diet dr p is advocating.

You may want to go to the doctors to see if it is your thyroid, the tests to ask for would TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 as well as the thyroid antobodies test. You should visit the thyroid board to see if you recognise any of the other symptoms. Good Luck to you.

Old 01-25-2004, 06:52 AM   #4
Inactive

OHGal1415 HB User

Why don't you try removing the processed foods from your diet (ie., processed sugar/processed flour), and instead eat WHOLE foods, like lean meats, and vegetables?

I looked at your menu and it reads to me like this:
"The only things I have been eating are [SUGAR] for breakfast and lunch and a subway [FLOUR] for dinner. I will have [SUGAR] bars sometimes in between,and maybe I will have a little bowl of [SUGAR] at night.

With this kind of menu, it's no wonder you're not losing anything. And with almost NO protein, I'm pretty sure any weight you've lost has probably been muscle mass, which is NEVER a good thing.

Old 01-27-2004, 06:01 PM   #5
(female)

pkpointe HB User

the subway wrap is not a wise choice! it is made for adkins followers! it is high in fat. try a 6 inch turkey with no cheese have them put on spicy mustard as a topping. it is a great mix and good luck

Old 04-05-2004, 07:27 PM   #6

pooh5474 HB User

I found that by eliminating white bread and substituting it with whole wheat helps and you definitely need more lean protein. I just saw Dr. Phil today and there was a lady on there who tried all different diets and nothing worked but his plan did. Apparently after you try yo-yo dieting, you eventually become burned out from all the different changes. Maybe you've been trying to many different things. Definitely have your doctor do a good blood work up though because that is one of the things that they kept mentioning today. Maybe your thyroid is sluggish. If not, then I would try more veggies, lean protein, high fiber, low sugar. The water increase is definitely a good thing, but you need to stick to it and most people don't. If you have a chance you should look up the water cure it was put out where I live and people are having great success with it and believe it or not, it helps with alot more than just weight loss. A co-worker of mine...her husband has had terrible asthma and he's on it now.....it's amazing. GOOD LUCK.

Old 04-05-2004, 11:42 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

How long have you been on this program so far, Ladybug?

Old 04-06-2004, 12:27 AM   #8
(female)

sbboyceut HB User

I have noticed myself that the SlimFast products have alot of Sugar in them, Maybe Fruit and a peice of cheese? I agree with OHGal try whole foods....Good Luck!

Closed Thread