It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2004, 08:19 AM   #1

cwest4 HB User
Post The 3 day diet

[B][B]The 3 day diet
For all interested in trying here is the three day diet.

INSTRUCTIONS: Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water per day. You may substitute 1 glass of water for a can of any diet soda during the day. You can add salt and pepper to your foods but DO NOT add any other type of seasoning. DO NOT add mustard or ketchup to any of your food.

DIRECTIONS:
- Follow the menus exactly! (no substitutions)
- DO NOT vary or substitute any of the foods.
- When no quantity is given, there are no restrictions to the amount of food you can eat other than common sense.
- Vegetables may be eaten raw or cooked (preferably steamed but do not use butter or oil to prepare)
- Salt and Pepper may be used. DO NOT use any type of hot sauce or other seasonings.
- 1 cup equals 250 ml
- 1 ounce equals 28 grams

** THIS DIET IS TO BE USED 3 DAYS AT A TIME ONLY. After being on this diet for 3 days, you must give your body at least 4 days off of the diet. This is very important for the diet to be effective. During this off period, it is very important to maintain a healthy and sensible diet.
Because personal metabolisms may vary, it is possible to lose up to 10 pounds in 3 days. After 3 days of dieting, you can eat your normal foods, but do not overeat. After four days of normal eating you may continue a three day regimen.
**How many 3 day stints can I safely go on this diet for? You may safely repeat the diet as often as you need to attain or maintain your ideal weight. Please make sure you give yourself at least a 4 day break in between stints.
**What about the days I'm not dieting? The biggest obstacle to losing large amounts of weight with this diet is overeating on those days you are not on the diet. We suggest that you maintain drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water per day while on your 4 day rest period. It is also very important not to overeat during your 4 day rest period. During your 4 day rest period, try not to eat within 2 hours of going to bed and also limit your alcohol intake.

Some Quick Diet Tips:
- Try not to eat within 2 hours of going to bed
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water per day
- Do not add additional salt, soy sauce or hot sauce to any food you eat
- Limit your alcohol intake
- Do not eat simple sugars such as candy or soda
- Limit your carbohydrate intake such as pastas and breads

THE 3 DAY DIET

DAY 1
BREAKFAST
- 1 cup black coffee or tea (no sugar or cream)
- 1/2 grapefruit or 1/2 cup fresh squeezed juice
- 1 slice of toast with 1 tsp. peanut butter

LUNCH
- 1/2 cup of plain tuna
- 1 slice toast
- 1 cup black coffee or tea (no cream or sugar)

DINNER
- 3 oz. chicken or lean meat broiled
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 small apple
- 1 cup regular vanilla ice cream

DAY 2

BREAKFAST
- 1 cup black coffee or tea (no sugar or sugar)
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1/2 banana
- 1 slice toast

LUNCH
- 1 cup cottage cheese or 1/2 cup plain tuna
- 5 regular saltine crackers

DINNER
- 1 plain hot dog (no bun)
- 1 cup broccoli or cabbage
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream

DAY 3

BREAKFAST
- 5 regular saltine crackers
- 1 oz. cheddar cheese (1 slice)
- 1 small apple

LUNCH
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 slice toast

DINNER
- 1 cup plain tuna
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup melon or cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2004, 11:21 AM   #2

MooseMiss HB User
Re: The 3 day diet

Thanks for posting this, a friend and I were looking for it recently! I have tried it before and only got halfway through .. the food combos were just too icky. But am almost getting desperate enough to try it again.. anyone out there used it who can give success/failure stories?

Old 02-07-2004, 12:52 PM   #3
(female)

Aleii HB User

Quote:
You can add salt and pepper to your foods
Quote:
- Do not add additional salt, soy sauce or hot sauce to any food you eat
Why is there the contradiction here?

And what is wrong with adding mustard? It is 0 calories. It does have salt in it but the first quote says its ok to add salt.

Old 02-07-2004, 04:32 PM   #4

MooseMiss HB User

I think that what is really wrong is that, much tho i want to believe that a diet that involves this much masochism will work - and as I said before, i HAVE tried it - prolly it is all bollocks and has no accreditation at all .. hence the contradiction. It was sold to my friend and I as ' the British Heart Foundation' diet and I daresay it circulates as other things, but the BHF has not heard of it.

Sad tho I am, I prolly WILL try it again if I get desperate enough, however. There's a contradicton going on here somewhere.

Old 02-07-2004, 05:29 PM   #5
(female)

Travel HB User

You are right, there are several "3 Day Diet" plans out there. This is one I got off the internet which is different from the one posted in this thread. Actually, the menus are almost the same, so I won't repeat them, but the instructions at the beginning are as follows:

"This plan it is to be used for 3 days at a time. If you follow it correctly you can lose up to 10 lbs. in 3 days . After 3 days of dieting, resume eating normally for four to five days, do not overeat. You can start back if you like.

You can add herbs, salt, pepper, lemon, vinegar, Worcestershire, soy sauce, mustard & ketchup to your foods. Drink 4 glass of water or diet soda or any diet drink without sugar or use only diet sugar

It is a calorie diet, as long as you eat the same amount of calories in any type of food you will lose weight fast. You can switch the diet food around any way you wish or replace the foods you see for another with the same caloric value." This is called the "3-Day-Diet-Plan".

I tried it this way and lost 6 lbs. the first week, 4 lbs. the second week. Couldn't stay with it after that, which seems to be the story of my life, LOL.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:15 PM   #6

cwest4 HB User

Your welcome! Good luck if you decide to give another try. Let me know how you do.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:21 PM   #7

cwest4 HB User

I think the problem with salt/mustard is the water retention factor, but that's just a guess. When I did the diet I used a little salt, who wants to starve on tastless food? Anyway, as mentioned before I did lose weight even using salt so I think maybe just cutting your usual amounts might help? Also, the last time I did it and lost 12lbs. I drank all of the water that I was supposed to, and more! The first two times I didn't drink water the way the diet said to (I HATE drinking water ) and as you can see the results were not as good. I like the diet, it's easy to follow and like it says you don't have buy foods that you don't normally eat.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:36 PM   #8

needasolution HB User

They posted this in the woman's world magazine and they said the reason why there are so many versions of it is because people substitute stuff. Although the instructions say that you shouldn't substitute the magazine said its find as long as it is similar so substitute a vegetable for another vegetable of the same type.

Old 02-09-2004, 04:49 AM   #9
(female)

capri2428 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by needasolution
They posted this in the woman's world magazine and they said the reason why there are so many versions of it is because people substitute stuff. Although the instructions say that you shouldn't substitute the magazine said its find as long as it is similar so substitute a vegetable for another vegetable of the same type.

I have done the 3 day diet and have had great results. I have lost about 20 pounds and have not gained a pound back!!!

Old 02-16-2004, 04:40 AM   #10

jo_ix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri2428
I have done the 3 day diet and have had great results. I have lost about 20 pounds and have not gained a pound back!!!
Once read somewhere if you eat just apple (no restriction on how much) and take water for 3 straight days, you will loose up to 10 lbs. I guess it is the same, with this plan, there is so little food/calories, of course you can loose weight but may not be able to keep it off.

Old 02-16-2004, 09:43 AM   #11

HaneyC98 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwest4
... When I did the diet I used a little salt, who wants to starve on tastless food?
I was instructed to use MORTON LITE SALT. Read off the label "... it has Half the sodium of table salt. It has Iodized salt & Potassium chloride...This salt supplies iodide, a necessary nutrient." I was informed because it has the potassium which is a must when losing weight but no bananas in the beginning because of the sugars. (not forever, just during the critical time of losing weight)

Just a thought here to those wanting salt the healtier way. It's amazingly saltier than regular table salt and good tasting too. I was shocked that I actually liked it and even more amazed when my 10 yr old likes it better than table salt!!!

Old 02-16-2004, 01:45 PM   #12

needasolution HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_ix
Once read somewhere if you eat just apple (no restriction on how much) and take water for 3 straight days, you will loose up to 10 lbs. I guess it is the same, with this plan, there is so little food/calories, of course you can loose weight but may not be able to keep it off.

I don't know if my first repoly posted so i am posting it again:
its a little more balanced than just apples and many of the women who have done it have been able to keep off the weight.

Old 02-16-2004, 10:54 PM   #13

jo_ix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by needasolution
I don't know if my first repoly posted so i am posting it again:
its a little more balanced than just apples and many of the women who have done it have been able to keep off the weight.
I am going to try then. I tried the apple diet for a little over a day then got so hungry that I just had to get some real food into my stomach. Even with the 3-day diet in this post, it's going to be hard to go for 3 days. I guess I am just weak?! Any experiences to share with me?

Old 02-17-2004, 02:58 AM   #14

alwaysgod2 HB User

Do you have to eat the ice cream,or can u like drink milk or something?

Old 02-17-2004, 03:19 PM   #15
(female)

pkpointe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri2428
Did you lose that in 3 days

Closed Thread